• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victor Cruz is the smaller, faster incarnation of Terrell Owens

Same kind of build
    Makes the big YAC plays
    Makes the acrobatic cattch, but not the most consistent hands
    Not the fastest, but has an amazing burst of speed and still has great top speed
    Makes the clutch catches

Thoughts?

Re: Victor Cruz is the smaller, faster incarnation of Terrell Owens

I dont see it.

TO is a big physical player, at 6'3 225 pounds he outmuscled defenders.

Cruz is much smaller at 5'11.5 and ~200 pounds, he doesnt win by being physically stronger than anyone. He wins with ball skills, and his lateral explosion and vertical jumping.

I dont think Cruz has the downfield speed that TO has either. Cruz really, is rather average vertically.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"]I dont see it.

Cruz is much smaller at 5'11.5 and ~200 pounds, he doesnt win by being physically stronger than anyone. He wins with ball skills, and his lateral explosion and vertical jumping.

I dont think Cruz has the downfield speed that TO has either. Cruz really, is rather average vertically.[/quote]

Plus, when you think of T.O., you think "locker room cancer." Fair or not, that's his defining characteristic in most people's minds. Cruz is not like that at all (as of now at least).

Comment

If you ask me he reminds me of a faster Hinds Ward.
        Emperor Tom

Comment

The only major similarity between the two I see is that they both have very powerful and explosive lower bodies

Comment

TO was faster than Cruz is

Comment

thankfully they each have drastically different personalities

Comment

I don't see it either. He reminds me of a less physical S. Smith of Carolina.

Comment

Hakeem Nicks is TO's clone as far as playing style is concerned with less drops.

Comment

I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

[quote user="NWKEffectElement"]If you ask me he reminds me of a faster Hinds Ward.[/quote]

+1.

Cruz is more elusive.

sigpic

Comment

[quote user="Roswell777"]I don't see it either. He reminds me of a less physical S. Smith of Carolina.[/quote]
                        Yeah that's who I compare him to. He possesses that same home-run ability.

Comment

Please don't mention TO in the same thread as Cruz and Nicks. they have character. TO never did.

Comment

[quote user="Giants10Joe"][quote user="slipknottin"]I dont see it.

I dont think Cruz has the downfield speed that TO has either. Cruz really, is rather average vertically.[/quote]

Plus, when you think of T.O., you think "locker room cancer." Fair or not, that's his defining characteristic in most people's minds. Cruz is not like that at all (as of now at least).
                            [/quote]lol

Comment

[quote user="Dorothy"]Please don't mention TO in the same thread as Cruz and Nicks. they have character. TO never did.[/quote]
                              TO is also one of the best receivers to ever play the game though. It's his skills Cruz is being compared to, not his personality.

Comment

Working...
                              X