19 years

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19 years

since the Jets have beaten the Giants in a non preseason game. who are the real kings of NY?

Re: 19 years

The Yankees....oh you mean football....Giants of course!

Comment

Yeah but that last one they won still hurts
      8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]Yeah but that last one they won still hurts
        [/quote]I remember the one in 88 where they scored on a td pass with 37 seconds left to keep us from clinching a playoff berth. We have beat them 5 regular season games in a row and lead series 7-4. We also won The first ever reg game between us in 1970 at Yankee Stadium 22-10. My Dad and uncles took me. I was 12 yrs old, Also remember having season tickets when they came to Yale bowl (10m from my house) and the jets beating us there in overtime?. We didn't win but one game there in two seasons at yalebow...bad times...

Football has been very, very good to us.
        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
        4-New York Giants!!!
        5-NE
        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]Yeah but that last one they won still hurts
          [/quote]I do remember the last time they beat us was 19 yrs ago in 93. However I don't remember any details of that game other then losing 10-6. Why did it hurt so much? Did that also keep us out of playoffs? Outplayed bad?

Lol. Is thAt a bad sign for a 54 ur old when you can remember stuff from childhood... Details. From 1970s but can't remember something 23 yrs or so after that?... Is that early onset dementia
          Football has been very, very good to us.
          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
          4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE
          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

[quote user="miked1958"]

Lol. Is thAt a bad sign for a 54 ur old when you can remember stuff from childhood... Details. From 1970s but can't remember something 23 yrs or so after that?... Is that early onset dementia[/quote]

We're in the same boat, I'll be 54 in August and can't remember stuff from last week, but remember things great from the 60's, 70's and 80's.

Comment

[quote user="miked1958"][quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]Yeah but that last one they won still hurts
              [/quote]I do remember the last time they beat us was 19 yrs ago in 93. However I don't remember any details of that game other then losing 10-6. Why did it hurt so much? Did that also keep us out of playoffs? Outplayed bad?

Lol. Is thAt a bad sign for a 54 ur old when you can remember stuff from childhood... Details. From 1970s but can't remember something 23 yrs or so after that?... Is that early onset dementia[/quote]

Sorry I was thinking of 1988 and it was too early in the morning to make sure the math was other than close enough
              8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

[quote user="miked1958"] Also remember having season tickets when they came to Yale bowl (10m from my house) and the jets beating us there in overtime?. We didn't win but one game there in two seasons at yalebow...bad times...[/quote]

Norm Snead at QB for Giants, I believe. Joe Namath ran naked bootleg at end of game for win in OT. The pain.

Comment

Wow it's been that long hasn't it

Comment

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="miked1958"][quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]Yeah but that last one they won still hurts

Sorry I was thinking of 1988 and it was too early in the morning to make sure the math was other than close enough
                    [/quote]

Eh...3 SB victories since then, I don't think it hurts all that much anymore...

Comment

Working...
                    X