No announcement yet.

Haven't heard a lick about Da"Rel Scott... Feel like he's being lost in the mix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haven't heard a lick about Da"Rel Scott... Feel like he's being lost in the mix

Literally haven't heard a single thing about him this entire off season?

Being a second year player he should have an upper hand on Wilson and be a leading candidate for at least the #3 spot.

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Re: Haven't heard a lick about Da"Rel Scott... Feel like he's being lost in the mix

In my mind, Scott's job this year is get better than Ware for NEXT year.

Coughlin always seems to favor consistent mediocrity over inconsistent greatness. Nobody is more consistently mediocre than DJ Ware.

Comment

Re: Haven't heard a lick about Da"Rel Scott... Feel like he's being lost in the mix

not sure what you want to hear about him?

There have been a couple articles about him, Gilbride mentioned him the other day.

There isnt really all that much you can gather about running backs in no contact drills like minicamp is.

Training camp you get a slightly better idea, but preseason should be the real test.

Comment

If he can pick up pass protection and work on ball security, he'll have a spot

Comment

I like scott better than ware. scott at least has special qualities in his game (straight line speed). ware seems like above average to average at everything, great at nothing

Comment

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]

Being a second year player he should have an upper hand on Wilson and be a leading candidate for at least the #3 spot.

[/quote]
            I don't know about that... I think the first round rookie generally will have the upper hand on the 2nd year 7th rounder, especially when Scott didn't do much to impress his rookie year.

Comment

[quote user="Neverend"]I like scott better than ware. scott at least has special qualities in his game (straight line speed). ware seems like above average to average at everything, great at nothing[/quote]
              i agree. but that could be a factor in wares favor. the staff love versatilitty you know that, although ware doesnt do any 1 thing great, he does multitude of things avg.

i did see KG mention Scotts speed with Wilsons speed and how Wilson has a diff type of explsiveness than scotts

and i disageee that scott should have the edge for the 3rd back...

wilsons playing for back up and since we spent a 1rst on him, that makes sense.
              ware and scott r fighting for the 3rd back not wilson

Comment

I hope Martinek fits into the picture. I don't see how Ware makes the team.

Comment

They just had mini camps/OTA's. What would you expect to hear exactly? If he's going to make an impression it'll be in training camp/preseason.

Comment

It's kind of like what a reporter said the other day about Austin. He was saying how people where asking him about Aistin and he said its hard to tell anything from a DT without any contact.

Comment

The only hope that Ware has is that none of the other RB's save Bradshaw can protect the QB. Wilson, Scott, and Martinek are all better runners than him. If they pick up the ball and QB security to at least be competent at it, Ware is GOOOOONE...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

[quote user="Toadofsteel"]The only hope that Ware has is that none of the other RB's save Bradshaw can protect the QB. Wilson, Scott, and Martinek are all better runners than him. If they pick up the ball and QB security to at least be competent at it, Ware is GOOOOONE...[/quote]

I agree. Ware is not great at protection but does a good job. That is a plus. If scott can provide decent protection, I believe he will beat out ware for that spot.

It appears a given that Wilson will be in the rotation somewhere. Martinek, I know can pass protect but faces an uphill battle in making the rotation. Practice squad maybe.. . . . . . . .and don't forget about A. Brown. . . . .bulked up to handle a bigger role.

Comment

Sorry I just don't have any hope for Scott. he seems like he has less shiftiness than brandon Jacobs. Just a straight up speed guy. Maybe he can fix it but I doubt it.

Comment

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]Literally haven't heard a single thing about him this entire off season?

[/quote]

seriously? Have you even seen Wilsons highlights?

Comment

There was an article on him a while back saying that they were moving him around a bit, I think a little WR to use his speed. I kind of thought that was a nice idea, not sure if it will translate to more playing time but...

Here's the latest I could find:

http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/6/6/...re-darel-scott

Comment

Working...
                              X