No announcement yet.

JPP is now playing at 295 lbs..... 6-5 295.. may God have mercy on the league

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JPP is now playing at 295 lbs..... 6-5 295.. may God have mercy on the league

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...&thread=445210
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Re: JPP is now playing at 295 lbs..... 6-5 295.. may God have mercy on the league

Lets just hope he stays quick and keeps generating more momentum...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Re: JPP is now playing at 295 lbs..... 6-5 295.. may God have mercy on the league

I worry about the weight but his frame is so that it might not hender his speed. I wonder if this is by suggestion of the coaching staff?????

Either or, if he can still back flip like he did at a lesser weight. . . . . .I'll feel better!!!!!!!! Dude is a freak, so I'll take it. Might be a project.

20 POUNDS. Could make him unstoppable. (Reggie White)

Comment

It's not like he's BULKING up he's more-so just playing at a comfortable weight built for his frame. The guy is ENORMOUS.

As Breezely mentioned Reggie White played at 6-5 300-305.
        "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

I like this a lot. Not only does it make him that much more sturdy in the run game, but it should make him better in the pass rush aspect as well.

I don't think he will lose much explosiveness/quickness, but it should improve his bull rush and more importantly, the threat of it. JPP is a dedicated learner, he will become a very savvy player and his frame/athleticism/instincts only make him that much of a harder player to contain.
          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Of course it's a physics issue... force = mass * acceleration. By adding mass, he can add force (which equals levelled o-linemen and QB's), but not if adding the weight compromises his acceleration.

Yes, my physics teacher in high school did use football to demonstrate f=ma...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

I hope this works out. More weight usually means less stamina and more stress on joints and muscles.
              Originally posted by PennState1
              In and around the end zone and on crucial plays, the ball should go to one of our 3 receivers and no one else if at all possible.

Comment

[quote user="Coach Carter"]I hope this works out. More weight usually means less stamina and more stress on joints and muscles.[/quote]5 pounds of muscle, it doesn't magically appear one morning.
                My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

I don't know. Judging from the videos I've seen of him during OTA's the guy looks the same to me.

Question for all you trainers and workout beasts out there:

Is it possible to gain 20 lbs. of muscle and not lose your quickness, speed and flexibility?

Comment

[quote user="Cool Papa B."]I don't know. Judging from the videos I've seen of him during OTA's the guy looks the same to me.

Is it possible to gain 20 lbs. of muscle and not lose your quickness, speed and flexibility?[/quote]

Yes. In fact it usually adds to quickness/explosiveness and can make you more flexible unless you just get too stacked. However, you will not be able to run fast for longer distances. You'll still have great endurance, just not the same as it was. In JPP's case, it might cut his play time by 3-4 snaps a game just so he can catch his breath.

Good example is a sprinter vs a distance runner. Sprinters are usually stacked and explosive with great short term speed. Distance runners are built to do just that.

In the NFL, you have short bursts of speed followed by 20 seconds of rest. It's better to be built like a sprinter to take full advantage of the short burst of energy.

Question though.. Why does this make JPP a monster yet when Bennett does it (who actually has a bigger frame), he is a fat, lazy jerk?

Comment

In normal terms of an adult @25 years old adding 20lbs i can say from experience i lost flexibility and quickness. It was inherint in the way i needed to train in order to gain all that muscle. Super heavy sets and low reps.

In terms of someone growin from a young adult into a full grown male, it probably will not negatively affect him. In fact he will most likely be stronger and faster than before. His body produced more of the muscle than him building it through heavy lifting. He still trains the same and could possibly even get more flexible if he adds things like yoga like toomer and others have done later in their careers.

He is just starting to come into his own!
                      Glad he is ours.

I still get insulted when i hear other fans jealous of us picking him. I have an eagles fan friend who isnt the typical *****. But he thinks if the eagles had picked him instead of graham they would now have the same player he is today.
                      He is a combo of his raw athletic ability and a product of our system of coaches and players already in place.
                      I bet if the eagles or anyone else picked him he wouldnt be quite the quality player he is today. He came to us so raw and our system is molding him into a rare player.

Comment

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"]
                        Question though.. Why does this make JPP a monster yet when Bennett does it (who actually has a bigger frame), he is a fat, lazy jerk?[/quote]

Great point.

Comment

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="Cool Papa B."]I don't know. Judging from the videos I've seen of him during OTA's the guy looks the same to me.

Is it possible to gain 20 lbs. of muscle and not lose your quickness, speed and flexibility?[/quote]

Yes. In fact it usually adds to quickness/explosiveness and can make you more flexible unless you just get too stacked. However, you will not be able to run fast for longer distances. You'll still have great endurance, just not the same as it was. In JPP's case, it might cut his play time by 3-4 snaps a game just so he can catch his breath.

Good example is a sprinter vs a distance runner. Sprinters are usually stacked and explosive with great short term speed. Distance runners are built to do just that.

In the NFL, you have short bursts of speed followed by 20 seconds of rest. It's better to be built like a sprinter to take full advantage of the short burst of energy.

Question though.. Why does this make JPP a monster yet when Bennett does it (who actually has a bigger frame), he is a fat, lazy jerk?[/quote]

Thanks for breaking it down.If adding 20 lbs. of muscles results in JPP losing 3-4 plays/game wouldn't it make sense to stay at or around his weight. The key is having JPP play at full speed as much as possible.

Comment

Wasn't he playing in the 290 range last year anyways? He's a young guy he should be able to handle the weight. 5-7 years down the line though he will probably have to cut some weight.

Comment

[quote user="Cool Papa B."][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="Cool Papa B."]I don't know. Judging from the videos I've seen of him during OTA's the guy looks the same to me.

Thanks for breaking it down.If adding 20 lbs. of muscles results in JPP losing 3-4 plays/game wouldn't it make sense to stay at or around his weight. The key is having JPP play at full speed as much as possible.[/quote]

Not if he thinks he can make a bigger impact in 20 plays at this weight than he could in 23 on the former.

Comment

Working...
                              X