Odd man out in Running Back Competion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd man out in Running Back Competion

We may have another Ryan Grant situation on our hands. The odd man out could very well pop up on another teams starting lineup just like Grant did with GB...

If you remember he showed some flashes in Preseason but not enough to keep him from being cut. Especially when we had a AB, BJ, Ward all in camp.

Scott, joe m or even ware may surprise us on another team with the right amount of playing time
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Re: Odd man out in Running Back Competion

[quote user="miked1958"]We may have another Ryan Grant situation on our hands. The odd man out could very well pop up on another teams starting lineup just like Grant did with GB...

If you remember he showed some flashes in Preseason but not enough to keep him from being cut. Especially when we had a AB, BJ, Ward all in camp.

Scott, joe m or even ware may surprise us on another team with the right amount of playing time[/quote]

Ryan Grant was traded to the Packers.

Comment

[quote user="njersey"][quote user="miked1958"]We may have another Ryan Grant situation on our hands. The odd man out could very well pop up on another teams starting lineup just like Grant did with GB...

Scott, joe m or even ware may surprise us on another team with the right amount of playing time[/quote]

Ryan Grant was traded to the Packers.[/quote]Okay had my facts wrong.. But the trade was due to having to many guys at the position like we do now. Correct
      Football has been very, very good to us.
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
      4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE
      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

it could be that sort of situation.

But chances are most of the guys on the roster right now have very little value, apart from Bradshaw and Wilson.

They need to all be excellent in preseason games to establish any sort of real value through the league.

Comment

every body seems to want Scott to be a bigger factor in our offense this year but so far all he has shown me is that he is very fast as seen in one pre season game last year. He has to show that he can do more than run. Protecting Eli's blindside is a must for all RBs as well as catching the ball out of the backfield and not putting the ball on the ground. I want to see Scott running the ball through defenses too but the fact that we don't read hardly anything about him doesn't tell me too much as far as him progressing from last year

Comment

[quote user="JesseJames"]every body seems to want Scott to be a bigger factor in our offense this year but so far all he has shown me is that he is very fast as seen in one pre season game last year. He has to show that he can do more than run. Protecting Eli's blindside is a must for all RBs as well as catching the ball out of the backfield and not putting the ball on the ground. I want to see Scott running the ball through defenses too but the fact that we don't read hardly anything about him doesn't tell me too much as far as him progressing from last year[/quote]

Those are things that are LEARNED in ota and training camp,which most rookies get a chance to participate in, Scott did not get that chance...for all practical purposes he is not much more than a draft pick now....why don't we give him a chance to learn like all other rookies.......
            "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

Too many backs for sure but DJW is no Ryan Grant.

If the kids show that they are ready, Ware is an easy cut.

No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

[quote user="jomo"]

[/quote]

Exactly. Ware is horrible as a RB. His one saving grace is that he can protect the QB. But if Scott Wilson and Martinek prove they can all do THAT job adequately, they all have more talent than Ware at RB and so Ware is gone...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Adios to Ware... he has no ***

Comment

[quote user="jomo"]

[/quote]

bingo

Comment

Scott and Andre Brown, have to prove themselves. Scott kind of became expendable once Wilson was drafted. Seem like they are the same player. You might can say Ware and Brown are similar, but Ware having the experience of playing time. I see Martinek on the practice squad.

Comment

Scott has only had breakouts in preseason games. he hasnt been a factor in the regular season due to inexperience and playing time! i suspect he will get tons of looks in the preseason and that may seal his fate one way or the other!

if Scott shows much improvement and great potential Ware and/or Brown may begone!

sigpic

Comment

[quote user="Breezely"]Scott and Andre Brown, have to prove themselves. Scott kind of became expendable once Wilson was drafted. Seem like they are the same player. You might can say Ware and Brown are similar, but Ware having the experience of playing time. I see Martinek on the practice squad.[/quote]

Wilson and Scott are nothing like the same player. Scott looks to be a very linear player, also needing a hole to get to his top speed. Don't know why people expected so much of him with the struggles of the offensive line. Wilson is not only shifty, but looks for more explosive in his acceleration.

I thought Brown looked better overall than Scott last preseason.

Comment

Working...
                          X