Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will make the giants into a top rushing team again?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will make the giants into a top rushing team again?

Typically the giants are a top rushing team. Last year we picked it up in the playoffs but were not doing well most of the regular season. What can we do this year to have multiple hundred yard rushing games.
    Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Re: What will make the giants into a top rushing team again?

The Giants were the top rushing team in the playoffs. The Oline was playing better by then. If we can do it against the playoff caliber teams, there is no reason why they can't be a top rushing team in the regular season.

Furthermore, the additions of Bennett and Wilson and the subtraction of KMac should improve our rushing game.

Do not feed the trolls.

Comment

better running backs = better running game

Giants were the worst open field running team in the league last year. Even if Bradshaw/Jacobs got past the line they got almost no yards after.

Look at Bradshaws stats compared to previous seasons, he had only 3 20+ yard runs. Compared to 2010 where he had 13 20+ yard runs and 2 40+ yarders.

Jacobs last year had 20+ yard run. In 2010 he had 10 20+ yard runs, and 1 40 yard run.

Giants added arguably the most explosive runner in the draft. A player who can hopefully add some open field yards and long runs.

Comment

Bionic feet for Bradshaw and a good push to get to the second level of defenses. As said they didn't seem to break many long runs and seemed to hesitate at the line.

I think the team is motivated to get their running game going this year so it will probably return as a strength.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"]better running backs = better running game

Giants were the worst open field running team in the league last year. Even if Bradshaw/Jacobs got past the line they got almost no yards after.

Look at Bradshaws stats compared to previous seasons, he had only 3 20+ yard runs. Compared to 2010 where he had 13 20+ yard runs and 2 40+ yarders.

Jacobs last year had 20+ yard run. In 2010 he had 10 20+ yard runs, and 1 40 yard run.

Giants added arguably the most explosive runner in the draft. A player who can hopefully add some open field yards and long runs.[/quote]

20+ yard runs are about the line getting you the first 5. You are not going to get the first 5 if you half back and line can not move people.

I think our o-line has to become a force again, they have to make real holes and move people off the line. I think petro's can be a larger part of this. I think hynoski can put on more weight and be more effective. I think baas should sit and booth should start.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"]better running backs = better running game

Giants added arguably the most explosive runner in the draft. A player who can hopefully add some open field yards and long runs.[/quote]

It won't matter if we have Barry Sanders incarnate back there as long as our o-line continues to perform like they did last yr.

Comment

[quote user="appodictic"]Typically the giants are a top rushing team. Last year we picked it up in the playoffs but were not doing well most of the regular season. What can we do this year to have multiple hundred yard rushing games.
              [/quote]It will be better this year
              Football has been very, very good to us.
              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
              4-New York Giants!!!
              5-NE
              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Most NFL people, coaches, evaluators, etc. will tell you that the back makes the OL, not the other way around.

If you have a great back, you dont need to have a very good OL to be productive.

Comment

David Wilson

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"]Most NFL people, coaches, evaluators, etc. will tell you that the back makes the OL, not the other way around.

If you have a great back, you dont need to have a very good OL to be productive.[/quote]

Like who? Why do you constantly state your opinions as if they were facts?

Comment

[quote user="ShakeNBake"]Like who? Why do you constantly state your opinions as if they were facts?
                      [/quote]

Greg Cosell. Who talks to more NFL people than anyone in the media.

He said in a tweet a while back that many nfl people believe a great back makes the OL, not the other way around.

Heres one of his tweets - "Interesting comments re: connection betwn RB/OL. Every coach I've talked to says the RB makes the OL, not the OL making the back."

Its not my opinion. Its the opinion of experts which I chose to believe.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"]Most NFL people, coaches, evaluators, etc. will tell you that the back makes the OL, not the other way around.

If you have a great back, you dont need to have a very good OL to be productive.[/quote]

Yes but our offensive line was less then very good. They were bad. Watching my "road to XLVI" right now. Giants were second and goal at the one against the packers, they bring in jacobs. He gets hit by three guys 4 yards back of the LOS. This was not an isolated incident. No running back can make that o-line better.

They did not even particularly pass block well either. Eli just had incredible pocket presence.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="ShakeNBake"]Like who? Why do you constantly state your opinions as if they were facts?
                          [/quote]

Greg Cosell. Who talks to more NFL people than anyone in the media.

He said in a tweet a while back that many nfl people believe a great back makes the OL, not the other way around.

Its not my opinion. Its the opinion of experts which I chose to believe.[/quote]

Ok and many others say that the o-line is more important to the running game such as Schlereth. So again, you are not stating facts, but opinions.

Comment

[quote user="appodictic"]. He gets hit by three guys 4 yards back of the LOS. This was not an isolated incident. No running back can make that o-line better. [/quote]

That in fact is exactly the point. A great HB would still find holes and gain yards. Barry Sanders had a horrible OL, yet was one of the most productive runners of all time.

Think Adrian Peterson has a good OL?

Comment

[quote user="ShakeNBake"][Ok and many others say that the o-line is more important to the running game such as Schlereth. So again, you are not stating facts, but opinions.
                              [/quote]

I didnt know Schlereth was an nfl coach or FO guy.

As i said - "Interesting comments re: connection betwn RB/OL. Every coach I've talked to says the RB makes the OL, not the OL making the back" - Greg Cosell

And again, if you feel a need to attack me instead of what I say then I have no need to discuss this further with you.

Comment

Working...
                              X