Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

According to report Gmen have 2nd best chance of".............

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• According to report Gmen have 2nd best chance of".............

Not making playoffs in 2012. The write up stated that EVERY Season 5-8 teams that made the playoffs the prior year don't qualify the next season due to a harder schedule. They said although it's rare that a SB winning team misses playoffs altogether the following year the giants got the hardest (.547 winning % of opponents) schedule in NFL this season.

They said the giants didn't take full advantage of having the NFC West last season and this yr get the NFC South and AFC North which could make them lose a game more then last season. First on the list of 5 teams that may not repeat as playoff teams was the Saints... Yep..

Of the 5 teams that missed last season that they think will make it this yr. yep. Philly and Dallas?

Thoughts?
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Re: According to report Gmen have 2nd best chance of".............

Here is the website

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8084947

I apologize if this was posted.. I saw a thread titled "BSPN at it again" but that was about John Clayton predicting we'd finish at 9-7
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE

Comment

Sorry guys.. For some reason I have a hard time Linking on my iPad. Desktop, no trouble.. Must be doing something wrong. Maybe someone can help me out with that

4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE

Comment

It is definitely an uphill battle to make the playoffs for any team. If the Giants can be consistent and show improvement in their running game and defensive play while maintaining a successful passing game then they will be there.

I would always think the incumbent team should be picked to win it all in the beginning. Just like Phil Simms said.

I don't think it is Giants hate I just think that some folks have gotten the Skip Bayless bug and just say some crazy things. f their predictions come they sound like geniuses and if they are wrong, everyone except those on this board will have forgotten them.

All I can say is wait and see and hope for the best.

Comment

[quote user="miked1958"]Sorry guys.. For some reason I have a hard time Linking on my iPad. Desktop, no trouble.. Must be doing something wrong. Maybe someone can help me out with that[/quote]
          Place your links inside [url] [/url] tags.

Like this: [url]http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8084947[/url]

Doing so will produce: http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8084947

Comment

They hate the Giants at ESPN.

Comment

[quote user="foosball"]They hate the Giants at ESPN.
              [/quote]
              It's more that Giants fans seem to take offense at any article which doesn't proclaim them to be the greatest team ever assembled.

Comment

I think they are basing this on their belief that both the Eagles and Boys underperformed last year. I can see that - but what I can't see is why they don't believe that we also underperformed in the 2011 regular season. On paper, we should have taken both games from the Skins, which would have put our regular season record at 11-5. I don't really care where they pick us to finish - glamor and glitz speak much louder in July & August than they do in December and January. That's when commitment and dedication take over.

I'm ready to have at it - but have to get through a few more months of the "fidgets" yet.

Comment

Yeah it's common for teams to get a much harder schedule than the previous year if the team had made the playoffs. But the thing is, we were in 2nd place in 2010, but so were SF, NO, and GB (they were wildcard for their own SB run). Now all of those teams are in 1st with us. The only teams that are changing are that the other three teams in the NFC West (arizona, st. louis, and seattle) are replaced with NFC South (atlanta, tampa, and carolina), as well as the AFC East being replaced with the AFC North. So the schedule is a tiny bit harder, but we had a tough schedule last season too. The biggest hurdle that we didn't have to face last year is Carolina (and after that, Baltimore). As long as our many games vs. the eagles have paid off against running QBs, we should be fine. Pittsburgh is aging pretty hard now, we get the saints at home for a change, and I don't see the Browns or the Bengals being terribly much of a concern either.

The most important thing is to win games inside the division. We went 3-3 in the division last year. We need to sweep washington and preferably Philly too. It's likely to come down to division records with us, as the race for the division will be tight...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

[quote user="Flip Empty"][quote user="miked1958"]Sorry guys.. For some reason I have a hard time Linking on my iPad. Desktop, no trouble.. Must be doing something wrong. Maybe someone can help me out with that[/quote]
                    Place your links inside [url] [/url] tags.

Like this: [url]http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8084947[/url]

Doing so will produce: http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8084947[/quote]Thankyou!!!

4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE

Comment

[quote user="chasjay"]I think they are basing this on their belief that both the Eagles and Boys underperformed last year. I can see that - but what I can't see is why they don't believe that we also underperformed in the 2011 regular season. On paper, we should have taken both games from the Skins, which would have put our regular season record at 11-5. I don't really care where they pick us to finish - glamor and glitz speak much louder in July & August than they do in December and January. That's when commitment and dedication take over.

I'm ready to have at it - but have to get through a few more months of the "fidgets" yet.
                      [/quote]

It's definitely the case that we were battling a MASSIVE injury bug last year, and improved as people came back online towards the end, especially on defense. Thankfully, the only big name injury so far is Hakeem Nicks *knock on wood*, and he's projected to be playable from week 1, and at 100% by weeks 2-3.

With all 3 of our big pass rushers ready to go (and Osi happy with his extra money), we'll be able to place any QB under siege for most of the game. We were ranked third even with Osi out for half the season, so we'll perform even better up front.

In the back, Prince Amukamara benefits from having a full offseason. Joe Buck in the div. game vs GB and Al Michaels in the SB both called special attention to him when he stepped on the field, and said watch Rodgers/Brady try to exploit this guy, and he didn't let them. He has only upside as he gets to learn our defense better. T2 coming back means we have 3 pro bowl level CB's on our team, and Ross is actually the worst of the three (still no slouch though). Rolle will be allowed to play safety again, and he seems to have come around with regards to his team attitude.

Our offense looks no less scarier. Randle is just as much of a beast as Manningham was. With three WR's that all have to be given special attention, we can stretch defenses to the breaking point. Our run game will only improve with Wilson in the backfield with Bradshaw.

Yeah, we're improved...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

[quote user="Toadofsteel"]Yeah it's common for teams to get a much harder schedule than the previous year if the team had made the playoffs. But the thing is, we were in 2nd place in 2010, but so were SF, NO, and GB (they were wildcard for their own SB run). Now all of those teams are in 1st with us. The only teams that are changing are that the other three teams in the NFC West (arizona, st. louis, and seattle) are replaced with NFC South (atlanta, tampa, and carolina), as well as the AFC East being replaced with the AFC North. So the schedule is a tiny bit harder, but we had a tough schedule last season too. The biggest hurdle that we didn't have to face last year is Carolina (and after that, Baltimore). As long as our many games vs. the eagles have paid off against running QBs, we should be fine. Pittsburgh is aging pretty hard now, we get the saints at home for a change, and I don't see the Browns or the Bengals being terribly much of a concern either.

The most important thing is to win games inside the division. We went 3-3 in the division last year. We need to sweep washington and preferably Philly too. It's likely to come down to division records with us, as the race for the division will be tight...[/quote]Very well thought out post. And I agree. To add to it we have 4 of those division Games that you mentioned in the first 8. So 50% of all our games in the first half of the season our against divison rivals. We also see SF, Carolina, Tampa and Cleveland. If we don't want to dig ourselves a huge hole in the division and for a playoff spot overall we need to go 3-1 in those rival games and 3-1 in the other 4, or at worst 2-2 in those. That would make us 6-2 at the break and at the absolute worst 5-3 (but 3-1 NFCE) going into the second half which again turns out to be the harder half of our schedule for like the 3rd yr in a row

4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE

Comment

We see the steelers , Packers, Saints, falcons, Ravens and Philly in 2nd half... All very very tough games. We also have must win games vs Cinncinati, Skins.

So we split with steelers/saints and ravens/Philly.
                          Beat falcons, skins, Cinn.
                          lose to GB.

That would make us 10-6 to 11-5.. That's playoffs

4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE

Comment

[quote user="miked1958"]We see the steelers , Packers, Saints, falcons, Ravens and Philly in 2nd half... All very very tough games. We also have must win games vs Cinncinati, Skins.

So we split with steelers/saints and ravens/Philly.
                            Beat falcons, skins, Cinn.
                            lose to GB.

That would make us 10-6 to 11-5.. That's playoffs[/quote]

We've missed the playoffs at 10-6. Not saying it's likely to happen, but just saying it's possible.

Do not feed the trolls.

Comment

Well said Toadofsteel : ) One of these seasons the entire league will finish 8-8!

Comment

Working...
                              X