Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Coughlin Sucks

Is what I used to say....

After all these years and ****, I can't believe I gave this guy so much crap.

Watching Road to Super Bowl right now and just got to admire Tom Coughlin as a coach.

"I'm old school, don't tell me, show me"

- TC.

Cheers to a great New York Giants coach

Re: Tom Coughlin Sucks

Did you ever wonder if TC had never been on the hot seat, would the Giants have won any Championships?

He's a great coach. . .a great motivator. . .but even HE needs some motivation from time to time.

Glad we have him, and I'll gladly apply pressure when needed.

Go Giants!!

Comment

I think I know how to motivate him. If he helps the Giants have big wins, he gets a large sum of money a great big contract. Yet if he doesn't, then he only gets pennies on a dollar.

Comment

[quote user="RagTime Blue"]Did you ever wonder if TC had never been on the hot seat, would the Giants have won any Championships?

He's a great coach. . .a great motivator. . .but even HE needs some motivation from time to time.

Go Giants!!
        [/quote]

Last year was due to us getting players back from injury. The idea that Coughlin only works hard when his job is on the line is kinda laughable in my opinion.
        sigpic
        BLOOOOOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

[quote user="thomsoad"][quote user="RagTime Blue"]Did you ever wonder if TC had never been on the hot seat, would the Giants have won any Championships?

Go Giants!!
          [/quote] Last year was due to us getting players back from injury. The idea that Coughlin only works hard when his job is on the line is kinda laughable in my opinion.[/quote]

+1

Comment

My only beef with him was that he wasn't optimal. In hands another proven coach, a fresh outlook my be even more effective. I still stand by the thought. 2nd half collapses are still there. But, I'm not exactly complaining. 2 SB wins is 2 SB wins. Can't argue with that.

Edit: What I mean by optimal is that we may not have struggled late in the season or we could have ended up with better regular season records then we had. But, you can't get much more optimal then 2 SB victories. lol

Comment

I was on that same boat until we won SB 42. After that, you are solid in my book. After that, I just blamed the coordinators, lol.

Comment

[quote user="thomsoad"][quote user="RagTime Blue"]Did you ever wonder if TC had never been on the hot seat, would the Giants have won any Championships?

Go Giants!!
                [/quote]

Last year was due to us getting players back from injury. The idea that Coughlin only works hard when his job is on the line is kinda laughable in my opinion.[/quote]

Who invented this injury stuff? We hardly got anything back from injury.

But I don't think Coughlin being on the hotseat had anything to do with anything. Every coach is always on the hot seat in the NFL and its not like Tom Coughlin suits up and tackles anything so....

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

I like the fact that he was willing to change. Players were complaining about how rigid he was. He created a players committee to address that and he became more approachable and less strict. Not easy for a coach to do.

Comment

[quote user="RagTime Blue"]Did you ever wonder if TC had never been on the hot seat, would the Giants have won any Championships?

Go Giants!!
                    [/quote]
                    +1 !

Comment

[quote user="burier"][quote user="thomsoad"][quote user="RagTime Blue"]Did you ever wonder if TC had never been on the hot seat, would the Giants have won any Championships?

Go Giants!!
                      [/quote]

Last year was due to us getting players back from injury. The idea that Coughlin only works hard when his job is on the line is kinda laughable in my opinion.[/quote]

But I don't think Coughlin being on the hotseat had anything to do with anything. Every coach is always on the hot seat in the NFL and its not like Tom Coughlin suits up and tackles anything so....[/quote]

Taken directly off of Giants Injury Reports from weeks 8-12. All Probables were removed from the list. We can debate Questionables if you like but most are listed as doubtful/out.

Andrews, Stacy
                      Bradshaw, Ahmad
                      Hynoski, Henry
                      Manningham, Mario
                      Nicks, Hakeem
                      Pascoe, Bear
                      Pierre-Paul, Jason
                      Tuck, Justin
                      Umenyiora, Osi
                      Amukamara, Prince
                      Beatty, Will
                      Boley, Michael
                      Bradshaw, Ahmad
                      Ross, Aaron
                      McKenzie, Kareem
                      Ware, D.J.
                      Boley, Michael
                      Cruz, Victor
                      Herzlich, Mark
                      Rolle, Antrel
                      Baas, David
                      Beckum, Travis

I dont know about you but some of these guys I consider more then "anything"

Oh and just for kicks...our NFC Championship and SB reports of questionables/doubtful/out:

Ballard, Jake (in NFC Championship)
                      sigpic
                      BLOOOOOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

[quote user="burier"][quote user="thomsoad"][quote user="RagTime Blue"]Did you ever wonder if TC had never been on the hot seat, would the Giants have won any Championships?

Go Giants!!
                        [/quote] Last year was due to us getting players back from injury. The idea that Coughlin only works hard when his job is on the line is kinda laughable in my opinion.[/quote] Who invented this injury stuff? We hardly got anything back from injury. But I don't think Coughlin being on the hotseat had anything to do with anything. Every coach is always on the hot seat in the NFL and its not like Tom Coughlin suits up and tackles anything so....[/quote]

What is with you and slamming our defense? I'm a skeptic of PF and our defense, but dang you take it to another level.

Comment

I have never been a huge fan of his. He never related to the players well enough. A lot of turmoil early on seemed to be about him and the players....and that's not really a good thing.

But...it's nice to see he has realized this and has tried to change. It's nice to see players respect him and him respect players.

Comment

[quote user="thomsoad"][quote user="burier"][quote user="thomsoad"][quote user="RagTime Blue"]Did you ever wonder if TC had never been on the hot seat, would the Giants have won any Championships?

Go Giants!!
                            [/quote]

But I don't think Coughlin being on the hotseat had anything to do with anything. Every coach is always on the hot seat in the NFL and its not like Tom Coughlin suits up and tackles anything so....[/quote]

Taken directly off of Giants Injury Reports from weeks 8-12. All Probables were removed from the list. We can debate Questionables if you like but most are listed as doubtful/out.

Andrews, Stacy
                            Bradshaw, Ahmad
                            Hynoski, Henry
                            Manningham, Mario
                            Nicks, Hakeem
                            Pascoe, Bear
                            Pierre-Paul, Jason
                            Tuck, Justin
                            Umenyiora, Osi
                            Amukamara, Prince
                            Beatty, Will
                            Boley, Michael
                            Bradshaw, Ahmad
                            Ross, Aaron
                            McKenzie, Kareem
                            Ware, D.J.
                            Boley, Michael
                            Cruz, Victor
                            Herzlich, Mark
                            Rolle, Antrel
                            Baas, David
                            Beckum, Travis

I dont know about you but some of these guys I consider more then "anything"

Oh and just for kicks...our NFC Championship and SB reports of questionables/doubtful/out:

Ballard, Jake (in NFC Championship)[/quote]

The operative word here is BACK. Its not about who shows up on the injury report its about who actually plays. Its football on a given week a team could put 98 percent of the roster of the injury report. But who actually played? Who actually missed time and did we ever actually get them BACK?

How does losing Ballard in the playoffs count as "getting players back?"

Travis Beckum? What did we get back from him?

David Baas? The line played better WITHOUT him in the lineup.

Antrell Rolle? Didn't miss 1 game

Mark Herzlich? The backer corps improved when he went down.

Victor Cruz? Did not miss a game.

Michael Boley: Missed 2 games

DJ Ware????????

Kareem McKensie? Did not miss a game.

Aaron Ross? Did not miss a game.

Ahmad Bradshaw missed 4 games.

Did you put Michael Boley on the list twice to make the list look bigger?

Will Beatty missed 6 games.

Prince was hurt in camp and got toasted when he finnally did get on the field. How does that count as "getting players" back.

Osi? Missed 7 games. The Giants went 4-3 in games Osi missed.

Justin Tuck is a whole other story since he was admittedly dogging it. But did start playing better toward the end of the season so perhaps I'll give you this one.

JPP? did not miss a game.

Bear Pascoe? Did not miss a game.

Hakeem Nicks? Missed 1 game

Mario Manningham? Missed 4 games

Henry Hynoski? Missed 5 games

Ahmad Bradshaw is repeated on this list apparently to lengthen it visually.

Stacy Andrews? Missed 11 games.

You're list actually illustrates how "The D got better because we got healthy" is pure fiction.

Actually going through the list you posted made me realize we were actually more injury plagued ON OFFENSE. which was never the issue.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

[quote user="hadenough"]I have never been a huge fan of his. He never related to the players well enough. A lot of turmoil early on seemed to be about him and the players....and that's not really a good thing.

But...it's nice to see he has realized this and has tried to change. It's nice to see players respect him and him respect players.[/quote]

After a coach like Fassel you needed to bring in some discipline. You needed a coach that was going to hold the players accountable. If they were going to play OK, if not he was going to be up their ***. I think he made adjustments where necessary and has gotten results and respect from his players.

Comment

Working...
                              X