Any chance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any chance

We play in the playoffs next year? I just want a little revenge lol. After the drubbing you guys gave us it still is hard to get over. I think it will happen.

Re: Any chance

there's always a chance.. the only thing im sure of is that it would be quite a game!! would look forward to seeing it..

Comment

Well losing at home to the same team twice really stings alot.

Comment

first the Giants have to make the playoffs. they have THE Hardest Schedule in the NFL this season. And it is well known that a Defending Champ has a hard enough time making it back to playoffs with an average schedule.

Football has been very, very good to us.
        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
        4-New York Giants!!!
        5-NE
        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

[quote user="Lambeau12"]We play in the playoffs next year? I just want a little revenge lol. After the drubbing you guys gave us it still is hard to get over. I think it will happen.[/quote]Also the chances of repeating and winning back to back is RARE. I mean if any team looked like it was going to repeat it was the 2011 GB Packers. You guys know first hand how had it is to do it.
          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE

Comment

[quote user="Lambeau12"]We play in the playoffs next year? I just want a little revenge lol. After the drubbing you guys gave us it still is hard to get over. I think it will happen.[/quote]

One can only hope, It will be a Heck-of-a-game!

Of course listening to everyone you won't have a chance as the Eagles win the Division and the Cowboys take the Wildcard. Giants will finish a dismal 3rd; because they didn't do anything in the off season.

Comment

[quote user="miked1958"]

first the Giants have to make the playoffs. they have THE Hardest Schedule in the NFL this season. And it is well known that a Defending Champ has a hard enough time making it back to playoffs with an average schedule.

[/quote]

Agreed, then even if both make the play-offs, then you need to seed right to get a shot at each other, which is even harder.

Comment

[quote user="miked1958"][quote user="Lambeau12"]We play in the playoffs next year? I just want a little revenge lol. After the drubbing you guys gave us it still is hard to get over. I think it will happen.[/quote]Also the chances of repeating and winning back to back is RARE. I mean if any team looked like it was going to repeat it was the 2011 GB Packers. You guys know first hand how had it is to do it.[/quote]

1987 - strike season destroyed our chances
                1991 - Parcells left abruptly and team went 8-8
                2008 - 12-4 but the team lost all momentum after Plax shot himself at the 11-1 point

GB won SB I & II (and the last NFL Championship which makes it 3 in a row). So at least older Packer fans know the feeling. The Giants have never gone back-to-back.
                8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

If the Giants and Pack do meet in the playoffs, I hope it is in GB...

Comment

[quote user="nygfanmaybe"]If the Giants and Pack do meet in the playoffs, I hope it is in GB...[/quote]

I think they've only had 4 playoff losses in Lambeau history and we're responsible for 2 of them.

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

[quote user="Lambeau12"]We play in the playoffs next year? I just want a little revenge lol. After the drubbing you guys gave us it still is hard to get over. I think it will happen.[/quote]

Why wouldn't there be a chance? Both teams look solid going into the season.

I wouldn't mind facing the Pack again to be honest. Both great teams with a good history so far.

One of my favorite teams to play now

Comment

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="miked1958"][quote user="Lambeau12"]We play in the playoffs next year? I just want a little revenge lol. After the drubbing you guys gave us it still is hard to get over. I think it will happen.[/quote]Also the chances of repeating and winning back to back is RARE. I mean if any team looked like it was going to repeat it was the 2011 GB Packers. You guys know first hand how had it is to do it.[/quote] 1987 - strike season destroyed our chances 1991 - Parcells left abruptly and team went 8-8 2008 - 12-4 but the team lost all momentum after Plax shot himself at the 11-1 point GB won SB I & II (and the last NFL Championship which makes it 3 in a row). So at least older Packer fans know the feeling. The Giants have never gone back-to-back.[/quote]prob out best shot was in 08. we seemed to be steamrolling along blowing out potential contenders. remember the much hyped game with the ravens that year when Ray Lewis talked all that smack and right out of the gate BJ runs right over him for a 40 yard gain enroute to a 30-10 blowout. or the hit on GB WR and ball bounces free and is picked off. Cards game. Then we all know what happend after plax losing 4-5 and not even showing up in playoff game. I think our D line wearing down and getting no pass rush also had alot to do with it.

hopefully we can finally do it this season.

4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE

Comment

I know that there statistically isn't much chance of repeating, so I won't make any statements about that. However, I believe that we will definitely make the playoffs. TC has only truly failed to produce a playoff team twice during his 8-year tenure with the giants (the 2010 miss notwithstanding, since we had a 10-6 record that year). It might be a 10-6 or 11-5 record given our schedule, but I believe we make it in. Remember, the rest of our division also has to play the AFC North and NFC South (and two of those teams have to play the Saints in the Superdome too)...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

[quote user="miked1958"]

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="miked1958"][quote user="Lambeau12"]We play in the playoffs next year? I just want a little revenge lol. After the drubbing you guys gave us it still is hard to get over. I think it will happen.[/quote]Also the chances of repeating and winning back to back is RARE. I mean if any team looked like it was going to repeat it was the 2011 GB Packers. You guys know first hand how had it is to do it.[/quote] 1987 - strike season destroyed our chances 1991 - Parcells left abruptly and team went 8-8 2008 - 12-4 but the team lost all momentum after Plax shot himself at the 11-1 point GB won SB I & II (and the last NFL Championship which makes it 3 in a row). So at least older Packer fans know the feeling. The Giants have never gone back-to-back.[/quote]prob out best shot was in 08. we seemed to be steamrolling along blowing out potential contenders. remember the much hyped game with the ravens that year when Ray Lewis talked all that smack and right out of the gate BJ runs right over him for a 40 yard gain enroute to a 30-10 blowout. or the hit on GB WR and ball bounces free and is picked off. Cards game. Then we all know what happend after plax losing 4-5 and not even showing up in playoff game. I think our D line wearing down and getting no pass rush also had alot to do with it.

[/quote]

Oh yeah, I remember that! Ran for over 200 yards on the vaunted Ravens defense. When asked how it felt to be tackled by Ray Lewis, Brandon Jacobs said "I wouldn't know".

We also beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh in a slugfest (they would win the SB that year).

Comment

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="miked1958"]

[/quote] Oh yeah, I remember that! Ran for over 200 yards on the vaunted Ravens defense. When asked how it felt to be tackled by Ray Lewis, Brandon Jacobs said "I wouldn't know". We also beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh in a slugfest (they would win the SB that year).[/quote]

I think that the win in Pittsburgh was one of the best regular season wins we've had in the last 5-6 years. Great game . . . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X