X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schlereth:Giants around 9-7 or 8-8

out of playoffs. Discuss...

Re: Schlereth:Giants around 9-7 or 8-8

[quote user="jppmvp90"]out of playoffs. Discuss...
    [/quote]

Let me get this straight...........you think that the Giants will not be in the playoffs????

Comment

Granted, we have the toughest schedule again this year. But 8-8, 9-7?...

I love being the underdog. I think we go 11-5 this year.

Comment

Sing to the tune of Peter Paul Almond Joy ;

Sometimes He talks like a Nut

Sometimes He Don't

This time He's Smokin' Weed

Trey Wingo won't

Comment

[/quote]

Only a moron would be making football predictions in the beginning of July.
          Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

I try not to get to caught up in these predictions, but I think these predictions are a lack of respect for the Giants and their level of talent.

I get that they where only 9-7 last year and just made the playoffs, but Green Bay had a similar situation the year before and I don't recall so many experts in the media dismissing them so easily before last season. As far as schedules, the entire NFC East has a tough schedule. I'm not sure of all the schedules, but I do know the Giants play Green Bay. Other than that the schedules are kind of even. So schedules being fairly similar the only reason I can think why they have the Eagles and Dallas ahead of the Giants is because they seem to think they are so far ahead in the talent department. That and the fact it is so hard to repeat.

Comment

0-0

We're going to die on December 21st, because the Mayans said so

Comment

You play teams in the same position divisionally in your conference. So we play Green Bay, San Fran, and New Orleans and they only share New Orleans (NFC South is our division this year)

Comment

They also all play the AFC North.

So they all play the same 8 teams in two divisions, the AFC North and the NFC South. Then they play 6 divisional games. That's 14 games. What does make the Giants schedule so much harder is the Green Bay and 49ers games.

Comment

These predictions have no substance. Most disrespected SB champion since the patriots team that beat the rams. Anyways, take them with a grain of salt. Being the long time giants fans that we are, we know that Dallas and the Eagles will battle for the division title as per BSPN. It's a broken record that has been played every season since the beginning of time
                    sigpic

Comment

They don't call Him Stink for nothing.

Comment

Who gives a hoot?
                        Injuries, schedule and many other factors will determine where the GMen end up.
                        Not some guy that's paid to speculate.

Comment

[/quote]You realize this is the same guy that has Eli 5th behind his brother at 4. Brady at 3. Bree's at 2. And Rodgers at number 1 QB going into season. He had Benn in 6 spot
                          Football has been very, very good to us.
                          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                          4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE
                          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

[quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="jppmvp90"]out of playoffs. Discuss...
                            [/quote]

Only a moron would be making football predictions in the beginning of July.
                            [/quote]
                            absolutely agree, why the sports media continues to put their credibility on the line by making stupid predictions before teams even go to summer camp is crazy, predictions based on what, they haven't seen anything yet and still they think they know what nobody else does...

Comment

[quote user="buddy33"]

I get that they where only 9-7 last year and just made the playoffs, but Green Bay had a similar situation the year before and I don't recall so many experts in the media dismissing them so easily before last season.[/quote]

In fact, not only were most pundits predicting the Packers to make the playoffs in defense of their title, they were predicting them to repeat and begin a kind of dynastic string of success. It just shows how silly all of this prediction business is. It's July, though. They need something to talk about.

Comment

Working...
                              X