Stop it!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop it!

I keep hearing/reading that the Giants are a 9-7 team. WRONG WRONG WRONG! The Giants are a SUPER BOWL winning team. Please with the 9-7 crap. Thank you for reading my weekly rant.

Re: Stop it!

We were both!
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

9-7 gets washed away when a team enters the playoffs. Think about it....does it matter what your record says once you enter the playoffs?

Comment

18-0 sure didnt mean much

Comment

[quote user="GiantSinceBirth78"]18-0 sure didnt mean much[/quote]

Woooooooooooooooo!!! Point taken!!!!!

Comment

[quote user="GiantSinceBirth78"]18-0 sure didnt mean much[/quote]Damn you're good.

Comment

A lot of circumstances had to fit together in order for us to even make the playoffs. From there our record was irrelevant. However, would our record be irrelevant if JPP failed to block that FG, and we eventually lost? I think the sentiment would be different had we missed the playoffs.
              Yes, we are a 9-7 team. I like the idea that our players realize that. We certainly didn't win the SB by luck, nor the SF, GB, or ATL games before that. HOWEVER, We certainly got into the playoffs by luck. The Eagles went into self destruct mode early on, but had they pulled out just one more win, Eli would have been on the couch. Same with the 'Boys.
              Our division has only gotten better, and our schedule is tough. We need to come out this year hungry, and we need to be better than a 9-7 team.
              When you hear someone say we're a 9-7 team, they are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. We're a 9-7 team that went on to win the SB, but we're still a 9-7 team.

Comment

And if the giants had won one more game, they would have been a 10-6 team.

I dont understand the point.

I never heard a single person bash the Packers for winning the SB after they went 10-6 in the regular season.

The giants controlled their own playoff destiny, therefore, it was not luck. They did not ever need another team to lose for them to make it in.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"]And if the giants had won one more game, they would have been a 10-6 team.

I never heard a single person bash the Packers for winning the SB after they went 10-6 in the regular season.

The giants controlled their own playoff destiny, therefore, it was not luck. They did not ever need another team to lose for them to make it in.[/quote]

The point is simple. We made the playoffs by luck last year. We cannot rely upon luck this year. The OP's panties are in a bunch because people call us a 9-7 team, that's what we were. I'm not taking anything away from anyone, I'm just stating the facts-We were a 9-7 team that was lucky to make the playoffs. We cannot allow ourselves to have to rely on luck this year.

Comment

[quote user="redbeardxxv"][quote user="slipknottin"]And if the giants had won one more game, they would have been a 10-6 team.

The giants controlled their own playoff destiny, therefore, it was not luck. They did not ever need another team to lose for them to make it in.[/quote]

The point is simple. We made the playoffs by luck last year. We cannot rely upon luck this year. The OP's panties are in a bunch because people call us a 9-7 team, that's what we were. I'm not taking anything away from anyone, I'm just stating the facts-We were a 9-7 team that was lucky to make the playoffs. We cannot allow ourselves to have to rely on luck this year.[/quote] So, are injuries in the luck category as well?
                    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

[quote user="GiantSinceBirth78"]9-7 gets washed away when a team enters the playoffs. Think about it....does it matter what your record says once you enter the playoffs?[/quote]

start of post-season ALL records reset to 0-0...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="GiantSinceBirth78"]9-7 gets washed away when a team enters the playoffs. Think about it....does it matter what your record says once you enter the playoffs?[/quote]

start of post-season ALL records reset to 0-0...
                        [/quote]

Yeah, and we're not entering the post season. We're entering the REGULAR SEASON. Where we finished 9-7 last year.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"]And if the giants had won one more game, they would have been a 10-6 team.

The giants controlled their own playoff destiny, therefore, it was not luck. They did not ever need another team to lose for them to make it in.[/quote]Alot of guys below you say it's luck. Prob because Philly and Dallas had down yrs, but I agree with your points.. We win one more we are 10-6, either one of the skins games or Seattle. And like u said we controlled our own destiny and won all the games we needed to to get in. Once in records don't matter. Point made was our 9 wins gets us a ring in 2011 and the pats with double that amt of wins goes ringless in 2007.
                          Football has been very, very good to us.
                          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                          4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE
                          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

[quote user="GiantSinceBirth78"]I keep hearing/reading that the Giants are a 9-7 team. WRONG WRONG WRONG! The Giants are a SUPER BOWL winning team. Please with the 9-7 crap. Thank you for reading my weekly rant.[/quote]

The Giant's were a 9-7 team. The truth hurts; deal with it!!!!

Comment

[quote user="Captain Chaos"][quote user="GiantSinceBirth78"]I keep hearing/reading that the Giants are a 9-7 team. WRONG WRONG WRONG! The Giants are a SUPER BOWL winning team. Please with the 9-7 crap. Thank you for reading my weekly rant.[/quote]

The Giant's were a 9-7 team. The truth hurts; deal with it!!!![/quote] The Giants are a Super Bowl winning team.
                              Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Working...
                              X