Jernigan or Hosley

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jernigan or Hosley

Both Jerrell Jernigan and Jayron Hosley are 3rd rounders that could potentially have breakout season's not only on special teams in kickoff and punt returns respectively, but also in their respective positions on the Offense and Defense.

Which one do you think will have a better season on special team?

Which one will see the field more in their natural position?

AND

Who has the greater impact on the 2012 season as a whole?

Re: Jernigan or Hosley

[quote user="FearNYGiants"]Both Jerrell Jernigan and Jayron Hosley are 3rd rounders that could potentially have breakout season's not only on special teams in kickoff and punt returns respectively, but also in their respective positions on the Offense and Defense.

AND

Who has the greater impact on the 2012 season as a whole?[/quote]Kind of hope it's JJ. We need someone to step up as the 3rd WR
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

[quote user="FearNYGiants"]Both Jerrell Jernigan and Jayron Hosley are 3rd rounders that could potentially have breakout season's not only on special teams in kickoff and punt returns respectively, but also in their respective positions on the Offense and Defense.

AND

Who has the greater impact on the 2012 season as a whole?[/quote]Hosley is the next Brandon Flowers. Quote it and hold on to it.

Comment

i think Jernigan will have the better chance of breaking out this season. with a years experience in the nfl i think that will favor him slightly.

Hosley as a rookie has a lot to learn. based on that he will use this season learning the "ropes". i do believe he will make some plays for the G-Men!

sigpic

Comment

Jernigan, I think he knows what he needs to fix and what needs to be done and he'll have a better crack at it this year

Comment

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]Jernigan, I think he knows what he needs to fix and what needs to be done and he'll have a better crack at it this year[/quote]
            That not only was he kept on the roster after that horrendous preseason, but that he was seeing return duties again in the post season I think is telling in just how much confidence the coaches had in his abilities at that point.

As far as receiver goes IMO he has to prove to coaching why he is good enough for Cruz to move to the outside when Cruz is at his best in the slot. I just can't see a 5' 8 guy having much success on the outside. So he definitely has an uphill battle on his hands.

Comment

I would have to lean towards experience even if it's only 1 seasons worth. However, we don't know if TT will be at full speed this year. Maybe they have to throw the rookie in sooner and more than they like and maybe he shines when given the opportunity.

Also, JJ has some good players ahead of him. Nicks and Cruz are a very good set of WR's and even though I said I'd go with experience, it seems as though Randle is the real deal.

Comment

[quote user="buddy33"]I would have to lean towards experience even if it's only 1 seasons worth. However, we don't know if TT will be at full speed this year. Maybe they have to throw the rookie in sooner and more than they like and maybe he shines when given the opportunity.

Also, JJ has some good players ahead of him. Nicks and Cruz are a very good set of WR's and even though I said I'd go with experience, it seems as though Randle is the real deal.[/quote]
                Randle is probably the biggest reason he won't see a role, however if we see Cruz and Jernigan both in the slot on some 4 sets that could potentially be a nightmare for defenses. If our O-line doesn't turn out to be as solid as we "hope", that might be the smarter way to go. I'd say that would be Jernigan's best shot at seeing any real time on the field short of Cruz going down. *knock on wood*

Comment

[quote user="XxBigWhitxX"][quote user="FearNYGiants"]Both Jerrell Jernigan and Jayron Hosley are 3rd rounders that could potentially have breakout season's not only on special teams in kickoff and punt returns respectively, but also in their respective positions on the Offense and Defense.

AND

Who has the greater impact on the 2012 season as a whole?[/quote]Hosley is the next Brandon Flowers. Quote it and hold on to it.[/quote]

I was thinking more like the next Kevin Dockery. . .which ain't that bad.

I see Hosley as a safer pick, with Jernigan having the higher ceiling.

Comment

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]Jernigan, I think he knows what he needs to fix and what needs to be done and he'll have a better crack at it this year[/quote]

Love your optimism, but what about his performance last season makes you think this? His zero receptions, or his dropped and bungled kick/punt returns?

His best opportunities as a rookie last year to justify his 3rd round draft status was to shine on kick and/or punt returns. He failed miserably.

We were a team desperate for a home run returner. There was no one in front of him standing in his way. And he did nothing. I see another Sinorace Moss. Good enough in practice to seduce coaches and FO to keep him, but little-to-nothing on the field. Next man up.......

Comment

I think Jernigan is going to have a crack at special teams and special teams only. Hosley will be 4th or 5th cb. Neither makes an impact.

Comment

[quote user="gmen46"][quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]Jernigan, I think he knows what he needs to fix and what needs to be done and he'll have a better crack at it this year[/quote]

Love your optimism, but what about his performance last season makes you think this? His zero receptions, or his dropped and bungled kick/punt returns?

His best opportunities as a rookie last year to justify his 3rd round draft status was to shine on kick and/or punt returns. He failed miserably.

We were a team desperate for a home run returner. There was no one in front of him standing in his way. And he did nothing. I see another Sinorace Moss. Good enough in practice to seduce coaches and FO to keep him, but little-to-nothing on the field. Next man up.......[/quote]

Well if he's smart enough, and with Tom coughlin and co. at the helm, I believe his fundamentals need a little tweaking and he should be fine. He's definitely athletic as we've seen

Comment

Jerrnigan came from a smaller college and needed the yr under his belt to get used to the speed of the NFL, and i think it'll show this season.. Jerrnigan is explosive and versatile, can line up all over the place, and if Gilbride wants to get creative, jerrnigan could be the guy for that job as well.. Hes been used in Wildcat and has thrown a couple passes as well in college.. I'd be surprised if Jerrnigan dosen't take a big step forward this season..

Comment

[quote user="FearNYGiants"][quote user="buddy33"]I would have to lean towards experience even if it's only 1 seasons worth. However, we don't know if TT will be at full speed this year. Maybe they have to throw the rookie in sooner and more than they like and maybe he shines when given the opportunity. Also, JJ has some good players ahead of him. Nicks and Cruz are a very good set of WR's and even though I said I'd go with experience, it seems as though Randle is the real deal.[/quote] Randle is probably the biggest reason he won't see a role, however if we see Cruz and Jernigan both in the slot on some 4 sets that could potentially be a nightmare for defenses. If our O-line doesn't turn out to be as solid as we "hope", that might be the smarter way to go. I'd say that would be Jernigan's best shot at seeing any real time on the field short of Cruz going down. *knock on wood*[/quote]

Jernigan showed zip last year so don't expect to see fear in anyones eyes when he comes in as the 4th reciever.

Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Jerrnigan came from a smaller college and needed the yr under his belt to get used to the speed of the NFL, and i think it'll show this season.. Jerrnigan is explosive and versatile, can line up all over the place, and if Gilbride wants to get creative, jerrnigan could be the guy for that job as well.. Hes been used in Wildcat and has thrown a couple passes as well in college.. I'd be surprised if Jerrnigan dosen't take a big step forward this season..[/quote]

Very true. I don't see why people are so down on a rookie WR with a limited offseason.

Manningham didn't do much his first year either.

Comment

Working...
                              X