5 things for Eli to improve on to be a top QB in the nfl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 5 things for Eli to improve on to be a top QB in the nfl

[quote user="jakegibbs"][quote user="Harooni"]good article , some very good points

Click here LINK
    [/quote]

Total BS: He's already got a ticket punched to being the top ranked NYG QB in History and a HOF QB all but sown up so what else does he need to improve on?

There's an old saying Harooni... "Don't try and Fix something that Ain't Broke"... that apply's in this case.[/quote]
    i dont like bleacher report much they slam tiki also.

i'm not so sure hof is locked up i think warner may be right in saying eli will need a league mvp first.

Comment

[quote user="jax5338"][quote user="Neverend"][quote user="burier"]bleacher report....bwahahahahahahahahaha!

Edit: to save everyone time. Poorly written and offers next to nothing as far as insight.

favorite quote: "If Eli wants to be the best quarterback in the NFL he needs to throw a tighter spiral." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH![/quote]

Its as if this was written post-2008, when Eli got into a little late season slump that year. This piece is mostly BS[/quote]

this article honestly has the insight of a middle schooler.

in order to get better eli should throw less picks and try to be more accurate? duhhh. it doesnt offer many solutions as to how.

throw a tighter spiral? peyton throws just as many if not more ducks than eli and he seems to be fine in many people eyes.

sounds like pam oliver wrote this after one of her terribly insightful halftime interviews.

"well joe in order for the giants to win, tom coughlin says they need to play good offense and defense and score more points than the other team"[/quote]

When I clicked the link and saw Bleacher Report I felt like I had been rickrolled.
      My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

[quote user="Harooni"][quote user="jakegibbs"][quote user="Harooni"]good article , some very good points

Click here LINK
        [/quote]

Total BS: He's already got a ticket punched to being the top ranked NYG QB in History and a HOF QB all but sown up so what else does he need to improve on?

There's an old saying Harooni... "Don't try and Fix something that Ain't Broke"... that apply's in this case.[/quote]

i'm not so sure hof is locked up i think warner may be right in saying eli will need a league mvp first.
        [/quote]

A friend of mine, BAMA graduate, writes articles in the bleacher report. Heck Harooni you could even write an article about Tiki in it if you wanted too. He was one of the best there for a while.

Comment

[quote user="jakegibbs"]Heck Harooni you could even write an article about Tiki in it if you wanted too.[/quote]

Im sure that article would be fabulous.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="jakegibbs"]Heck Harooni you could even write an article about Tiki in it if you wanted too.[/quote]

Im sure that article would be fabulous.[/quote]

we did not know his name , coach said 21 get in there, it was 3rd and 9 , he ran a sweep and picked up the first, that kid was Tiki Barber.

thats how id start it

Comment

[quote user="Harooni"][quote user="jakegibbs"][quote user="Harooni"]good article , some very good points

Click here LINK
              [/quote]

[/quote]

i dunno. every multiple sb mvp winner is in the HOF, granted its only 4 of em and eli makes 5 iirc, dont think that changes with eli.

he has more than enough even if he were to retire today;

1 of 6 qbs all time to throw for 3k and 20 td or more 7 straight seasons (iirc could be 5 qbs all time)
              record 4th quarter td passes in a season
              most passer yards postseason history
              6th most passing yards for reg season in nfl history
              most road/neutral site postseason victories all time
              like 2nd all time post season come from behind gw drives (he was tied for 3rd or 4th with 4 before the SB 46 come back)

I mean, i know around here the love is tempered bc it does go overboard quite often, but eli has had a storied career when u factor in 2 sb mvps, brother of peyton, the whole trade to NY thing...HOF voters are sports writers, and they love stories like Eli's...hes a lock to get HoF, right now he prob could get first ballot with a league mvp or a couple seasons that threaten the td and yards in a season record

edit- were eli to completely suck the rest of his career (which wont happen), then i wouldnt think he'd make the HoF...but that aint gonna happen. he's only gonna get better

Comment

[quote user="giantsfan420"]

i dunno. every multiple sb mvp winner is in the HOF, granted its only 4 of em and eli makes 5 iirc, dont think that changes with eli.

1 of 6 qbs all time to throw for 3k and 20 td or more 7 straight seasons (iirc could be 5 qbs all time)
                like 2nd all time post season come from behind gw drives (he was tied for 3rd or 4th with 4 before the SB 46 come back)

I mean, i know around here the love is tempered bc it does go overboard quite often, but eli has had a storied career when u factor in 2 sb mvps, brother of peyton, the whole trade to NY thing...HOF voters are sports writers, and they love stories like Eli's...hes a lock to get HoF, right now he prob could get first ballot with a league mvp or a couple seasons that threaten the td and yards in a season record

edit- were eli to completely suck the rest of his career (which wont happen), then i wouldnt think he'd make the HoF...but that aint gonna happen. he's only gonna get better[/quote]
                its pretty hard to get into the hall fans don't realize and with the pass friendly rule changes over the years you see more and more qb's hitting 4000-5000 yards and 30+ td's. remember 2sb parcells not in first ballot. its hard trust me.

Comment

Eli could win another Super Bowl and I think he would still not get his due. Yeah, I mentioned how he was a TO machine last year, but he got better. I also always said he was a smart player. He looks like he is getting better every year.

Right now I would say he is ranked 3rd best QB in his division and if RG3 has a good year Eli will be ranked 4th in the division. This according to the media.

Do I care? No. As long as he keeps doing his thing I think it burns the "experts" even more. It's like in the NFC Championship game. How much more do you think it got to the 49ers defense that they kept hitting Eli and he kept marching the ball down the field.

Comment

[quote user="Harooni"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="jakegibbs"]Heck Harooni you could even write an article about Tiki in it if you wanted too.[/quote]

Im sure that article would be fabulous.[/quote]

we did not know his name , coach said 21 get in there, it was 3rd and 9 , he ran a sweep and picked up the first, that kid was Tiki Barber.

thats how id start it
                    [/quote]Gee that sounds great.

Make sure you get this person to co-write it.

Comment

[quote user="jjj45"]Gee that sounds great.

[/quote]
                      lol

I looked over in a crowded dining room during breakfast, where Tiki and I exchanged extended eye contact...

Comment

[quote user="Harooni"][quote user="giantsfan420"]

edit- were eli to completely suck the rest of his career (which wont happen), then i wouldnt think he'd make the HoF...but that aint gonna happen. he's only gonna get better[/quote]
                        its pretty hard to get into the hall fans don't realize and with the pass friendly rule changes over the years you see more and more qb's hitting 4000-5000 yards and 30+ td's.* remember 2sb parcells not in first ballot. its hard trust me.
                        [/quote]

parcells didnt get first ballot bc of the grudges the voters (who r sports writers dont forget) for the way BP treated them.

Eli has been and will continue to be sportswriter gold...first, for all the trashing they did. then for the cinderella SB, and now bc of the success and skill he has. after his career is over, people will remember how hes peytons brother and the trade just as much as they will any stat. thats why the 2 sb mvps seal it for him imho...it just has all the makings of the legends sportswriters love, plus eli has always been respectful and although he's never the center of any drama, he still gives them plenty to write about bc of who he is, and what hes accomplished...

Comment

[quote user="Harooni"]the 6th thing would be no khaki pants while wearing a jersey.[/quote]

Oh, come on, blue and khaki go well together...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

[quote user="Harooni"][quote user="jjj45"]Gee that sounds great.

[/quote]
                            lol

I looked over in a crowded dining room during breakfast, where Tiki and I exchanged extended eye contact...
                            [/quote]

I would pay money to read this article. No joke.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Harooni"][quote user="jjj45"]Gee that sounds great.

[/quote]
                              lol

[/quote]

I would pay money to read this article. No joke.[/quote]

....My life was beginning to make sense again, although I couldn’t say he was enjoying his new career. But my mind was clear, and my heart was not
                              constantly as heavy. Only when I thought about him staying. But I knew that
                              in time, I’d survive it. He would retire.
                              Eventually the heart repairs.....

Comment

Old news,

Eli of the now has a good completion percentage, has cut down his ints, has improved his accuracy dramaticaly, and will continue to take a shot and stick it in there for a big play that may lead to and int., that seperates the winners from losers, not to mention he has total control of the game mentally.

There is always room for improvement and he is one of the most focused qb's in the league for attention to detail, and by the way, he beat Brady Twice, Brett Farve and Aaron Rodgers, will have to wait for his next shot at Brees if Drew doesn't take the year off.

Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

Working...
                                X