• 5 things for Eli to improve on to be a top QB in the nfl

good article , some very good points

Click here LINK

• TrueBlue@NYC
    replied
    Re: 5 things for Eli to improve on to be a top QB in the nfl

[quote user="GameTime"]

Eli is already a top QB in the league.

I like how the article in each catagory starts out with..

"this was a problem he had earlier in his career"..

Can Eli improve ??? No doubt. You know who thinks that more than any of us??

Its Eli himself......

[/quote]

Yeah, while I agree with the article on Eli not being THE best in the league, alot it the points it makes are either invalid or pretty much apply to every QB in the league.

"Throw Less INTs" - Well, yeah you could say that about any QB.

And alot of the points the wrtier makes seem more about previous seasons than how Eli played last season.

Leave a comment:

• GCGiant
    replied

[quote user="BeatYale"] It's hard for someone to seriously place Eli over other QB's when they have been more efficient than he has on a consistent basis.

[/quote]

More efficient at what? If capturing the overall big prize factors into the equation, then Eli has been more efficient than most at getting his team into the playoffs and beyond.

Leave a comment:

• rebelfan1966
    replied

Total waste of print.... The article is no longer relavent.

Leave a comment:

• BeatYale
    replied

[quote user="Neverend"]The only thing I agree with is the INTs. He did throw an interception in 8 straight games last year. But you have to take the good with the bad. The Giants were arguably the NFL's most explosive passing offense last year. Brees threw like 11 interceptions in a 6 game stretch last year. Hell the year before Brees threw at least 1 interception in 12 straight games. It happens when you're leading a very explosive and aggressive downfield passing game, which the saints and giants do

All those other perceived "flaws" I think Eli's already improved upon or is just untrue[/quote]

I wouldn't compare him to Brees in that regard, simply because Brees had 32 more touchdowns than interceptions. Eli only had 13 more touchdowns than interceptions. Even in the previous mentioned year he ended up with more touchdowns (only 2 more I know) and fewer ints than Eli.

I personally don't care. However, the TD-Int ratio stat line is pretty much the deciding factor in how rival fans and analysts rank QB's. It's hard for someone to seriously place Eli over other QB's when they have been more efficient than he has on a consistent basis.

Is anyone questioning whether Aaron Rodgers is elite? I doubt it. What if he put up 29 TD's and 16 Ints last season? No one would rank him as the top QB with those stats, even if he had 15 TD's in the 4th Q. On paper they will notice he wasnt' as efficient as a few other QB's in the league.

Leave a comment:

• Dorkasaurus
    replied

[quote user="Harooni"][quote user="giantsfan420"] i dunno. every multiple sb mvp winner is in the HOF, granted its only 4 of em and eli makes 5 iirc, dont think that changes with eli. he has more than enough even if he were to retire today; 1 of 6 qbs all time to throw for 3k and 20 td or more 7 straight seasons (iirc could be 5 qbs all time) record 4th quarter td passes in a season most passer yards postseason history 6th most passing yards for reg season in nfl history most road/neutral site postseason victories all time like 2nd all time post season come from behind gw drives (he was tied for 3rd or 4th with 4 before the SB 46 come back) I mean, i know around here the love is tempered bc it does go overboard quite often, but eli has had a storied career when u factor in 2 sb mvps, brother of peyton, the whole trade to NY thing...HOF voters are sports writers, and they love stories like Eli's...hes a lock to get HoF, right now he prob could get first ballot with a league mvp or a couple seasons that threaten the td and yards in a season record edit- were eli to completely suck the rest of his career (which wont happen), then i wouldnt think he'd make the HoF...but that aint gonna happen. he's only gonna get better[/quote]
    its pretty hard to get into the hall fans don't realize and with the pass friendly rule changes over the years you see more and more qb's hitting 4000-5000 yards and 30+ td's. remember 2sb parcells not in first ballot. its hard trust me.
    [/quote]

Parcells WOULD HAVE been a first ballot hall of fame if it was not for the fact of how he treated some, threw his years he had upset some bridges, some of them who are voters. It was their way of sending a message.

fficeffice" />>>

Parcells will be in the hall of fame.

>>

To compare Eli's personality to that of Parcells is foolish.

Leave a comment:

• jomo
    replied

He left out that Eli should run up the score on weak teams late in the 4th quater like Brees to pad his stats.

Leave a comment:

• Drez
    replied

[quote user="FBomb"]

[quote user="Harooni"]good article , some very good points

Click here LINK
    [/quote]

"good article"? Really?

[/quote]

Seriously. That was one of the dumbestand most poorly written pieces of crap I've read in quite some time.

Hey, Jeff Shull,2006 wants their analysis back.

Leave a comment:

• GameTime
    replied

Eli is already a top QB in the league.

I like how the article in each catagory starts out with..

"this was a problem he had earlier in his career"..

Can Eli improve ??? No doubt. You know who thinks that more than any of us??

Its Eli himself......

Leave a comment:

• buffyblue
    replied

[quote user="Harooni"][quote user="jakegibbs"][quote user="Harooni"]good article , some very good points

Click here LINK
    [/quote]

Total BS: He's already got a ticket punched to being the top ranked NYG QB in History and a HOF QB all but sown up so what else does he need to improve on?

There's an old saying Harooni... "Don't try and Fix something that Ain't Broke"... that apply's in this case.[/quote]
    i dont like bleacher report much they slam tiki also.

i'm not so sure hof is locked up i think warner may be right in saying eli will need a league mvp first.
    [/quote]

Eli Manning is a first ballot hall of famer at this point. I don't see why he wouldn't be.

Jim Kelly was a first ballot Hall of Famer with very comparBle stats. Well, with one obvious exception.

Leave a comment:

• Diamondring
    replied

[quote user="FBomb"]

Click here LINK
    [/quote]

"good article"?* Really?

[/quote]I won't even bother to read that.

Leave a comment:

• DragonSoul
    replied

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZzzzz zzZZzzz

Leave a comment:

• BlueSanta
    replied

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="jakegibbs"]Heck Harooni you could even write an article about Tiki in it if you wanted too.[/quote]

Im sure that article would be fabulous.[/quote]
    I dunno bout the article, but the pictures sure would....

Leave a comment:

• Harooni
    replied

[quote user="jjj45"][quote user="Harooni"]

....My life was beginning to make sense again, although I couldn’t say he was enjoying his new career. But my mind was clear, and my heart was not
    constantly as heavy. Only when I thought about him staying. But I knew that
    in time, I’d survive it. He would retire.
    Eventually the heart repairs.....
    [/quote]Harooni, you are Gold.
    [/quote]

cheers [Y] I often thought about writing a book about being a giant fan and ups and downs , love and hate and some sizzling gypsy's thrown in.

Leave a comment:

• FBomb
    replied

Click here LINK
    [/quote]

"good article"? Really?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X