No announcement yet.

Welcome to New Message Boards!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about better emotions! These stink!
    Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

• Can we can this sticky already? Pretty much run it's course, no?

.......If ANYONE ties a joke like this to me you will be banned on the spot!
      "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

• Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
        Can we can this sticky already? Pretty much run it's course, no?

.......If ANYONE ties a joke like this to me you will be banned on the spot!
        There's new members everyday, they might as well keep this up here.
        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
          There's new members everyday, they might as well keep this up here.
          Right but most of this has to do with old members and carry over data. There's way too many stickies in this layout we have.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
            Right but most of this has to do with old members and carry over data. There's way too many stickies in this layout we have.
            You just want a Cruz sticky lol.

But yeah idk..they come on here to ask questions about the board and what not.
            Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
              You just want a Cruz sticky lol.

But yeah idk..they come on here to ask questions about the board and what not.
              Lol!

I will not stop till we attain one! haha

Comment

• test

Comment

• A good board section that could actually attract some decent attention would be one in which each player, particularly new players coming to the Giants, would be the original heading. No new threads could be started, except by the moderator naming an incoming player, and each thread would be there to highlight information about the player and to discuss past play, where the player is from, how he got to the Giants, etc.

This would be like a collective thinktank of each player and where off topic comments could be sacked.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreenZone View Post
                    A good board section that could actually attract some decent attention would be one in which each player, particularly new players coming to the Giants, would be the original heading. No new threads could be started, except by the moderator naming an incoming player, and each thread would be there to highlight information about the player and to discuss past play, where the player is from, how he got to the Giants, etc.

This would be like a collective thinktank of each player and where off topic comments could be sacked.
                    Here's the problem. Everyone, and I mean everyone, thinks their idea or news flash is more sensational, noteworthy, unique, or whatever than anyone else's. They don 't want their thought(s) buried on page 4 out of concern that no one will read it/them. We tried doing something like that with Players in Free Agency and the result was not pretty.
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                      Here's the problem. Everyone, and I mean everyone, thinks their idea or news flash is more sensational, noteworthy, unique, or whatever than anyone else's. They don 't want their thought(s) buried on page 4 out of concern that no one will read it/them. We tried doing something like that with Players in Free Agency and the result was not pretty.
                      How about locking duplicate threads the instant they pop up. That way posters still get their soapbox without fragmenting discussion?

Comment

• Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                        How about locking duplicate threads the instant they pop up. That way posters still get their soapbox without fragmenting discussion?
                        That presumes we know it's one of many. When news stories are breaking, the actual number of threads telling us it's breaking can be daunting. If the first few hit page 2 we may not see them. We do try to merge threads as soon as we see them when the post count is relatively low on at least one of them. What happens then is an OP will just redo his original thread so now we have a duplicate of a duplicate,
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                          Glad you could get that off your chest. I'm here to listen.

You couldn't pay me enought to spend the time you spend here.

The next idea is to unpin this thread and make more room for the front page. The message board is now officially "old."

Comment

• Originally posted by GreenZone View Post
                            Glad you could get that off your chest. I'm here to listen.

You couldn't pay me enought to spend the time you spend here.

The next idea is to unpin this thread and make more room for the front page. The message board is now officially "old."
                            The Board may be old, but we get new members every day.

Comment

• Hello all. New here. Been watching the game for several years now, mostly for fantasy football. Figured I'd finally give in and "pick a side". Being a Yankees, Rangers, Knicks/Nets fan....seems the choice was obvious.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Welcome to the NYGMB. Stay cozy.

Comment

Working...
                                X