why dont we sign Deon Grant??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why dont we sign Deon Grant??

According to the power rankings article on pft, Deon is still a free agent... He was an integral part of our defense the last few years... Am I missing something here? Why isn't he back?

Btw, I love the new boards... The first overhaul was in 04 and these were ling overdue... Too hard we can't see the threads from our 07 run..

He actually expects to get signed during training camp. Just a head's up

Comment

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2012/07/grant-not-done-with-giants-yet

He's expecting to be signed, feels great, etc....

Comment

Maybe they want to see what they got in the young guys. Really all it takes is one injury anyway

Comment

Thats if Belichek doesnt get him first.LOL.
          "it don't cost you nothing to be nice"

Comment

Originally posted by Neverend View Post
            Maybe they want to see what they got in the young guys. Really all it takes is one injury anyway
            My thoughts exactly. I'm sure if none of the others, like Sash, show much in the first week or so of camp, then we'll sign him up... Or if, god forbid, there's injuries.

Comment

like his veteran leadership ...he told his hometown paper he plans on rejoining giants read .....

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
                My thoughts exactly. I'm sure if none of the others, like Sash, show much in the first week or so of camp, then we'll sign him up... Or if, god forbid, there's injuries.
                he will be great for depth...not to mention his leadership skills for the young guns.

Comment

I like Grant. I like his leadership and it would suck if Belicheck snatches him up out of spite.

That said his age may be playing against him and PF mentioned on one of the Giants videos how happy he was to have a LB corps with options and speculated that we may see less of the 3 Safety look and perhaps more conventional 3 LB looks not to forget about Kiwanuka's LB/DE hybrid skills...

But yes, I'd welcome back Mr. Grant in a heartbeat.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

Originally posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
                    it would suck if Belicheck snatches him up out of spite
                    I doubt Grant would go...he did turn down the "Dream Team" last year.
                    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

It's probably a 2 way street right now with us not having a real spot and he still trying to pull down a better, more lucrative gig. As time progresses, the stars may very well align themselves and he'd be an excellent backup safety.
                      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Didn't we have this conversation a while back?

Thought everyone decided that he was a little long in the tooth and since we are deep at LB that they really didn't need him this year.

Comment

I would love to have him back. He is a great leader and a very reliable veteran player.

Comment

I like Grant but feel our veteran representation at safety is strong, but if our front office wanted him back I would be fine with that.

Comment

I think it is time to move on. Honestly, I was under the impression that he was going to retire.
                              My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Working...
                              X