Why the new boards?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the new boards?

No disrespect intended but why did you change the boards only to keep the same format?

Vastly increased functionality and usability, perhaps? They're also far more aesthetically pleasing.

Comment

Originally posted by moo View Post
      Vastly increased functionality and usability, perhaps? They're also far more aesthetically pleasing.
      Vastly? (and now the gibberish to create the necessary character count to post)

Comment

What do you mean by "same format"? This board is, technically speaking, way more advanced than the previous one -- that is why it was changed. What were they supposed to add/edit?
        My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
          Vastly? (and now the gibberish to create the necessary character count to post)
          Auto hyperlinking, video embedding, attachments, a smoother reply function, a search function which actually works, easier formatting options, a useable private messaging system, an ignore feature, thread ratings...

It looks a whole lot cleaner, is faster and is a lot easier to use.
          Last edited by moo; 07-23-2012, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
            What do you mean by "same format"? This board is, technically speaking, way more advanced than the previous one -- that is why it was changed. What were they supposed to add/edit?
            The categories are basically all the same. NFL talk should not be in a general sports section for instance.

Comment

I like the new boards
              Football has been very, very good to us.
              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
              4-New York Giants!!!
              5-NE
              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

NFL talk should not be in a general sports section for instance.
                Actually, it should:
                General Sports
                Have something to discuss about another NFL team? Maybe some MLB, NBA, or NHL news to share, or simply some random sports related information to discuss? Bring it in here!
                Same as with the last boards.

Just noticed that the reply function no longer quotes the entire conversation string. I thank the baby Jesus for that. It was always a pain having to scroll past insanely large posts.
                Last edited by moo; 07-23-2012, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Because they're night and day better then the old ones?

Comment

No disrespect intended but why did you change the boards only to keep the same format?

Because the old board sucked harder than shEli Rainmanning at the Local Queer bar.
                    Mean people suck... Nice People swallow.

Comment

The categories are basically all the same. NFL talk should not be in a general sports section for instance.
                      You'll come around. I was skeptical when I first saw them too but they ​are way more advanced and the software is much better. Just mess around with it and you'll see.
                      "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

This forum is up to date, the last one from from 1997, lol.

Comment

Aliens??????

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                            Aliens??????
                            My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                              rofl haaaaaaaaaaaa

Comment

Working...
                              X