How are the Boards set up?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are the Boards set up?

I don't know if anybody posted about this, but why do the threads not get automatically bumped when someone replies? Under the last posted column, the times are not in chronological order.
    They said Brady and the Patriots couldn't be beat, Eli did it twice, how's that for Elite?

I know...it's so ****ing annoying. Also, no "My Posts", I miss that.
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGFaninILL View Post
      I don't know if anybody posted about this, but why do the threads not get automatically bumped when someone replies? Under the last posted column, the times are not in chronological order.
      if you look at the top of the page, next to "forum" there is "whats new?". click on what's new

Comment

Just figured it out. They're in alphabetical order. You have to click on the "last post by" button to display chronologically
        They said Brady and the Patriots couldn't be beat, Eli did it twice, how's that for Elite?

Comment

Originally posted by NYGFaninILL View Post
          Just figured it out. They're in alphabetical order. You have to click on the "last post by" button to display chronologically
          Every time, though. It's a bit of a nuisance, I'll probably eventually get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
            Every time, though. It's a bit of a nuisance, I'll probably eventually get used to it.
            There should be a global setting that they can change to automatically filter posts by last posted, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
              There should be a global setting that they can change to automatically filter posts by last posted, though.
              Is there, or are you reccomending we have one? Because I totally agree that we need one.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                Is there, or are you reccomending we have one? Because I totally agree that we need one.
                There should be an option for the admin(s) to change how the threads are viewed globally so the default thread view for all users is last posted.

What message board on the face of the planet has the default thread sorting as alphabetical? It's like Nilay (or possibly on of the mods, not too sure what kind of behind the scenes permissions they have) wanted to change their personal setting to alphabetical, but instead changed it for everyone.

Comment

For the time being, look on the thread list, and underneath it there's a sort option. Have it sort by "last post time" in descending order...

To be honest, that should be the default...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Yep.....someone needs to fix this
                    I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

so irritating

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
                        There should be an option for the admin(s) to change how the threads are viewed globally so the default thread view for all users is last posted.

What message board on the face of the planet has the default thread sorting as alphabetical? It's like Nilay (or possibly on of the mods, not too sure what kind of behind the scenes permissions they have) wanted to change their personal setting to alphabetical, but instead changed it for everyone.
                        Yeah, it's certainly odd. I think the new boards are nice, some features are nice, but I feel like too many itty gritty details were stretched at the expense of the big picture -- like thread sorting.

Comment

Please somebody fix this. PLEASE????!!!!!!

And what does it mean to be a Junior Member? I'm almost 50 years old!

Comment

Originally posted by njersey View Post
                            Please somebody fix this. PLEASE????!!!!!!

And what does it mean to be a Junior Member? I'm almost 50 years old!

You can't be serious?
                            OLD USERNAME : MIKEISAGIANT
                            SINCE OCTOBER 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuhgeddaboutit View Post
                              You can't be serious?

I was trying to make a joke.

Comment

Working...
                              X