Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Wilson or Ahmad Bradshaw?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • David Wilson or Ahmad Bradshaw?

    How is Bradshaw doing? Does it look like he will be starting week 1 or will it be the stud rookie that should be starting week 1?

  • #2
    I want the rookie to start. let bradshaw get his 5-6 touches per game and thats it.

    Comment


    • #3
      Bradshaw will no doubt be the starter week 1 barring injury...and even if he got hurt, Ware would likely start. I think the Giants backfield though will be more of a RB by committee anyway.

      Bradshaw had a stem cell procedure and said in an interview yesterday that he feels great and better than he has in his career...Light on his feet and pain free. I'm expecting 2010 Bradshaw if not better this year. Bradshaw and Wilson should be a fun duo to watch.
      "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

      Comment


      • #4
        Is this serious?
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

        Comment


        • #5
          Wilson wont see the field until the coaches are comfortable with his pass protection. Bradshaw is already 1 of, if the the best, at this in the league.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
            Wilson wont see the field until the coaches are comfortable with his pass protection. Bradshaw is already 1 of, if the the best, at this in the league.
            And didn't Scott drop a pass today...
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
              Wilson wont see the field until the coaches are comfortable with his pass protection. Bradshaw is already 1 of, if the the best, at this in the league.
              I'm fine with Bradshaw just wanted the quickness back there with Wilson. Plus I never heard of drafting a skilled RB like Wilson in the first round and being worried about him playing...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by NickD_25 View Post
                I'm fine with Bradshaw just wanted the quickness back there with Wilson. Plus I never heard of drafting a skilled RB like Wilson in the first round and being worried about him playing...
                His, or any RB's ability to run is secondary to everything else he needs to be able to do such as, pick up blitzes, catch passes, read defenses, keep Eli upright.
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                  His, or any RB's ability to run is secondary to everything else he needs to be able to do such as, pick up blitzes, catch passes, read defenses, keep Eli upright.
                  Well I'm sure he will be better then Bradshaw and bone headed Jacobs catching wise. I dont see drafting a RB in the first round and playing Ware in front of him. I been waiting on the Giants to land a RB like this for years! Plus I dont see drafting a RB in the first round if you cant get him ready to game action by week 1.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by NickD_25 View Post
                    Well I'm sure he will be better then Bradshaw and bone headed Jacobs catching wise. I dont see drafting a RB in the first round and playing Ware in front of him. I been waiting on the Giants to land a RB like this for years! Plus I dont see drafting a RB in the first round if you cant get him ready to game action by week 1.
                    Week 1 though is too soon. Nicks didn't start week 1...or Phillips week 1. Those guys were first rounders also.

                    Wilson will be brought along but I don't see Coughlin rushing him to be the guy while he's still learning the system.
                    "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by titwio View Post
                      Week 1 though is too soon. Nicks didn't start week 1...or Phillips week 1. Those guys were first rounders also.

                      Wilson will be brought along but I don't see Coughlin rushing him to be the guy while he's still learning the system.
                      Key word "Giants" first rounders.

                      How is week 1 to early for a talent like Wilson? Did Chris Johnson get held back? You dont draft high talented player in the first round to not be out there week 1

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by NickD_25 View Post
                        Key word "Giants" first rounders.

                        How is week 1 to early for a talent like Wilson? Did Chris Johnson get held back? You dont draft high talented player in the first round to not be out there week 1
                        The Giants "have" a successful RB in Bradshaw when he's healthy. They are not hurting to rush a RB to be the starter. If they were then maybe it would be a different story.

                        I'm a big a Wilson fan as there is here but the guy has to learn a complicated offense not to mention he has to overcome some issues holding onto the football as well...along as learning to protect his QB.
                        Last edited by titwio; 07-27-2012, 06:17 PM.
                        "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by titwio View Post
                          The Giants "have" a successful RB in Bradshaw when he's healthy. They are not hurting to rush a RB to be the starter. If they were then maybe it would be a different story.
                          Like I said key word "Giants" first rounders no need to grab for other things such as "rushing" to be a starter.

                          Why did we draft a RB in the first round with Bradshaw & Ware then? I thought it was because AB's feet? Who knows waste of a draft pick if Ware plays ahead of Wilson this year.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by NickD_25 View Post
                            Like I said key word "Giants" first rounders no need to grab for other things such as "rushing" to be a starter.
                            Uh...what are you talking about then...Are you not arguing he should be the RB week 1?

                            Originally posted by NickD_25 View Post
                            Why did we draft a RB in the first round with Bradshaw & Ware then? I thought it was because AB's feet?
                            The Giants usually draft the best player on their board but the fact that the Giants used two primary backs... losing Jacobs probably had something to do with it. That and Bradshaw's health also could be a reason....But Bradshaw as of right now IS healthy.

                            Ware will likely be ahead of Wilson on the depth chart "early on" because he's a vet and knows the system...doesn't mean he'll remain there because everyone knows that Wilson is the guy for the future.
                            "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by NickD_25 View Post
                              Well I'm sure he will be better then Bradshaw and bone headed Jacobs catching wise. I dont see drafting a RB in the first round and playing Ware in front of him. I been waiting on the Giants to land a RB like this for years! Plus I dont see drafting a RB in the first round if you cant get him ready to game action by week 1.
                              Living in the heart of Hokie Land, I am a big fan of Wilson. But until he proves he can do the job, Bradshaw is the featured back. We had high hopes for Scott last season until he dropped the ball. The GIANTS develop players they draft which means they want to be sure they can do everything asked of them. While it is always nice to have production out of a first round pick, it just doesn't always happen. This if the NFL and things are very different than they were in college.
                              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X