I think Hixon is going to break out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Hixon is going to break out

If Hixon stays healthy I think he is going to play great. Before his injury he looked like pretty good. With Cruz and Nicks I think Hixon will be able to get open a lot. Yes, I believe Hixon will beat out Randel.

I've always liked the guy, would be nice to see him come back in a big way.

Comment

I always liked him too. I dont know if he can hold off Randle all season.

If he gets hurt during the season its over with. At that point Randle will probably be ready to step in and Hixon probably wont recover.

Comment

i definitely think the 3rd spot is hixons to lose, and i don't think he's gonna lose it unless he gets hurt like someone mentioned. he is a solid wide receiver who probably would outperform manningham last season if he stayed healthy

Comment

He is a solid, versatile veteran
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by ELIte4MVP View Post
            i definitely think the 3rd spot is hixons to lose, and i don't think he's gonna lose it unless he gets hurt like someone mentioned. he is a solid wide receiver who probably would outperform manningham last season if he stayed healthy
            Don't know about that...Manningham was clearly ahead of him on the depth chart. That said I do think if he can stay healthy he will be a solid contributor and reliable target for Eli.

ALL-IN!

Comment

Originally posted by GiantVibes View Post
              Don't know about that...Manningham was clearly ahead of him on the depth chart. That said I do think if he can stay healthy he will be a solid contributor and reliable target for Eli.
              He is the ONLY return man we've had in several years. I look forward to his contributions this season
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I really don't know about the stress on his knees-which would be best for him-returning kicks and punts and resting or being the third reciever. What does the team need? Is there a serious real retuner of his skill level on the team?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Giant View Post
                  I really don't know about the stress on his knees-which would be best for him-returning kicks and punts and resting or being the third reciever. What does the team need? Is there a serious real retuner of his skill level on the team?
                  i personally want jernigan to handle returns, and give hixon the 3rd spot until randle shows he can handle it

Comment

Would be great-but JJ got to live up to his part if that is the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Giant View Post
                      Would be great-but JJ got to live up to his part if that is the plan.
                      Remember, it took Amani Toomer two years to get on track.

Comment

The only thing I see Hixon breaking, is a bone.
                        My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                          The only thing I see Hixon breaking, is a bone.
                          Just put some ore water in your glass. He's liked by the coaching staff. I realize they have no clue, but Hixon doesn't have to "break" anything to contribute. He led all receivers in yards in 2008 and hold the single game record for all purpose yards. Until someone unseats him, he's probably the # 3. Right now he's working with Cruz in Nick's spot with the ones.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                            Just put some ore water in your glass. He's liked by the coaching staff. I realize they have no clue, but Hixon doesn't have to "break" anything to contribute. He led all receivers in yards in 2008 and hold the single game record for all purpose yards. Until someone unseats him, he's probably the # 3. Right now he's working with Cruz in Nick's spot with the ones.
                            Who knows if he can even play after all his devastating injuries. He'll have to prove that he can still actually play.

I mean, who is it to say that he can still play, Roanoke?
                            Last edited by gmen0820; 07-28-2012, 03:04 PM.
                            My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

I worry about his consecutive ACL injuries.

As of right now, JJ is coming into his 2nd season as a pro and was working the slot with the first team. I do realize its the first day of training camp, but I like this kid and hope he can get his career on track.

Barden, IMO, will be hard pressed to make the team, especially since hes useless on special teams (and as a WR).

Im excited about our depth at WR. we have 3 guys(4 if you count barden) battling for the slot.

Comment

Working...
                              X