Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will there be a "Rogers Factor" at DT?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Will there be a "Rogers Factor" at DT?

    Kirwan said that "Shaun Rogers looks better than ever after losing close to 50 pounds." His comments about being stoked for the season and wanting a ring give the impression he is ready to contribute, anyone think Rogers will be a factor at DT for us this year? He's a big man that could require lots of attention in the middle.

  • #2
    At this stage of the game for him it will all about desire and drive. IMO if he makes it through camp he will be a good guy to have in the rotation....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

    Comment


    • #3
      if Rogers really is stoked about this coming season then teams will have a tough time running the ball up the middle of our defense this year...

      Comment


      • #4
        Wow, it's hard for me to picture him losing 50 lbs. He's got to be super motivated to do that. That would bring him down to about 305 lbs. If he does make the team, who will be the odd DT out?

        right now there's:

        Canty
        Joseph
        Bernard
        Austin
        Rodgers
        Kuhn
        Hendricks

        You figure Kuhn & Hendricks will be on the practice squad. That leaves us with 5 guys for 4 spots. Doubt Fewell and Coughlin carry 5 DT's.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
          Wow, it's hard for me to picture him losing 50 lbs. He's got to be super motivated to do that. That would bring him down to about 305 lbs. If he does make the team, who will be the odd DT out?

          right now there's:

          Canty
          Joseph
          Bernard
          Austin
          Rodgers
          Kuhn
          Hendricks

          You figure Kuhn & Hendricks will be on the practice squad. That leaves us with 5 guys for 4 spots. Doubt Fewell and Coughlin carry 5 DT's.
          Carrying 5DTs' isn't totally out of the relm of posibility since we haven't identified anyone to fill that 4th DE roll. The coaches may decide to use a combination of Kiwi, Tracy and Canty rotating into that DE role in different situations as opposed to having a true 4th DE. That would open a spot for an extra DT.
          All Hail The New York Giants!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
            Carrying 5DTs' isn't totally out of the relm of posibility since we haven't identified anyone to fill that 4th DE roll. The coaches may decide to use a combination of Kiwi, Tracy and Canty rotating into that DE role in different situations as opposed to having a true 4th DE. That would open a spot for an extra DT.
            I don't recall Canty playing DE while with the Giants. I could be wrong, but I don't he ever has. Fewell spoke about using a "NASCAR Package" using Osi, Tuck, JPP and Kiwi from time to time. He also spoke about a "Bison Package" and a "Tractor Package", but didn't go into detail.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
              I don't recall Canty playing DE while with the Giants. I could be wrong, but I don't he ever has. Fewell spoke about using a "NASCAR Package" using Osi, Tuck, JPP and Kiwi from time to time. He also spoke about a "Bison Package" and a "Tractor Package", but didn't go into detail.
              He hasn't played DE with the Giants but was a DE (albeit in a 3-4) with DAL and played DE in college. And in 2010 they did experiment with a big package with him at DE.
              All Hail The New York Giants!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                At this stage of the game for him it will all about desire and drive. IMO if he makes it through camp he will be a good guy to have in the rotation....
                I think every nfl fan would like to see a motivated Rogers's. I could be wrong, but that's been the knock on him since day one in the league.
                my beer drinking team has a football problem

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
                  Wow, it's hard for me to picture him losing 50 lbs. He's got to be super motivated to do that. That would bring him down to about 305 lbs. .
                  He balooned out of shape. I wouldn't be suprised if he was tipping 370 before losing the weight.

                  To the point of the thread title - If he ends up being a big factor, Look the **** out for this defense.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X