Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PLAN B: Thomas contingency options

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PLAN B: Thomas contingency options

    PLAN B: Thomas contingency options

    Excerpt: " Terrell Thomas is heading west to consult with Dr. Arthur Ting on his injured right ACL.

    Ting performed an allograft reconstruction of the ACL last September and Thomas likely will undergo an arthroscopic procedure to determine the full damage to his knee.

    A source said Monday that Thomas' knee has at least a partial tear. Considering this is the third time he has injured his right ACL since 2005, Thomas could miss significant time, if not the entire season. We'll still have to wait for final word.

    While we wait, let's take a look at what the Giants might do if Thomas is out indefinitely or for the season. " Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

  • #2
    Sad, sad, sad....

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
      PLAN B: Thomas contingency options

      Excerpt: " Terrell Thomas is heading west to consult with Dr. Arthur Ting on his injured right ACL.

      Ting performed an allograft reconstruction of the ACL last September and Thomas likely will undergo an arthroscopic procedure to determine the full damage to his knee.

      A source said Monday that Thomas' knee has at least a partial tear. Considering this is the third time he has injured his right ACL since 2005, Thomas could miss significant time, if not the entire season. We'll still have to wait for final word.

      While we wait, let's take a look at what the Giants might do if Thomas is out indefinitely or for the season. " Read more...
      Yes, but the good thing is it's early enough to give his replacement reps at camp.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

      Comment


      • #4
        Nothing to worry about really. I have confidence in Prince to play opposite of Webby. He flashed his first round status in the Packers divisional game against Nelson. There's a lot worse CB situations on other teams so I'm not sweating this one bit.

        Comment


        • #5
          Time for Prince to step up to the plate. Also, the Giants did draft CB Jayron Hosley as well. Best of luck to T2 on a speedy recovery, but the Giants may move on.

          Comment


          • #6
            I'm ready for Prince to step up too, but no one is exactly giving glowing reviews on him. Hopefully he steps up.

            Comment


            • #7
              I have a lot of confidence in Webster and hope that Prince can step up and play because he should be ready now, but its in the event of an injury to either one of these guys that causes some concern because thats when we turn to the backups, who is ready ....

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                Nothing to worry about really. I have confidence in Prince to play opposite of Webby. He flashed his first round status in the Packers divisional game against Nelson. There's a lot worse CB situations on other teams so I'm not sweating this one bit.
                Weren't we already counting on Prince playing the outside anyway, with TT taking over slot corner so Rolle could go back to ripping up the middle of the field? That may have just been something I read on these boards, but sounds right, no?
                I hate Philthy. The teams, their fans, the city.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by EJ Blue View Post
                  I'm ready for Prince to step up too, but no one is exactly giving glowing reviews on him. Hopefully he steps up.
                  True but don't forget that Sinorice Moss and Ramses Barden are known for being Training Camp Beasts and they haven't shown squat in the regular season. I'd wait until the preseason games to get a better idea of things.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Season-ending injuries can be a downer for sure, but it's also a blessing in disguise for lower-depth players who otherwise won't see the field much and a chance for them to shine. Oh wait did I just explain the story of Victor Cruz...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                      Nothing to worry about really. I have confidence in Prince to play opposite of Webby. He flashed his first round status in the Packers divisional game against Nelson. There's a lot worse CB situations on other teams so I'm not sweating this one bit.
                      a full/healthy offseason will do wonders for Princes confidence.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        this may be a sick way of looking at it...but we just got out of a 5 yr 28 mil contract...we have KP, Cruz, Nicks who will need money in the very near future...just sayin

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I know some people may say the Giants need to re-sign Grant, but I would not be against seeing what our current corners, like Coe, Tyron, Hosley and Johnson show in camp and the preseason games. And like the article mentioned, if Thomas gets put on IR, maybe that opens the door for Hill or Brown as an extra S kept on the final 53.

                          And of course the Giants may consider that anyway, thanks to Sash's brain fart.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            PLAN C: Select one guy who is mentioned in the article, and keep him off the Hunger Games field the Giants practice on until the regular season starts.
                            "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

                            "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              im not too worried bc T2 was coming off a serious injury and the plan was ultimately to move prince outside anyways. Prince missed most of last year, so this is virtually a rookie offseason for him as he hasnt experienced camp and preseason. so he could have some rough spots early. however, i think he'll end up being fine for this season and on the way to progressing into a lock down type corner.
                              i think coe/tryon could then handle the nickel role and handle it well. I like Tryon, we got him from Indy and he had shown glimpses of being a solid corner. Think he could work out for us. Coe is a veteran too so thats an added plus. The main concern i have is injuries and limiting them. we cant have a depleted unit on this team, especially DB's...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X