Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what does everyone say Eli is not a HOFmer cause his stats are not good?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what does everyone say Eli is not a HOFmer cause his stats are not good?

His stats are not bad at all his are almost better then other sb winning QB's and has at least 7 more years?
    sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Who is everybody?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

he's 30. let's relax. no doubt he will be a hall of famer unless something drastic changes in his career

Comment

Is Roethlisberger a HOFer too?

Comment

He's refering to espn (i think), I was watching First Take & Mike n Mike in the morning both shows debated the topic. For the most part I agree that its to soon to say hes in the HoF.
          The Gigalo with the most below

Comment

I don't see how he wouldn't be a HOF with 2 Super Bowl MVP's.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
              I don't see how he wouldn't be a HOF with 2 Super Bowl MVP's.

His stats aren't too shabby Either

Comment

Not yet, but if he can stay healthy and put up 20+ tds and 3500 yards for the next 5-6 years, I think he'll get in/

Comment

Doesn't a player have to retire before he's considered? Don't they take into account his whole body of work? We're not there just yet.
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

the problem with eli, and i love him but this is what the AP will look at, is who are the other qb's out there. the whole romo is better arguements only weight was that romo has better stats. better completion %, qbr, and td to int ratio. rodgers, brees, and brady dominate all those, and eli will always be considered less then them in their eyes. my arguement is that eli does enough to win games. rodgers and brady have had to ocercompensate for lack of defense, so their offensive stats are inflated. sean paytons offense is notorious for never getting off the gas, theyd win games by twenty plus points, throwing all over the place like its an afl game. eli and the giants will NEVER do that. they score enough to win the game, and then end it as quickly as possible using the run. thats how coughlin likes it, and frankly, thats how i like it. games are far more exciting when its a one posession, or 10 point game.

Comment

i disagree jp. the voters are the writers, and the writers LOVE a legendary player. Eli could get in just on the merit of the SB 42 win bc of how historically signficant it was and what a story it became. The whole "brother to Peyton, beat the guy who Peyton couldnt TWICE in the SB, demand to play for NY, SB MVP TWICE" legend is an epic really. The writers will remember that. Just like Naimath and how his "guarantee" was such a huge story and so historical. Eli could retire today, and be a lock for the HOF. maybe its flawed, but it is what it is.
                      when u figure he has a ton of quality play left and years of him in his prime, i mean theres no debate whether he makes the HOF, the debate is whether hes earned it by now or not.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                        i disagree jp. the voters are the writers, and the writers LOVE a legendary player. Eli could get in just on the merit of the SB 42 win bc of how historically signficant it was and what a story it became. The whole "brother to Peyton, beat the guy who Peyton couldnt TWICE in the SB, demand to play for NY, SB MVP TWICE" legend is an epic really. The writers will remember that. Just like Naimath and how his "guarantee" was such a huge story and so historical. Eli could retire today, and be a lock for the HOF. maybe its flawed, but it is what it is.
                        when u figure he has a ton of quality play left and years of him in his prime, i mean theres no debate whether he makes the HOF, the debate is whether hes earned it by now or not.
                        I can't see anyone voting a player into the Hall of Fame on what his brother did or didn't do. When Eli is on the ballot for the first time, it will matter who else is being nominated at the same time. It's useless to discuss this until Eli retires. Dan Marino never won a Super Bowl but he's in the HOF. I'm not privy to what goes on in the minds of the voters, but I doubt nostalgia factors in.

Comment

Originally posted by jpmetrick View Post
                          the problem with eli, and i love him but this is what the AP will look at, is who are the other qb's out there. the whole romo is better arguements only weight was that romo has better stats. better completion %, qbr, and td to int ratio. rodgers, brees, and brady dominate all those, and eli will always be considered less then them in their eyes. my arguement is that eli does enough to win games. rodgers and brady have had to ocercompensate for lack of defense, so their offensive stats are inflated. sean paytons offense is notorious for never getting off the gas, theyd win games by twenty plus points, throwing all over the place like its an afl game. eli and the giants will NEVER do that. they score enough to win the game, and then end it as quickly as possible using the run. thats how coughlin likes it, and frankly, thats how i like it. games are far more exciting when its a one posession, or 10 point game.
                          in this day and age where we all have fantasy teams, people tend to favor guys like romo who are good for putting up numbers but not nearly as good as winning/finishing games when it counts. guys like rodgers, brees, peyton, and brady have all shown they can put up the numbers while also leading the team to titles and coming up big where it matters the most (playoffs, 4th Qtr, etc).

Eli has shown he can lead the giants to championships and is one helluva clutch player but he never has the inflated stats those guys do so he hasnt yet won over a lot people in today's day and age quite yet. i dont really think it's a refelction of eli's talents, as he still puts up solid numbers in a more conservative system than the others. the giants offense is much more reliant on establishing the runand keeping balance than the temas of the other "Elite QBs."

you watch these guys like brees, brady, and rodgers and they come out throwing the ball from the get go and dont quit til the end, even with sizeable leads. the giants under coughlin have simply not been as aggressive and i can't say it is a bad thing with the 2 titles to show for it, but i feel it is refelctive sometimes on the fantasy scoresheet. take it from a guy who has had eli on his team 5 straight seasons along with several other giants, eli and the giants players do not pad the stats as much as other teams when given the opportunities.

once he has a big year with 30-35+ TDs, 4500 yds, and <15 INTs to go along with a solid playoff run (perhaps this year), he will be established in the mind of the stats nerds minds as a HOF lock.

Comment

Eli is going to get us two more rings and probably win at least one more SB MVP in the process. These discussions will all be moot at that point.

Comment

news flash

HOF consideration is not based on stats alone

if it was Lynn Swan, Joe Namath, Gale Sayers, John Riggins, Bob Griese etc etc would not have gold blazers

...and HOF voting has become a load of crap anyway.....so who really cares

Comment

Working...
                              X