Devin thomas retires

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devin thomas retires

Devin Thomas retiring at 25. Wow, this is strange.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-retires-at-25

He must have listened to Curtis Martin last night.

Comment

Good for him. Considering he's likely be floundering on special teams for the rest of his career, and the fact he's already reached the peak of the NFL - why not?

He's still young enough (and healthy enough) to pursue whatever career he wants.

Comment

I really liked this guy. I hated to see him go. He was a VERY good special teams player....always the first to reach the ball carrier. I will miss this guy.

Comment

WOW...didn't see that coming. Was he injured or something? He's only 25 years old. There's got to be a good reason.

Comment

Surprising, something else that we don't know about going on here.
            No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Best of luck #15!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                What makes you think that? He could just not like football.

Comment

Reporter who spoke with him indicated a neck injury he received last december made him think twice about playing again. Anyone remember it?

Comment

Originally posted by greenca190 View Post
                    What makes you think that? He could just not like football.
                    Well, it could be that he doesn't like football after all these year playing it, but it is awfully tough for anyone to find a job that comes close to the minimum earned by NFL players. Even Curtis Martin, notable for not liking football, hung in for all those years for the money. The post about the neck injury above shed some light in the direction I was thinking. I just found it odd for a 25 year old with 5 or so good years ahead would just hang it up without an injury scare or something like that hanging out there.

Comment

After reading this article I'd say its just a good time for him to leave gracefully (and on top).

http://www.giants101.com/2012/08/05/...es-retirement/

Thank you #15 for getting us past the Niners. Those two turnovers got us to the big one.
                      Last edited by fourth&forever; 08-05-2012, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fourth&forever View Post
                        After reading this article I'd say its just a good time for him to leave gracefully (and on top).
                        http://www.giants101.com/2012/08/05/...es-retirement/
                        Good for him.

Comment

Well, it could be that he doesn't like football after all these year playing it, but it is awfully tough for anyone to find a job that comes close to the minimum earned by NFL players. Even Curtis Martin, notable for not liking football, hung in for all those years for the money. The post about the neck injury above shed some light in the direction I was thinking. I just found it odd for a 25 year old with 5 or so good years ahead would just hang it up without an injury scare or something like that hanging out there.
                          Man.
                          Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.
                          Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health.
                          And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present;
                          the result being that he does not live in the present or the future;
                          he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.

Comment

After reading the article i say good for him.Like he said i accomplished my childhood dream. now move on.

Comment

I hope everything works out well for him.

Comment

Working...
                              X