Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Cruz and Nicks the best wideout duo in the NFL?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Cruz and Nicks the best wideout duo in the NFL?

What do you guys think?

The Giants wide receivers set out in the postseason to show they can stack up with any other corps around the NFL.They did a whole lot more en route to the Super Bowl title, and now Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz have everyone’s attention as they join the debate.
    The good people at NFL.com put together a list on this very issue, and while the duo came in second, they might just be the best big-play combo in the NFL...

See the rest of the list here:
    http://blog.giants.com/2012/08/04/ni...ut-duo-in-nfl/
    --
    Giants.com
    twitter.com/giants
    facebook.com/nygiants

#1 for Roddy and Julio is a complete crock.

Comment

They have as good a claim to the title as anyone else. First, second... I'm just excited that we have WR's that are even in the discussion.

Comment

Julio and Roddy are very good, and make a nice, complete duo.

I can see them as #1 right now, and Nicks and Cruz as #2. But, I want to see what Cruz does this season.
        OLD USERNAME : MIKEISAGIANT
        SINCE OCTOBER 2010.

Comment

How can you see Roddy and Julio as #1?

Based on stats alone Cruz/Nicks had a much better season as a duo. Not to mention Cruz wasn't even a starter for half the season.

Comment

They are the duo I want which is all that matters to me.
            Wouldn't mind having a credible TE in the mix.
            No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by njg85m View Post
              How can you see Roddy and Julio as #1?

Based on stats alone Cruz/Nicks had a much better season as a duo. Not to mention Cruz wasn't even a starter for half the season.
              Because I'm not a homer
              SINCE OCTOBER 2010.

Comment

So, basically you don't have an answer?

Comment

So, basically you don't have an answer?
                  What's there to answer? Statistically, Cruz and Nicks may seem like the better duo (personally I'd take them too), but IMO I think Julio and Roddy are the safer guys to go with right now.

Plus Eli is better than Matt Ryan. Just imagine Roddy and Jones with Eli as the QB.
                  SINCE OCTOBER 2010.

Comment

Because according to you, claiming that the better duo is the one that statistically beats the other one in nearly every single category, had a much tougher schedule, and won the super bowl makes you a homer.
                    (BTW they had the same number of combined receptions, so you can't really use the "Eli is a better QB" argument)

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
                      They have as good a claim to the title as anyone else. First, second... I'm just excited that we have WR's that are even in the discussion.
                      Me too. I'd like to see Cruz do it for another year though. From all accounts at camp, though, it seems like he is ready for another big season.

Comment

Because according to you, claiming that the better duo is the one that statistically beats the other one in nearly every single category, had a much tougher schedule, and won the super bowl makes you a homer.
                        (BTW they had the same number of combined receptions, so you can't really use the "Eli is a better QB" argument)
                        I don't mind homers dude, so don't take offense. It's okay if you are a homer.

Just be open-minded a bit, rather than harping on other people's opinions on **** like that.
                        SINCE OCTOBER 2010.

Comment

Cruz and Nicks are better now (superior route-running) but Julio Jones will be better than both of them in a year or two.

Comment

you could argue

Nicks & Cruz
                            Jennings & Nelson
                            Roddy & Jones

but I'll take the Giants duo..
                            Last edited by Carter.525; 08-06-2012, 04:50 PM.

Comment

There is no doubt in my mind that not only will Cruz and Nicks be the best duo in the NFL for years to come, but are the best right now. Their dominance showed throughout the playoffs. While either Cruz or Nicks were being double teamed, the other completely dominated. No stat will change my mind, they are the best and will be the best WR duo for years if kept together

Comment

Working...
                              X