No announcement yet.

Wow Cruz surprised me today at camp...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow Cruz surprised me today at camp...

Would like to say that I guess players are told when and not when to sign. Cruz signed his Youngwhales hat and football for my little sister after the walk thru, guess I jumped the gun. Was a great guy.
    Last edited by NYGiants2120; 08-06-2012, 10:06 PM.

He was probably busy, or he wasn't allowed to?

I'm sure he isn't a **** head.
    OLD USERNAME : MIKEISAGIANT
    SINCE OCTOBER 2010.

Comment

oh I completely understand but it was around 11am when all the players were going to lunch and it would have taken maybe 45 seconds. Either way still love the guy just expected something different

Comment

I can remember going to a Mets game with my son, who loved Mike Pi***a. We were down in the first row before the game and Pi***a was stretching less than 10 feet from us. My son and some other young kids called out to him very respectfully, not even for an autograph but just for a waive or any type of acknowedgment, and Pi***a wouldn't even turn around.

I realized that the guy was probably in the middle of a routine and didn't want to be interrupted, but my son was real disappointed. So i know how you feel . . . . .

Comment

For what it's worth, a lot of athletes don't sign autographs until AFTER practice.

I doubt he did it to be rude.

Comment

That wasn't cool. Maybe the guy was having a bad day or something. Everything that I have read from fans on twitter, facebook and the many Giants forum is that he is a really cool dude who makes time to sign autographs.

Give him a pass on this one.

Comment

This doesn't surprise me sadly. A lot of athletes and those in the spotlight forget where they come from. Maybe you caught him on a bad day because as the others say, the reports are that hes a decent guy.

Comment

It could be they are told when they can make themselves available.
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Juanito View Post
                  This doesn't surprise me sadly. A lot of athletes and those in the spotlight forget where they come from. Maybe you caught him on a bad day because as the others say, the reports are that hes a decent guy.
                  or maybe he's told when and where he is allowed to sign autographs.

Comment

I don't mean to sound like a ******, but sometimes the answer is no when you ask for something...there could be a million different reasons for his response .
                    the thousands of people who have received autographs from Cruz should post that they got autographs

Comment

I remember going to camp at Fairleigh-****inson in 1993. LT was there and had just recovered from his Achilles. Rodney Hampton and Dave Meggett were not at camp for I believe contractual reasons. Ottis Anderson was still on the team. I was watching a bunch of kids as they were getting autographs from various players. Sean Landeta was great and was signing everything from everyone. Howard Cross stayed and talked to everyone, was even hugging folks.I remember a group of kids...not adults approached Ottis Anderson and he was downright rude. He refused to sign anything and even berated the kids for not coming to him before going to the other players. I was sorely disappointed.

This was Dan Reeves first year as coach, I believe Ottis didn't make it with the Giants out of camp that year.

Comment

Sorry to hear, wouldn't expect that unless there was a reason....

Comment

That doesn't sound like Cruz at all, sorry to hear that

Comment

Every year there's a thread or two about a player not signing for them. I think it's best not to ask except during the designated autograph time. If they say yes to one then the next thing you know there's a line and they can't get away.

Comment

Sorry to hear about Cruz and his reaction. Hope your sister is okay. I think a "give the benefit of the doubt" would be the correct course here. And hope it never happens again.

Comment

Working...
                              X