Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrell Thomas hopes to be back within a month ... WOW

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2..._hopes_to.html

ALBANY, N.Y. — Tom Coughlin was smiling while being asked about Terrell Thomas. That, in and of itself, was a good sign.

Not getting my hopes up but WOW... all I can say is if he's able to give us even 75% this season I'll take it.

Love T2 hope nothing but the best for him in his recovery.

We could really really use him later on in the season.
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

One thing I've learned is that a month is never a month.

Comment

He'll likely go on the PUP and be and we'll see where he stands after the 6th game. I'm hoping we'll need him with the schedule we have.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Chaos View Post
        He'll likely go on the PUP and be and we'll see where he stands after the 6th game. I'm hoping we'll need him with the schedule we have.
        from the OP's quoted article:

"Should Thomas not suffer any setbacks, the Giants will likely enter the regular season with him working his way back into game shape and on the active roster. He cannot be placed on the physically-unable-to-perform list because he participated in practices and was not put on PUP before camp began."

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
          Not getting my hopes up but WOW
          yeah....what a long way from certainly season ending, probably career ending news.......

Comment

Whatever happens, he needs to take things slow. No need rushing back from this.
            "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Great news.. maybe he should start off playing that 3rd saftey role..

Comment

Originally posted by ebick View Post
                yeah....what a long way from certainly season ending, probably career ending news.......
                Lol, you're not kidding.....
                "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

Originally posted by carter.525 View Post
                  Great news.. maybe he should start off playing that 3rd saftey role..
                  The Giants should operate under the assumption that he's not going to play this season. I really hope I'm wrong, but I'm more concerned about his career than anything else at this point.
                  "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

Comment

Holy ****! That would be fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                      Whatever happens, he needs to take things slow. No need rushing back from this.
                      The thing is all the tests were precautionary. He woke up the next morning from practice and had some swelling...now he has no pain, no swelling, and no instability.

I agree they should be cautious but I don't think he should be out for too long. He's had about years time worth of recovery and rehab.
                      "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
                        The thing is all the tests were precautionary. He woke up the next morning from practice and had some swelling...now he has no pain, no swelling, and no instability.

I agree they should be cautious but I don't think he should be out for too long. He's had about years time worth of recovery and rehab.
                        I think they need to make sure nothing has degraded from the operation.

Comment

Good news. Now we hope for the best case scenario. Listening to TC about this, it doesn't seem like anyone is "rushing" anything. Just because this is different than everyone's initial assumption that he would be out the entire year, doesn't mean they are rushing. It just means that the doctors had some "good", or at least "hopeful" news.

Comment

This is great news for us for once. We always fear the worst due to our experience from last years camp
                            Football has been very, very good to us.
                            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                            4-New York Giants!!!
                            5-NE
                            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

It's too bad the players union never agreed to the non-season ending IR. The owners all agreed on it, but it was never put through completely...

Comment

Working...
                              X