Greenbay vs. G-men

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greenbay vs. G-men

do you guys think this gonna be a rivarly sorta like the colts had with pats all those years with peyton. i mean this will be like our 3rd straight year playing them and especially how we smashed them in the playoffs last yr. and that classic reg. season gem against them. will A-Rod vs. Eli be the Peyton vs. Brady of the nfc these next couple yrs. kinda wanna know what you guys opinion is gonna be on this.

Nah because Eli and Rodgers at their best aren't as good as Brady and Peyton at theirs.

Comment

Well we have met them in the playoffs twice in 5 seasons but they had Favre the last time around (and we all know how the media loves to hype the QB matchup). Plus they would have to meet in the playoffs time and time again not just the regular season.
      8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Originally posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
        Well we have met them in the playoffs twice in 5 seasons but they had Favre the last time around (and we all know how the media loves to hype the QB matchup). Plus they would have to meet in the playoffs time and time again not just the regular season.
        we'll prolly play them twice again this yr as well, hopefully we can show them how to win a home playoff game too

Comment

plus you have clay mathews talking smack. he said 'we beat ourselves, the giants didnt beat us' basically saying if theres a repeat theyd win hands down. bullcrapola

Comment

nah never ..... just a game

Comment

The Pats/Colts rivalry was forced by the league for TV ratings, NYG and GB won't be playing each other every year.

Comment

NYG SF is going to be HUGE again.

Comment

Id say GB v NYG is like the old SF v NYG more then anything. It's becoming a good rivalry. They seem to win @ NY and we seem to win @ GB more then anything.
                  WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Originally posted by jpmetrick View Post
                    plus you have clay mathews talking smack. he said 'we beat ourselves, the giants didnt beat us' basically saying if theres a repeat theyd win hands down. bullcrapola
                    It's amazing how many teams "beat themselves" when they are playing against the Giants.
                    "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Originally posted by moo View Post
                      The Pats/Colts rivalry was forced by the league for TV ratings, NYG and GB won't be playing each other every year.
                      They will as long as they both keep coming in first. While TV ratings play a factor in time slots, they have absolutely nothing to do with who teams play in their schedule. Division winners play the other division winners in that conference. That is why this year we play the NFC south plus the niners and packers. 1st place schedule. Pats and Colts was not forced by tv ratings. They were just a product of how the schedule works.

Comment

Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                        They will as long as they both keep coming in first. While TV ratings play a factor in time slots, they have absolutely nothing to do with who teams play in their schedule. Division winners play the other division winners in that conference. That is why this year we play the NFC south plus the niners and packers. 1st place schedule. Pats and Colts was not forced by tv ratings. They were just a product of how the schedule works.
                        That's exactly right, with one adjustment. It wouldn't require us both to win our divisions each year. It would require us both to end each season at the same respective position in our divisions. So, if we each ended 2012 in 2nd place in our respective divisions, we'd play each other in 2013, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                          It's amazing how many teams "beat themselves" when they are playing against the Giants.
                          Ain't that the truth, brother?

Although--we beat ourselves last year in the regular season Niners game and the regular season Packers game, didn't we?

Comment

i think the whole "beat ourselves" is just an excuse for not executing. people have good days and bad days. im no pro athlete, but i bowl in a league and some days, the last pin just doesnt fall and i cant get that spare/strike. but, in anything ive ever done my entire team hasnt had a bad day. i think the defense gets to you and you start making mistakes, but the players will never admit to that.

Comment

Originally posted by moo View Post
                              The Brady vs Peyton rivalry came about because for the longest time, the AFC East and AFC South were terrible divisions, save those two teams. Jets, Bills, Dolphins, Texans, Jags, and Titans were all mediocre at best in the 2000s decade.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                              X