Big running back needed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big running back needed?

Wilson may be more of a Megett change of pace back as a rookie sort of like Westbrook and McCoy were before becoming a three down back. Bradshaw has trouble playing 16 games. So do you think the Giants might be looking for a big back on the waiver wire to get us through this season and whom do you think that might be? Or will they stay with frequently injured Ware or the untried Scott?

Originally posted by cva14 View Post
    Wilson may be more of a Megett change of pace back as a rookie sort of like Westbrook and McCoy were before becoming a three down back. Bradshaw has trouble playing 16 games. So do you think the Giants might be looking for a big back on the waiver wire to get us through this season and whom do you think that might be? Or will they stay with frequently injured Ware or the untried Scott?
    They don't need a big back, they need a back. Just like we don't need a tall receiver.
    I do think we are one quality, experienced back short right now unless Wilson shows he's ready quickly and Scott shows he's ready for prime time. That is a lot to ask for. It is possible,but still alot to ask.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Brandon Jacobs was huge and he barely ever got the yard when we needed it

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
        They don't need a big back, they need a back. Just like we don't need a tall receiver. I do think we are one quality, experienced back short right now unless Wilson shows he's ready quickly and Scott shows he's ready for prime time. That is a lot to ask for. It is possible,but still alot to ask.
        I couldn't agree more......
        They don't just play the notes on the page...they play what's in the air.

Comment

I don't think they need to get a big RB. But if there is one pos. that concerns me about this team is RB. They are one Ahmad Bradshaw injury away from becoming a huge whole in the offense. Da'rel Scott still has a lot to prove; Ware hasn't proven himself to be a 20-30 carry/game back; Dave Wilson is good (possibly great), but is a rookie. We don't know how well and quick he will adjust to the NFL.

I'd feel a lot more comfortable if another RB who could step in just in case someone goes down.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
            i agree with you

Comment

As a former RB to be fair there is limited things you can do when
              A. you never really had intial burst speed to begin with &
              B. your O-Line collapsed infront of you, almost all the time.
              i think this was jacobs case, that oline never opened up a hole long enough for him to go rumbling through it so he tried often to bouce it outside and that never worked. just a side note i remembered when i used to play we had a guy Keron Nelson 5'11 like 230 solid big kid Running back i was splitting time with him, i was the smaller speed back at 5'7 185. I remember at a meeting some of the O-Line were complainig of the collateral damage they were taking in the back when he use to plow through the line pushing whoever over lol. i sure its the same case in the pro's i wonder if that affected Jacob's North/South style mentality or was it just that the Oline were not keeping those limited gaps open.

i dont think its all jacobs fault

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
              @Katdaddyjay 17h
              @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
              http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Comment

im not the only who saw this!
                though i really dont feel we need another back. i think they wont try to run it up the middle knowing baas cant get the push needed. from what ive read, they are working hard on the run game in camp, so i have to believe itll be there and well go back to a run first team, but throw more then we used to

Comment

Originally posted by rainierjef View Post
                  As a former RB to be fair there is limited things you can do when
                  A. you never really had intial burst speed to begin with &
                  B. your O-Line collapsed infront of you, almost all the time.
                  i think this was jacobs case, that oline never opened up a hole long enough for him to go rumbling through it so he tried often to bouce it outside and that never worked. just a side note i remembered when i used to play we had a guy Keron Nelson 5'11 like 230 solid big kid Running back i was splitting time with him, i was the smaller speed back at 5'7 185. I remember at a meeting some of the O-Line were complainig of the collateral damage they were taking in the back when he use to plow through the line pushing whoever over lol. i sure its the same case in the pro's i wonder if that affected Jacob's North/South style mentality or was it just that the Oline were not keeping those limited gaps open.

i dont think its all jacobs fault
                  His lack of great initial burst is a factor, but also his pad level. Sometimes he'd run too tall and upright in short yardage situations isntead of lowering his pads with a good forward lean.

Comment

When teams get down to final cuts, I think the Giants will be able to find an upgrade over Ware for sure.
                    No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

There is a reason why RB's are not 6'4. I am a fan of Jacobs and he will always be a Giant in my mind. Go low on him and he goes down easier than Bradshaw.
                      Last edited by Buddy333; 08-07-2012, 09:58 PM.

Comment

big backs are slow to accelerate which equals o line needing to hold their blocks longer

smaller backs generally have a quicker acceleration ...... hitting holes as they open ....an o linemans dream

a smaller back also needs less of a hole to hit

you can keep your big backs

Comment

I think Ware stays because he knows the team and the team knows him. If they did replace him they could possibly do it with Martinek. He has decent speed, blocks very well, and can catch out of the backfield.

Comment

I think the Bradshaw / Wilson combo will be good one.

Benson is still an option.?

Comment

between Ware, Brown, Wilson, and whom ever else they will come up with a very good roation IMO.
                              Of Couse AB being the #1.

I also see Hynoski maybe taking a few ket carries during the game. I really feel he will be come a truely complete FB for the Giants.
                              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Working...
                              X