Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DT Markus Kuhn impressing Giants' head coach Tom Coughlin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DT Markus Kuhn impressing Giants' head coach Tom Coughlin

    LINK

    Excerpt: "Things did not get off to a relatively good start for New York Giants seventh-round pick Markus Kuhn. The defensive tackle struggled with work visa issues that prevented him from taking part in rookie mini-camp or full-team mini-camp in early June, which put him behind the eight ball when it was time to report to training camp in Albany. However, with said visa issues cleared up, it hasn't taken Kuhn very long to make quite the impression on head coach Tom Coughlin. Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

  • #2
    He's a very interesting player, but I'm not so sure that there is room for a player as raw as he is on the 53 man roster . . . .

    Comment


    • #3
      If he goes on the practice squad.. my fear is someone will pick him up..

      Comment


      • #4
        I think Canty is PUP for the start of the season and we make the decision later

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by carter.525 View Post
          If he goes on the practice squad.. my fear is someone will pick him up..
          Since he was a drafted and signed rookie, if he goes to the practice squad, no teams can pick him up until next season.

          Comment


          • #6
            i love late pick guys that start to turn heads.

            Love it.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Do you guys think its possible he see some playing time? I hope he turns into a beast - can you imagine our defensive line with Tuck, Kiwi, JPP, Osi - and then Kuhn? Oh man.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
                i love late pick guys that start to turn heads.

                Love it.
                +1. Always love a steal.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by nygpolishpunk View Post
                  Since he was a drafted and signed rookie, if he goes to the practice squad, no teams can pick him up until next season.
                  Really? I didn't know that - but being able to put projects onto the practice squad with no fear of other teams picking them up is great

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    good to know that others teams cant pick him up, I think he'll wind up on the practice squad this year
                    Last edited by Carter.525; 08-08-2012, 10:04 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by nygpolishpunk View Post
                      Since he was a drafted and signed rookie, if he goes to the practice squad, no teams can pick him up until next season.
                      Do you have a link to support that?

                      Because it was my understanding that any team can sign another team's practice squad player to its own 53 man roster at any time during the season.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
                        Do you have a link to support that?

                        Because it was my understanding that any team can sign another team's practice squad player to its own 53 man roster at any time during the season.
                        I believe each player has to pass through waivers of every team before he can join the practice squad
                        "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

                        1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          My dad was impressed by Kuhn and dislikes everybody

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                            My dad was impressed by Kuhn and dislikes everybody
                            haha

                            Was your Dad at camp, or was he impressed by college film on him?

                            Do you think that there is aa spot for him on the 53?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
                              haha

                              Was your Dad at camp, or was he impressed by college film on him?

                              Do you think that there is aa spot for him on the 53?
                              He played golf with him at some event and he had good things to say. Most of the time he doesnot speak highly of athletes intelligence but he did of Kuhn

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X