Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Just stick your face in there and don't let the guy get to your guy." - David Wilson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "Just stick your face in there and don't let the guy get to your guy." - David Wilson

    Blog recaps:

    David Wilson talks about setting his goals for the season. Everyone is anxious to see how he reacts in a game simulation



    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...reaching-goals

    Sorry, but I cannot get my link to work!!!! Still working on it!
    Last edited by Breezely; 08-10-2012, 11:28 AM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Breezely View Post
    Blog recaps:

    David Wilson talks about setting his goals for the season. Everyone is anxious to see how he reacts in a game simulation



    D Wilson
    I'm very anxious to see both Wilson and Scott. I know Scott will not be playing tonight but we need at least one of those guys to be NFL ready by September or else we are going to be really weak at RB (no offense Ahmad).

    Comment


    • #3
      Scott not playing tonight upsets me. Hopefully he's good for preseason game 2 and can show some worth. Otherwise, I can see him not getting a shot at all of making the team. Wilson might be better and he might prove more in tonight's game and tomorrow.
      OLD USERNAME : MIKEISAGIANT
      SINCE OCTOBER 2010.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Fuhgeddaboutit View Post
        Scott not playing tonight upsets me. Hopefully he's good for preseason game 2 and can show some worth. Otherwise, I can see him not getting a shot at all of making the team. Wilson might be better and he might prove more in tonight's game and tomorrow.
        My sentiments exactly.
        I'd hate to see him become a guy that we release that turns into a star for someone else, which in all honesty could be a pretty likely scenario. If we get rid of him, you can bet that someone is gonna take a chance on someone with that size and speed. If he's not the fastest, he's one of the fastest players in the NFL.

        I'm just wondering why he didn't get many carries at all last year? I mean he had a pretty good preseason. There has to be a reason but I haven't heard it. Maybe just not picking up the pro game. Anyone know for certain?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Breezely View Post
          Sorry, but I cannot get my link to work!!!! Still working on it!
          No need for formatting anymore, you can just post your link straight and it'll auto hyperlink: http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...-reaching-goal
          Last edited by moo; 08-10-2012, 11:27 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by njg85m View Post
            My sentiments exactly.
            I'd hate to see him become a guy that we release that turns into a star for someone else, which in all honesty could be a pretty likely scenario. If we get rid of him, you can bet that someone is gonna take a chance on someone with that size and speed. If he's not the fastest, he's one of the fastest players in the NFL.

            I'm just wondering why he didn't get many carries at all last year? I mean he had a pretty good preseason. There has to be a reason but I haven't heard it. Maybe just not picking up the pro game. Anyone know for certain?
            I think it was piss poor pass protection (lol, 4 p's), or maybe a fumbling issue, but i'm not sure. Other leagues don't rely on the RB as much for pass protection, meaning that someone like Scott would be better on a team like that...

            I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

            Comment


            • #7
              http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...reaching-goals

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by njg85m View Post
                My sentiments exactly.
                I'd hate to see him become a guy that we release that turns into a star for someone else, which in all honesty could be a pretty likely scenario. If we get rid of him, you can bet that someone is gonna take a chance on someone with that size and speed. If he's not the fastest, he's one of the fastest players in the NFL.

                I'm just wondering why he didn't get many carries at all last year? I mean he had a pretty good preseason. There has to be a reason but I haven't heard it. Maybe just not picking up the pro game. Anyone know for certain?

                You know how Tommy C is. Once you start fumbling as a rookie or making those little screwups, once and twice, you're pretty much not getting a shot again.Same thing happened with Jernigan.
                OLD USERNAME : MIKEISAGIANT
                SINCE OCTOBER 2010.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by moo View Post
                  No need for formatting anymore, you can just post your link straight and it'll auto hyperlink: http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...-reaching-goal
                  Thanks MOO!!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Bradshaw was having ball control issues as a rookie and they never gave up on him.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      pretty much what i've expected to hear from them and what I think the season will look like. To hear rb coach ingram say that wilson is gonna be an integral contributor to the offense gives me confidence.
                      and wilson is right about how blocking isnt an issue for him. he did it a lot at VT. the issue is gonna be WHO to block. we do have a great qb, and wilson will need to make sure that he doesnt get him killed...but i think he will be fine with eli and bradshaw helping him out.

                      im expecting big big things from wilson. if our OL still struggles to run block, that wont make wilson unusable, we can just move him to the shotgun back and get him involved in the pass game and utilize that as an almost run attack...seasons so close, i just pray everyone stays healthy

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Fuhgeddaboutit View Post
                        Scott not playing tonight upsets me. Hopefully he's good for preseason game 2 and can show some worth. Otherwise, I can see him not getting a shot at all of making the team. Wilson might be better and he might prove more in tonight's game and tomorrow.
                        Every game players are not available is an opportunity lost.
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                          Bradshaw was having ball control issues as a rookie and they never gave up on him.
                          True, but they did sit him down at least once. I see that as not punitive but more like psychological warfare.
                          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by njg85m View Post
                            I'm very anxious to see both Wilson and Scott. I know Scott will not be playing tonight but we need at least one of those guys to be NFL ready by September or else we are going to be really weak at RB (no offense Ahmad).
                            What did i miss ? why is Scott not playing
                            "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

                            1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by njg85m View Post
                              My sentiments exactly.
                              I'd hate to see him become a guy that we release that turns into a star for someone else, which in all honesty could be a pretty likely scenario. If we get rid of him, you can bet that someone is gonna take a chance on someone with that size and speed. If he's not the fastest, he's one of the fastest players in the NFL.

                              I'm just wondering why he didn't get many carries at all last year? I mean he had a pretty good preseason. There has to be a reason but I haven't heard it. Maybe just not picking up the pro game. Anyone know for certain?
                              Who was the last player that the Giants released who became a star somewhere else?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X