Young Offensive Lineman

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young Offensive Lineman

Wow . . . I thought that Mosley, McCants and Brewer all looked awful. If any of these guys need to come into a game this year, we've got big problems.

they were awful...i expected a little bit more

Comment

Originally posted by nygmen90 View Post
      they were awful...i expected a little bit more
      Me too. I know it's the first preseason game and they are all very young, but I didn't see any real positives at all. I don't mind if they make preseason mistakes, as long as I see even a small flash of something positive. I saw nothing . . . . .

Comment

The OL is probably the only worry I have from this game. It's pre season and guys are shaking off rust, trying not to get hurt, learning, and so on. No big deal them losing tonight. I have seen them look bad in pre season before and look a lot better when the season actually starts. The OL is a problem though. You expect young guys to go out there and the to prove something. I don't know, maybe it's just because they have been my biggest concern since last season ended. Maybe they are just trying to iron things out before the season starts. I hope any way.

Comment

Offensive line is my only MAJOR concern for this team. I'm hoping for the starters to play like a cohesive unit this season. As for the backups, it's the first preseason game.Also, I'm pretty sure Tom Coughin and Pat Flaherty will be working the young lineman hard this week.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

i dont think brewer did terrable he had some good blocks, but got beat on a few finess moves. he is by far the best of the 3. the other 5 couldnt stop a 4 man rush with the corners back 30 yards...poor perry couldnt even get a ball off short to wide open players. how you let a lineman through untouched with out a blitz???!?!?!?! they are terrable

Comment

The way I see it, if we don't get any progress from these young guys at this point all the way to the end of the season, it might be time to start spending high draft picks on O-line once again.

Comment

Are you sticking up for brewer? 2nd year 4th round pick & all I heard was how athletic & great his footwork is, freaking guy is embarrassing.....he got abused by someone nobody more than a few times

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                  The way I see it, if we don't get any progress from these young guys at this point all the way to the end of the season, it might be time to start spending high draft picks on O-line once again.
                  bingo.....

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                    I'm loving the Wilson pick, but sometimes I wonder why, with the crap O-line we had last season, we didn't take a Tackle in the 1st round... was there just no Tackle high enough on our draft board?

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by rjmills View Post
                      i dont think brewer did terrable he had some good blocks, but got beat on a few finess moves. he is by far the best of the 3. the other 5 couldnt stop a 4 man rush with the corners back 30 yards...poor perry couldnt even get a ball off short to wide open players. how you let a lineman through untouched with out a blitz???!?!?!?! they are terrable
                      Brewer was a turnstile against Jacksonville's 4th stringers. I'm wondering whether or not he is in danger of not making the team at all . . .. . .

Comment

I'm surprised Brewer was even in the game, he's missed a ton of practice time. But I think this is pretty typical of young lineman, they don't pay enough attention to the coaching staff until they go out and get their *** handed to them. Now the coaches will be all over them, and they'd better start getting it right. I think the coaches relish a game like this when it comes to some guy who's just not getting it. Now they can say OK dumbass, you tried it your way and it didn't work, now you better start listening and do what I tell you to.

Comment

Petrus

Petrus is in his third year and his pass pro still stinks. I think this might be his last season. Time to draft a guard to replace Snee in a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                            I'm loving the Wilson pick, but sometimes I wonder why, with the crap O-line we had last season, we didn't take a Tackle in the 1st round... was there just no Tackle high enough on our draft board?
                            there were a few tackles that teams had late 1rst round grades on. Mike Adams, Martin from Stanford, and there were a few g/c with late 1rs early 2nd round grades as well. martin and adams fell outta the first tho, so i think we made the right choice by not reaching.

i think we spend a high pick or two on OL next season. we're loaded at the skill positions...

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                              there were a few tackles that teams had late 1rst round grades on. Mike Adams, Martin from Stanford, and there were a few g/c with late 1rs early 2nd round grades as well. martin and adams fell outta the first tho, so i think we made the right choice by not reaching.

i think we spend a high pick or two on OL next season. we're loaded at the skill positions...
                              Adams got completely abused in his first preseason game . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X