Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Herzlich wins the Job, should they cut Blackburn.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Herzlich wins the Job, should they cut Blackburn.

Ok before you guys kill me, hear me out.

We have Boley, Kiwi, Rivers, Herzlich, Blackburn, JWill, Jones, Paysinger, Sintim, and Muasau.

I am wondering if Herzlich wins the starting job, is it worth keeping Blackburn if we would have to cut someone that may have more long term upside than Chase. I mean we know what Chase is. A solid player who gives 110% all the time, with an endless motor, but let's face it we've seen his best and if that isn't good enough to win the starting job, then should we really cut a more athletic youngster who could end up giving us a lot more down the road. Obviously Sintim is probably gone and I don't know much about Muasau. But I would hate to lose Paysinger or Jones so we can have chase here playing only on specials.

This is not a knock on Chase. If TC and Fewell believe in him as the starter then I am behind him 100%. Just seeing an over abundance of young linebackers with not enough spots to go around.

that is interesting logic....and if someone does get hurt we can always grab him off the couch again
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
      that is interesting logic....and if someone does get hurt we can always grab him off the couch again
      Doubt he would be on the couch again. Green Bay may have lost Bishop for a while, perhaps the year. I am sure they would come calling.

Comment

Jones is being tried at OLB. I think that limmits his chances to play in this league. He is clearly not as good in space as he is in traffic. He is also a bit undersized and lacks mobility to cover, something OLBs are asked to do more often.

In light of that, I think his chances of making the team are smaller. However, if we keep only 1 of the 2 between Herz and Blackburn, then I think Jones has a chance to stick around as a backup MLB.
        sigpic

Comment

I kinda agree with you, the young LB's are showing lots of promise and I would hate to lose any of them. Jones can backup Herz in the middle or Kiwi on the strong side. We have too many weak side backers at the moment, Boley, Rivers, Jaquain Williams, and Paysinger.

Comment

Originally posted by BklynBlue View Post
            Doubt he would be on the couch again. Green Bay may have lost Bishop for a while, perhaps the year. I am sure they would come calling.

It was kind of a joke
            "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

Sintim would get cut before Chase I'd have to think.

Sintim is completely useless and always injured.
              "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

Love Chase he can play and has shown it. Jones and Paysinger missed a lot of tackles last night. Giants gave Jones a chance last year and pulled him. brought Chase back with season on the line. If we are so deep with LB why did they bring Chase back?

Comment

No.

You always need a back up. What if Herzlich gets hurt? Chase knows the defense very well. He's just as important to the team as Herzlich.

Comment

Chase is at the heart of this team.....I think he needs to stay....

Comment

I'd cut Herzlich before cutting the SB champs D captain

Comment

Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
                        I'd cut Herzlich before cutting the SB champs D captain
                        maybe you should be thinking of cutting some other LB other than Herz. Not saying Blackburn should be cut but Herz shouldnt be
                        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                          Ok before you guys kill me, hear me out.

We have Boley, Kiwi, Rivers, Herzlich, Blackburn, JWill, Jones, Paysinger, Sintim, and Muasau.

I am wondering if Herzlich wins the starting job, is it worth keeping Blackburn if we would have to cut someone that may have more long term upside than Chase. I mean we know what Chase is. A solid player who gives 110% all the time, with an endless motor, but let's face it we've seen his best and if that isn't good enough to win the starting job, then should we really cut a more athletic youngster who could end up giving us a lot more down the road. Obviously Sintim is probably gone and I don't know much about Muasau. But I would hate to lose Paysinger or Jones so we can have chase here playing only on specials.

This is not a knock on Chase. If TC and Fewell believe in him as the starter then I am behind him 100%. Just seeing an over abundance of young linebackers with not enough spots to go around.
                          This might be straight emotions talking but whatever:

Hell NO!!! Chase came off the couch last year and was a pivotal part of out defense (Including that interception in the Super Bowl). The Giants should keep him even if Herzlich beats him out. Chase has a huge heart and I can see him as a great role model and a huge asset in the locker room.

Comment

I would cut Paysinger, Sintim, and Muasau before I cut chase. Besides the fact that chase made critical INTs, special team tackles, and solidified our defence, the three I mention have done 0 for this team.
                            Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

Even if Herz gets the start, I like the idea of having a reliable backup around, especially one with the motor and knowledge of our defense that Chase has...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                              X