Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just curious what you guys think about CARR?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just curious what you guys think about CARR?

I don't know much about him, but dude sure can run. Also, he seemed comfortable out there. What do you guys think about him?
    MANNING TO CRUZ....

above average serviceable back up. could of been good if the texans had an O-line to begin with, but he knew what he was getting into with an expansion team.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Comment

As fast as he is and even the fact that he was a #1 pick and starter in the league for years he STILL holds on to the ball way too long many times. He needs to throw the ****er or run past the LOS......
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

we should try him at running back. or h-back. that stands for white running back, right?

Comment

He never got over his time in Texas. He still hears footsteps on almost every play. He is a reliable backup though. Doesn't have the hilarity factor that J-Load had, but I'm still glad to have him.

Comment

One of the best backups in the league.

Comment

He's no Tim Tebow.

Thank goodness for that.
              GO JAI-YANTS!!

Comment

He'll do for now, but I'd like to Giants to investigate the future of that position. That is, find someone who has potential to be more than a backup.

With Carr at starting QB, I think the Giants would go 5-11.

Comment

Good back-up QB for sure. I feel comfortable with him back there.

Comment

Originally posted by RagTime Blue View Post
                    He'll do for now, but I'd like to Giants to investigate the future of that position. That is, find someone who has potential to be more than a backup.

"Someone who has potential to be more than a backup"? What does that mean? A starting QB to be a back up to Eli?

Good luck finding a QB of starting quality to accept sitting on the bench--and accepting a back-up's pay, because the Giants are not going to pay starter salary for a back-up--for the next 6-7 years.

And if circumstances dictated Carr being our starter for an entire season, we'd have far greater concerns than having Carr being our starter for an entire season.

Comment

Originally posted by RagTime Blue View Post

Yeah, I see what you are saying. Invest in a potential qb who can learn the position from the ground up and learn from the best: Eli and the Giants coaching staff, learn to read defenses and throw a tight spiral. Continually learning, until he is needed. Sort of like Danny White played behind Staubach all those years until he was needed. Takes a selfless player though.

Comment

Originally posted by ashleymarie View Post
                        Yeah, I see what you are saying. Invest in a potential qb who can learn the position from the ground up and learn from the best: Eli and the Giants coaching staff, learn to read defenses and throw a tight spiral. Continually learning, until he is needed. Sort of like Danny White played behind Staubach all those years until he was needed. Takes a selfless player though.
                        I think that will be addressed in the draft one or two years from now. The Patriots drafted Ryan Mallett last year, who is seemingly intended to be groomed into the future starting QB for the Patriots after Brady retires.

Of course, these matters can be hit-or-miss. In cases like the Packers (following up Favre with Rodgers), it can make a team dominant over many decades. but if you screw it up you can risk sending your team into obscurity. I think Jerry Reese is good enough to deliver our future though...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Not only did he start all those years for the Texans the 49ers brought him in to challenge Alex Smith not too long ago...
                          8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

As far as back up QBs go, I think Carr is probably one of the best in the league. He knows the offense now since he has been here for years, and he has ability. There aren't many good back up QBs out there. And the ones that have success are the veterans that have had experience as a starter.

Thank God it hasn't been an issue for us. But I think Carr gives us the best chance of maintaining some success if "it" ever did happen. I am perfectly happy keeping Carr around as long as he will stay.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen46 View Post
                              "Someone who has potential to be more than a backup"? What does that mean? A starting QB to be a back up to Eli?

Good luck finding a QB of starting quality to accept sitting on the bench--and accepting a back-up's pay, because the Giants are not going to pay starter salary for a back-up--for the next 6-7 years.

And if circumstances dictated Carr being our starter for an entire season, we'd have far greater concerns than having Carr being our starter for an entire season.
                              Just because a guy is a backup doesn't mean that's all he can ever be. If a guy has the potential to be more than a backup, it doesn't mean that he's going to expect a starter's salary.

It's the hardest position to play, the margin for error is small. Sometimes it's just a small difference that makes one guy a starter and another a backup. At any point though, there's the potential for the light bulb to turn on in the backup's brain and he can end up playing better on game day.

“Basically just stay with your man,” cornerback Janoris Jenkins said. “Follow him everywhere you go. Even if he goes to the bathroom, follow him.”

Comment

Working...
                              X