Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Antrel rolle played last season with rotator cuff tears in both of his shoulders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antrel rolle played last season with rotator cuff tears in both of his shoulders

ANTREL ROLLE stated in a interview in the NY POST that he played the final quarter of last season with rotator cuff tears in both of his shoulders. He stated the first tear came in the December 11 Dallas Game and the second shoulder got torn in the Atlanta playoff game. He went on to state that he refused to get x-rays because he feared the Giants would shut him down. He stead he played thru the pain which was so bad he couldn't move his shoulders but he was focused on the "ALL IN" motto and he taped up both shoulders and got shot up with some type of pain killer. If everyone remembers he was the one who caught heat for telling fellow Giants who where hurt to "suit up and play if you could walk" and he caught heat for it. This guy is a warrior and is a true Giant. He put the team first. IMO If this guy shut down which he could have legitimately done so, there would be no SuperBowl Championship XLVI Trophy in sitting in GIANTS STADIUM today. THANK YOU ANTREL FOR YOUR SACRIFICE. YOU ARE INDEED A TRUE GIANT
    Last edited by NYGiantsFan56; 08-13-2012, 08:59 AM.

Nice. I also remember Tryon playing through a broken forearm, and making a tackle to save the game with it.
    WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

I thought you couldn't even raise your arms above your shoulders with a rotator cuff tear..?

Comment

Originally posted by Jahh View Post
        I thought you couldn't even raise your arms above your shoulders with a rotator cuff tear..?
        You can't. The article says that he stated he could not raise both of his arms above his shoulder and when he tried the pain was unbearable. He stated he had the Giants Trainers tape both shoulders tight and they shot him up.

Comment

Damn, that's rough. Is this an article by Paul Schwartz?

Comment

Rolle is a Beast.
            Originally posted by PennState1
            In and around the end zone and on crucial plays, the ball should go to one of our 3 receivers and no one else if at all possible.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
              Nice. I also remember Tryon playing through a broken forearm, and making a tackle to save the game with it.
              It wasn't to save the game, but it was incredible coverage downfield on the punt team.

Comment

I used to think Rolle was a bit of an ***, but once we went on that SB run (starting with the Jets game), I started seeing how he really bought into the Giants as a team. Last season he complained about being a nickel corner, now he said he'll do whatever the team needs of him...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGiantsFan56 View Post
                  ANTREL ROLLE stated in a interview in the NY POST that he played the final quarter of last season with rotator cuff tears in both of his shoulders. He stated the first tear came in the December 11 Dallas Game and the second shoulder got torn in the Atlanta playoff game. He went on to state that he refused to get x-rays because he feared the Giants would shut him down. He stead he played thru the pain which was so bad he couldn't move his shoulders but he was focused on the "ALL IN" motto and he taped up both shoulders and got shot up with some type of pain killer. If everyone remembers he was the one who caught heat for telling fellow Giants who where hurt to "suit up and play if you could walk" and he caught heat for it. This guy is a warrior and is a true Giant. He put the team first. IMO If this guy shut down which he could have legitimately done so, there would be no SuperBowl Championship XLVI Trophy in sitting in GIANTS STADIUM today. THANK YOU ANTREL FOR YOUR SACRIFICE. YOU ARE INDEED A TRUE GIANT
                  Rolle is one tough dude. I read the article and it stated he wanted to lead by example. He was preaching that the players should play through injuries and he played through his.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach Carter View Post
                    Rolle is a Beast.
                    You are right about that. One hell of a beast. The guy just bought into the "ALL IN" philosophy and "TEAM FIRST" philosophy that the Giants and Coughlin preach. This why they are going deep and all the way this year. TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jahh View Post
                      Damn, that's rough. Is this an article by Paul Schwartz?
                      Think so. Its online on NY Post Website. Its the lead article in sports

Comment

Originally posted by NYGiantsFan56 View Post
                        Think so. Its online on NY Post Website. Its the lead article in sports
                        He is a little bit of a loose cannon but in the end the guy is all about winning. He has also adjusted quite a bit to Coughlin's style over the past few years. He is more than willing to be the vocal leader every team needs. He also backs it up. Go Giants!!
                        No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

My respect for Rolle just doubled.

No one can say that Rolle isn't ALL IN!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by B-Red22 View Post
                            It wasn't to save the game, but it was incredible coverage downfield on the punt team.
                            This is why I am so happy we kept Tryon. He is determined even with a broken arm. Rolle is in the same boat as far as Im concerned. These guys are tough SOBs. Tryon made this tackle with his arm looking like this. Crazy pain tolerance.
                            WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Tough guy performances like the one Rolle put on last season is what the Giants history is all about. Love it.

Comment

Working...
                              X