• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowboys have this at LT....

Tyron Smith
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-tyron-smith/

AND WE HAVE:

A guy who worries about what mattress he's sleeping on to get him on the field!

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...eturns_to.html

Its been proven though that you don't need an elite LT to win championships. Eli has done a good job of feeling the pressure and getting rid of the ball when needed.

Comment

1st world problems for Beatty

Comment

Originally posted by Jahh View Post
        Its been proven though that you don't need an elite LT to win championships. Eli has done a good job of feeling the pressure and getting rid of the ball when needed.
        Have you even looked at our schedule this year? Do you know how many times Eli had to pull games out of his a** last year? He's a franchise QB but that last time I looked I didn't see a cape with an 'S' on it. If you don't protect him you can just throw out the idea of us making the playoffs right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Snappinnecks View Post
          Have you even looked at our schedule this year? Do you know how many times Eli had to pull games out of his a** last year? He's a franchise QB but that last time I looked I didn't see a cape with an 'S' on it. If you don't protect him you can just throw out the idea of us making the playoffs right now.

Yepp, exactly. And it's not even about the QB - it's also involves the running backs. Hopefully they can create holes for Bradshaw and co. depending on who gets that #2 and #3 spots.

Comment

wait, the same t.smith who got burned by us in both games last season? Odd bc Tuck, Osi, and JPP all had good games lined up against him with sacks and pressures, in fact I hadnt even remembered him during our matchups bc we really had no issue vs the dallas OL last season, it wasnt like he stood out. All 3 of our de's got sacks lined up across smith...

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
              wait, the same t.smith who got burned by us in both games last season? Odd bc Tuck, Osi, and JPP all had good games lined up against him with sacks and pressures, in fact I hadnt even remembered him during our matchups bc we really had no issue vs the dallas OL last season, it wasnt like he stood out. All 3 of our de's got sacks lined up across smith...
              That was his rookie year

Comment

Originally posted by Moke View Post
                Yepp, exactly. And it's not even about the QB - it's also involves the running backs. Hopefully they can create holes for Bradshaw and co. depending on who gets that #2 and #3 spots.
                I just don't see how we are any worse off than last year. We will be fine.

Comment

The great thing here is that Tyron Smith can't simultaneously play LT and RT... which means that he can't stop Tuck JPP and Osi all at the same time.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Jahh View Post
                    I just don't see how we are any worse off than last year. We will be fine.

Exactly. We didn't really have a scary running game at all. We'll be fine in the passing game, but running?

Comment

so...?the article makes him out to be this perfect LT and he isn't. Our OL ended up doing a better job vs Ware than Smith did against our 3 de's. i know smith has a lot of potential, but so does JPP, and TUck and Osi can make even the best look bad, so I am not worried at all. Beatty held is own against Orakpo and Cole, and both those guys are similar to Ware in that the are great pass rushers...

great point toad

Comment

Originally posted by Moke View Post
                        Exactly. We didn't really have a scary running game at all. We'll be fine in the passing game, but running?
                        We added some pieces to help the running game, I think. Martellus and David Wilson I think will both help and fact is players can improve or regress from year to year. I think the running game will improve simply from progressing from last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                          The great thing here is that Tyron Smith can't simultaneously play LT and RT... which means that he can't stop Tuck JPP and Osi all at the same time.
                          i can go with this one. true statement

Comment

As long as Wilson can resist the temptation to reverse field (and risk a TFHL, tackle for HUGE loss), our running game will be much improved...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Tyron Smith is going to be a good one... and I dont like it

Comment

Working...
                              X