Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you think will be better Wilson or Martin?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you think will be better Wilson or Martin?

Only reason why I ask is because everybody said Tampa Bay stole him from us. I see Wilson being better I am not just saying that cause he's a Giant. I just think he's more of a dynamic runner and he displayed some power on that on run to the sideline. He can also catch the ball well. I think him and Martellus Bennet are going to be deadly on screens something the Giants weren't very good at ever. Everyone in the media says that or running game got worse cause of the loss of Jacobs( who looked good in his debut) is dead wrong.
    sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

David WIlson,

He also had more yard versus Trent Richardson Last year , and more yards after contact versus anyone last year

Comment

Tampa Bay sucks and Martin will suck under their system. I can see David Wilson having a better career.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShouldersOf View Post
        David WIlson,

He also had more yard versus Trent Richardson Last year , and more yards after contact versus anyone last year
        Yeah I never really cared for Trent he just came off as someone who just cares about himself yeah he played in the SEC but he is not going to be able to bully guys around in the NFL, I thought Wilson to me was the #1 back in the draft I just thought his style suited the NFL best and I am glad the Giants got him.

Comment

Originally posted by Moke View Post
          Tampa Bay sucks and Martin will suck under their system. I can see David Wilson having a better career.
          lol, ok, Ill take the unbiased approach.

David Wilson looks very good out there, but our Oline is not what it was a few years ago and we havent really done much to try to improve it. If you notice, his runs were like 17, and 26, then 0, -1 and -5. He has the big play ability, and elusiveness and strength to keep runs alive when bottled up, but he got hit hard a few times in the backfield and that is exactly what scares me. Last year, Jacobs and Bradshaw and even Ware were all hit a ton behind the LOS.

Doug Martin is going to be a solid back for TB. TB doesnt have the greatest OL, but right now, I think it may be better then ours by getting Nicks.

The one thing that stands out to me though it the recent 1st rounders we chose worked for us. Nicks over Britt, JPP over Derek Morgan / Brandon Graham, Kenny Phillips over Tyrell Johnson. So hopefully Reese was telling the truth when he said he was taking Wilson over Martin.
          WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Tampa Bay does suck I hate Greg S. he is a Belichick wanna be and Josh Freeman is overrated but I don't know how Martin is going to do we'll have to wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

David Wilson looks very good out there, but our Oline is not what it was a few years ago and we havent really done much to try to improve it. If you notice, his runs were like 17, and 26, then 0, -1 and -5. He has the big play ability, and elusiveness and strength to keep runs alive when bottled up, but he got hit hard a few times in the backfield and that is exactly what scares me. Last year, Jacobs and Bradshaw and even Ware were all hit a ton behind the LOS.

Doug Martin is going to be a solid back for TB. TB doesnt have the greatest OL, but right now, I think it may be better then ours by getting Nicks.

The one thing that stands out to me though it the recent 1st rounders we chose worked for us. Nicks over Britt, JPP over Derek Morgan / Brandon Graham, Kenny Phillips over Tyrell Johnson. So hopefully Reese was telling the truth when he said he was taking Wilson over Martin.
              Oh, so my view was biased. Go check my other posts from this account and my old account and you can see how "BIASED" I am.

My apologies for not agreeing with the "analyst"

Comment

Oh, so my view was biased. Go check my other posts from this account and my old account and you can see how "BIASED" I am.

My apologies for not agreeing with the "analyst"
                Whoa, calm down...

Comment

Whoa, calm down...
                  I am calmed, but you're first statement was provoking.

Comment

I am a huge Wilson fan, but THIS YEAR Martin is likely to get more carries than Wilson. I think Wilson will have the better career tho
                    sigpic

Comment

both will be good.. I like Wilson more and do believe that Reese really did have a better grade on him..

Comment

I think JR was telling the truth cause he just seem like his type of player Wilson played in a better conference and has everything Martin has so it's like splitting hairs but I think he wanted him.
                        Our O-line is bad but with a year together under their belt I expect them to be a lot better and Wilson's style of runner is perfect for us we may lose yard sometimes but every back does, but anyway with his elusiveness he also can turn something into nothing and then you got the power with AB so I think the run game will be better then Tampa's cause of our QB being able to open up the run game with the pass 1st.

Comment

I am calmed, but you're first statement was provoking.
                          By saying TB sucks and Martin will suck under their system sounds a bit like sour grapes to me. Maybe its not. But I dont think TB sucks at all. Last year they were bad, sure, but they added a ton of fire power which will help them open up the field for Martin.

I actually think TB makes it back to the playoffs this season, or at least in the chase.

Comment

By saying TB sucks and Martin will suck under their system sounds a bit like sour grapes to me. Maybe its not. But I dont think TB sucks at all. Last year they were bad, sure, but they added a ton of fire power which will help them open up the field for Martin.

I actually think TB makes it back to the playoffs this season, or at least in the chase.
                            WOW really I don't think they will get in the Saints still are a very good team Atlanta is good Carolina is good and I think all those teams QB's are better the Freeman I think I think the Eagles, Giants, Packers, Bears, Saints, and 49ers get into they playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
                              WOW really I don't think they will get in the Saints still are a very good team Atlanta is good Carolina is good and I think all those teams QB's are better the Freeman I think I think the Eagles, Giants, Packers, Bears, Saints, and 49ers get into they playoffs.
                              Everyone forgets they were 10-6 2 years ago and still have most the same guys, plus some new big time peices like Vincent Jackson and Carl Nicks on offense and Mark Barron on D, who I think is going to be great in their defense. I think the NFC south is a very tough division so they may miss out, but I could see them getting 9 wins, at least go 8-8. They dont "suck".

Plus, their schedule is a lot easier then it has been the past few seasons. They have the 27th toughest schedule in the NFL as to our 1st toughest.
                              Last edited by TheAnalyst; 08-13-2012, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X