Did anyone watch BJ run this week

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone watch BJ run this week

4 carries 31 yards was it? SF had a ton of yards. Amazing what can happen with a good line. What do you guys think?
    Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

i saw two of his runs. a short one and the long one he had. he looked good!
    sigpic

Comment

looked weird in a SF jersey.. #45 looks strange on him too

Comment

Yeah he looked really good, so did Kendall Hunter.
        My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

sigh* i've been saying this forever, give the big guy some gap time and he runs hard and strong. BJ was never the problem it was the line, but fans and analyst need an easy way to explain why he could run as forceful as he used to so they blamed him. personally i wish we would of retained him for the extra half a mil

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
          @Katdaddyjay 17h
          @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
          http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by rainierjef View Post
            sigh* i've been saying this forever, give the big guy some gap time and he runs hard and strong. BJ was never the problem it was the line, but fans and analyst need an easy way to explain why he could run as forceful as he used to so they blamed him. personally i wish we would of retained him for the extra half a mil
            I keep saying the same thing. Great Olines can make any RB look great and bad Olines can make any RB look bad. Unfortunately, we have a below average oline right now, proved by our 32nd rush attack last year. Remember how great a team we had in 2008 when Jacobs and Ward had 1k yards?
            WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Originally posted by appodictic View Post
              4 carries 31 yards was it? SF had a ton of yards. Amazing what can happen with a good line. What do you guys think?
              I think its one preseason game and Jacobs had some good carries....

so what
              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

personally i wish we would of retained him for the extra half a mil
                So he could run equally as ineffective behind our line? We need a RB to make the line, not the other way around.

Comment

Its a chemistry.....cant blame the line 100%......no way...
                  "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                  You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I predicted that him and MM will do good with the 49ers so we are going to see those predictions come out just like I have said. Watch BJ new and improve runner show you that a lot of you don't know football like you think you do. You see BJ had to change his running style a little. The tiptoe needs to happen in some plays. A rb with his style can't just think he is going to plow over defenders all of the time when they are going after his legs like defenses did when he was with the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
                      I predicted that him and MM will do good with the 49ers so we are going to see those predictions come out just like I have said. Watch BJ new and improve runner show you that a lot of you don't know football like you think you do. You see BJ had to change his running style a little. The tiptoe needs to happen in some plays. A rb with his style can't just think he is going to plow over defenders all of the time when they are going after his legs like defenses did when he was with the team.
                      Tip toeing was just the title assigned to Jacobs having to stop his feet, and slow acceleration, in which case is never good for a RB. Anticipating the hole is very important for a RB, especially with a OL that can't sustain a block too long.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                        Tip toeing was just the title assigned to Jacobs having to stop his feet, and slow acceleration, in which case is never good for a RB. Anticipating the hole is very important for a RB, especially with a OL that can't sustain a block too long.
                        Yeah if there is a hole but in a lot of his runs, there were no holes. If he ran hard in all of those runs, then he would get injured again. Yet with his new and improve O-line with the 49ers, he will not have to tiptoe and he won't either cause BJ is still a good back and is smart to cause he knew with the Giants that the O-line was not what is use to be.

Comment

If he ran hard in all of those runs, then he would get injured again. Yet with his new and improve O-line with the 49ers, he will not have to tiptoe and he won't either cause BJ is still a good back and is smart to cause he knew with the Giants that the O-line was not what is use to be.
                          He also will get almost no carries, with an impressive Kendall Hunter, and Frank Gore. Let's not forget they also drafted LaMichael James who will steal touches, and Jacobs will be reserved to short yardage, which he doesn't impress me in.

Okay, he will have a new OL, but the formula is the same, make him stop his feet, and anyone can tackle a monstrosity that isn't moving.

Meanwhile, here in NY, we need a RB who can anticipate and hit the hole quickly, with square shoulders -- NOT a guy who sees a hole close and stops his feet, and doesn't have the acceleration to start them again. Wilson has that acceleration. A healthy Bradshaw has that acceleration. Jacobs doesn't. He is a build up speed guy, I don't dispute how dangerous he is in between the numbers running past 8 yards, he's filthy in that regard. There was no improv to Jacobs game towards the end. He is purely a product of the OL now, and he can be dangerous in that role in that SF.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                            He also will get almost no carries, with an impressive Kendall Hunter, and Frank Gore. Let's not forget they also drafted LaMichael James who will steal touches, and Jacobs will be reserved to short yardage, which he doesn't impress me in.

Okay, he will have a new OL, but the formula is the same, make him stop his feet, and anyone can tackle a monstrosity that isn't moving.

Meanwhile, here in NY, we need a RB who can anticipate and hit the hole quickly, with square shoulders -- NOT a guy who sees a hole close and stops his feet, and doesn't have the acceleration to start them again. Wilson has that acceleration. A healthy Bradshaw has that acceleration. Jacobs doesn't. He is a build up speed guy, I don't dispute how dangerous he is in between the numbers running past 8 yards, he's filthy in that regard. There was no improv to Jacobs game towards the end. He is purely a product of the OL now, and he can be dangerous in that role in that SF.
                            Look, my prediction is that he will do good with the 49ers and that means have success and he will do that even with the other guys coming in. Yet I guess you think that success is only him getting a thousand yards in the whole season. Well he having success can be he has a good yard per average and even some catches with the carries he gets.

Now, I have been studying football for many years and know that there are only 5 main blockers. Those blockers can only block so many men. Sometimes they will need extra help. All backs are products of the O-line even Barry Sanders. The O-line has got to take defenders away so that the back has a chance to make moves. That same O-line may not be able to provide enough protection either so sometimes the back will have to do things on his own.

Then you have football plays. Some of those plays calls for a back to run fast as he can through a hole. Yet if there is a defender around that hole and he is a good one, then most likely there is going to be a battle between the unblock player and back. No back can get short yardage on his own all of the time and the O-line still has got to block well on a good amount of them. All you need to do is study the different types of plays. I know you didn't cause your post is mechanicle. You make it seems that all plays are the same and all backs need to run hard when not all plays and blocking schemes aren't designed for smash mouth football. Even with some plays that calls for backs with styles like BJ. If there is no hole then what the back is suppose to do run and hit defenders and get hurt all of the time. BJ did that a lot with us and he said f that.

Comment

Look, my prediction is that he will do good with the 49ers and that means have success and he will do that even with the other guys coming in. Yet I guess you think that success is only him getting a thousand yards in the whole season. Well he having success can be he has a good yard per average and even some catches with the carries he gets.

Now, I have been studying football for many years and know that there are only 5 main blockers. Those blockers can only block so many men. Sometimes they will need extra help. All backs are products of the O-line even Barry Sanders. The O-line has got to take defenders away so that the back has a chance to make moves. That same O-line may not be able to provide enough protection either so sometimes the back will have to do things on his own.

Then you have football plays. Some of those plays calls for a back to run fast as he can through a hole. Yet if there is a defender around that hole and he is a good one, then most likely there is going to be a battle between the unblock player and back. No back can get short yardage on his own all of the time and the O-line still has got to block well on a good amount of them. All you need to do is study the different types of plays. I know you didn't cause your post is mechanicle. You make it seems that all plays are the same and all backs need to run hard when not all plays and blocking schemes aren't designed for smash mouth football. Even with some plays that calls for backs with styles like BJ. If there is no hole then what the back is suppose to do run and hit defenders and get hurt all of the time. BJ did that a lot with us and he said f that.
                              Not really getting what you are saying, because you are being pretty unclear, and ambiguous.

Here is my thought process, there are good RBs, and there are average RBs, and there are ****ty RBs. They are not an exclusive position with different rules. The best RBs are the ones that make their offensive line. This might get a little confusing, so ask me to slow down when necessary:

Most teams run a 4-3, or a 3-4. That leaves 7 men in the box to my count. Depending on the determined skill of the RB (not the OL, the RB does actually have skill, they aren't just the OL's puppet), teams will determine to drop a safety in the box. When that happens, that is called "stacking the box", or "8 men in the box" (if you're better with numbers). Jacobs is what many would call a front side runner, simply meaning that he isn't a huge threat to cut it back, so defenses play RBs (notice I said RBs, not the OL) with a safety in the RBs face, NOT the backside. So what is the picture looking like right now? Simple, 8 guys to block, and only 5-6 guys in the box blocking. RBs are ALWAYS at a numbers disadvantage, that is why it is crucial to have a RB that can make defenders miss, or break tackles on his own, to negate the numbers advantage. And we aren't even talking executed blocks. Blocks are almost never executed perfectly. All RBs need to be able to improv. Cut back runners need to threaten the whole entire offensive line with cutbacks, and front side runners need to keep their feet moving and hit holes hard.

Let me hear your studies on all the different formations, and let me act like I'm listening to groundbreaking material.

Comment

Working...
                              X