Absence of Phillips was felt...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absence of Phillips was felt...

I am not to worried about our secondary even though there is obvious concern when it comes to our inexperienced LB's, but i see that improving with time. I think todays game was an indication. Jason Witten only had 3 catches for 12 yards.

We also have a reliable/shutdown corner in Corey Webster although Ross and Prince giveth and taketh away (hopefully prince will clean up rookie mistakes). That wont matter if our pass rush returns to full force (the return of Osi).

The return of Phillips will instantly eliminate those big plays down field (today being the only game i've seen that all season and maybe saints). I hope now some fans feel Kenny's value to this team.

Re: Absence of Phillips was felt...

I wish Tuck's presence was MORE felt.

Comment

Did you notice that when he left the game, how much worse our D played as a whole? It's crazy. I really hope this toe thing is minor because if hes anywhere close to 100%, then our D is be beastly.

[quote user="DJloves"]I wish Tuck's presence was MORE felt.
      [/quote]

Comment

[quote user="NYGiant92"]I am not to worried about our secondary even though there is obvious concern when it comes to our inexperienced LB's, but i see that improving with time. I think todays game was an indication. Jason Witten only had 3 catches for 12 yards.

We also have a reliable/shutdown corner in Corey Webster although Ross and Prince giveth and taketh away (hopefully prince will clean up rookie mistakes). That wont matter if our pass rush returns to full force (the return of Osi).

The return of Phillips will instantly eliminate those big plays down field (today being the only game i've seen that all season and maybe saints). I hope now some fans feel Kenny's value to this team.[/quote]
        The D stunk before KP got hurt, they stunk with him hurt. I did not notice that KP wasn't on the field.

Comment

Yea I didnt notice KP not playing either...the secondary still miscommunicates and leave opposing receivers wide open. I dont know how Fewell can get creative with a secondary who is always puzzled. Its crazy...if its man coverage they forget to cover the guy in front of them. And forget cover 2...or safeties seem to worried looking at tight ends and in the backfield.

Comment

Then you're a fool if u didn't notice those deep balls flying 60 yards downfield. Kenny Phillips is assigned the "deep safety" role for the most part and nothing flys that dar down the field. He is even getting pro bowl consideration.

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story/090...content_stream

[quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="NYGiant92"]I am not to worried about our secondary even though there is obvious concern when it comes to our inexperienced LB's, but i see that improving with time. I think todays game was an indication. Jason Witten only had 3 catches for 12 yards.

The return of Phillips will instantly eliminate those big plays down field (today being the only game i've seen that all season and maybe saints). I hope now some fans feel Kenny's value to this team.[/quote]
            The D stunk before KP got hurt, they stunk with him hurt. I did not notice that KP wasn't on the field.[/quote]

Comment

There are some obvious miscommunications, but you cannot doubt the fact that there were plenty of them today and even when Phillips is playing, he is never the one that is out of position. He shuts it down.

[quote user="T-Murda84"]Yea I didnt notice KP not playing either...the secondary still miscommunicates and leave opposing receivers wide open. I dont know how Fewell can get creative with a secondary who is always puzzled. Its crazy...if its man coverage they forget to cover the guy in front of them. And forget cover 2...or safeties seem to worried looking at tight ends and in the backfield.[/quote]

Comment

[quote user="NYGiant92"]Then you're a fool if u didn't notice those deep balls flying 60 yards downfield. Kenny Phillips is assigned the "deep safety" role for the most part and nothing flys that dar down the field. He is even getting pro bowl consideration.

[quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="NYGiant92"]I am not to worried about our secondary even though there is obvious concern when it comes to our inexperienced LB's, but i see that improving with time. I think todays game was an indication. Jason Witten only had 3 catches for 12 yards.

The D stunk before KP got hurt, they stunk with him hurt. I did not notice that KP wasn't on the field.[/quote][/quote]
                It doesn't take a fool to notice the Giants D getting lit up when KP is in the game, or when he's injured. I'm not even knocking KP -- I just believe that something is seriously and fundamentally wrong with this D regardless of WHO is in it.

Comment

Most of the miscommunication is opposite of Phillips (Grant and Rolle). I guess this is where the Thomas injury kills cause Rolle said himself that they had chemistry. That's still no excuse considering how far we are into the season. There has been plenty of time to build chemistry with the other corners.

Comment

I understand that, but i think today we were getting lit up from a safety perspective and thats due to his absence. In games past, it was mostly the LB's and somtimes safety.

I would just really like an explanation for all this. Is our D really that complex?

[quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="NYGiant92"]Then you're a fool if u didn't notice those deep balls flying 60 yards downfield. Kenny Phillips is assigned the "deep safety" role for the most part and nothing flys that dar down the field. He is even getting pro bowl consideration.

The D stunk before KP got hurt, they stunk with him hurt. I did not notice that KP wasn't on the field.[/quote][/quote]
                    It doesn't take a fool to notice the Giants D getting lit up when KP is in the game, or when he's injured. I'm not even knocking KP -- I just believe that something is seriously and fundamentally wrong with this D regardless of WHO is in it.[/quote]

Comment

bump

Comment

I guess Sash is just worthless??? He seems like the type that can play in Grandpas position though stacking the box...
                        Go Giants!!!

Comment

Surprisingly, there was a lot more of Grant than Sash when it was initially reported that Sash would get the start. I'm pretty sure Sash is much faster than Grant at this point. I think Grant should remain a situational LB on passing downs and in the box safety.

[quote user="Tony Bruno"]I guess Sash is just worthless??? He seems like the type that can play in Grandpas position though stacking the box...[/quote]

Comment

[quote user="NYGiant92"]Surprisingly, there was a lot more of Grant than Sash when it was initially reported that Sash would get the start. I'm pretty sure Sash is much faster than Grant at this point. I think Grant should remain a situational LB on passing downs and in the box safety.

[quote user="Tony Bruno"]I guess Sash is just worthless??? He seems like the type that can play in Grandpas position though stacking the box...[/quote][/quote]Who reported Sash would start? Or even be effective forthat matter. Well other thansome sash baggers. Sure missed Kenny in run support.

Comment

yeah, Witten would have caught 10 balls had KP played. Like he usually does.....

Comment

Working...
                              X