Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

we might not have to deal with this week 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • we might not have to deal with this week 1

    Cowboys | Jason Witten injury update
    Wed, 15 Aug 2012 08:48:13 -0700

    Updating an ongoing story, Dallas Cowboys TE Jason Witten's (spleen) spleen is not believed to be ruptured. The hope is that no surgery is required with Witten possibly returning in two to three weeks.

    0 Comments | Source: ESPN - Ed Werder | Share:


    Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz23dJTQZpr
    sigpic
    FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

    2015 season tbd

  • #2
    Originally posted by ryan12 View Post
    Cowboys | Jason Witten injury update
    Wed, 15 Aug 2012 08:48:13 -0700

    Updating an ongoing story, Dallas Cowboys TE Jason Witten's (spleen) spleen is not believed to be ruptured. The hope is that no surgery is required with Witten possibly returning in two to three weeks.

    0 Comments | Source: ESPN - Ed Werder | Share:


    Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz23dJTQZpr
    Don't count on him missing game 1. I want them at full strength anyway, don't want to hear any excuses.
    Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by repeatchamps View Post
      Don't count on him missing game 1. I want them at full strength anyway, don't want to hear any excuses.
      This.

      I respect Witten a lot actually. He's a good guy and a hard-nosed football player that just so happens to be playing for the enemy.

      Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

      Comment


      • #4
        good points guys
        sigpic
        FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

        2015 season tbd

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Giantz4Life View Post
          This.

          I respect Witten a lot actually. He's a good guy and a hard-nosed football player that just so happens to be playing for the enemy.
          Fully agree with your assessment about Witten. He has all the qualities that you'd want in a Giants player.

          Comment


          • #6
            Jason Witten doesn't miss games. In his career he has missed only one game.
            Depending on the severity of the injury, he could miss a few weeks, or a few months.
            Last edited by primetime; 08-15-2012, 01:23 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              even if he plays, how effective is he gonna be not being able to practice or stay in game ready shape? and i believe he won't play anyways. he'll either need more rest/ or surgery.

              and isnt it just a shame how dallas doesnt have bennett anymore? if witten can't go, and bennett plays a part when we win, i wonder how cowboy nation will take it...lmao. i never root for injuries at all, but in this case i hope witten cant play, or is highly ineffective (which is really the only two possible scenarios) and bennett has a solid game, just so that all those boys fans who said bennett was such a talented prospect until he signed with us when he all of a sudden became a joke...well joke looks like its on them.

              and the injury occurred when romo started running around behind the LOS when he then led Witten right into a devastating legal hit...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by repeatchamps View Post
                Don't count on him missing game 1. I want them at full strength anyway, don't want to hear any excuses.
                Don't care about excuses. We're the SB champs

                Comment


                • #9
                  Wed, 15 Aug 2012 08:09:42 -0700

                  Dallas Cowboys TE Jason Witten (spleen) suffered a spleen injury in the team's preseason opener and will miss the rest of the preseason, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. At this time, it's not believed that surgery will be required; however, it hasn't completely been ruled out. Witten has not yet been ruled out for Week 1.

                  Fantasy Tip: Any case of internal bleeding complicates a recovery timetable, and surgery would probably sideline him indefinitely.



                  Read more: http://www.kffl.com/player/5916/NFL/...#ixzz23dXjKSku

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    if he misses all of preseason, and isnt 100%, i'd rather he played. he'll just be occupying a position without doing anything from a position that has hurt us in the past. how ready would u think he could be if he misses all of preseason? what kind of timing/chemistry would he have with romo during the first real live action? what kind of blocking can he do?
                    seems to me playing him would severely handicap what the cowboys could do offensively. and of course if he doesnt play, romos safety outlet and primary target wouldnt be something we'd have to focus/worry about.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by repeatchamps View Post
                      Don't count on him missing game 1. I want them at full strength anyway, don't want to hear any excuses.
                      +1
                      After all, I don't want to have to hear about how "they lost, we didn't win".

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        dallas is having SERIOUS issues. Mo Clairborne has missed all of the offseason practically. He'll have a season like Prince had early on. They dont have the players at safety to slow us down. I feel Brandon Carr is way overrated and that he plays small, but that is just my opinion and he could play well this season i just doubt it bc he will be going up against legit wrs insteada the competition he faced in KC.
                        Dallas also has a TERRIBLE OL, with their interior being especially horrible. they dont have a 3rd wr to worry about, and now Witten will be a fraction of himself for week 1 at least. if he has surgery, his season will be up in the air...

                        and to add salt to their wound, they have to play us on opening day with a chip on our shoulders. no not championchip, but the disrespect we've faced this offseason. we are going to destroy dallas and thats whether they are healthy or not...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I dont expect him out, but Im not crying if he is. We have some guys out. I want any advantage we can get. Witten is a class act though so I wish him well.
                          WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Wed, 15 Aug 2012 09:49:06 -0700

                            Updating previous items, the Dallas Cowboys still have not determined the seriousness of the injury to TE Jason Witten (spleen), although early evaluations have indicated that Witten's spleen is not ruptured, according to a team source. Witten experienced internal bleeding but still could avoid surgery. Witten will miss the remainder of the preseason and will be evaluated prior to Week 1, according to the source. If surgery is not required, Witten is expected to miss up to three weeks but likely would be available for Week 1; however, if the bleeding continues and he needs surgery, Witten would be sidelined indefinitely.



                            Read more: http://www.kffl.com/player/5916/NFL/...#ixzz23dZqXaq7

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                              Wed, 15 Aug 2012 09:49:06 -0700

                              Updating previous items, the Dallas Cowboys still have not determined the seriousness of the injury to TE Jason Witten (spleen), although early evaluations have indicated that Witten's spleen is not ruptured, according to a team source. Witten experienced internal bleeding but still could avoid surgery. Witten will miss the remainder of the preseason and will be evaluated prior to Week 1, according to the source. If surgery is not required, Witten is expected to miss up to three weeks but likely would be available for Week 1; however, if the bleeding continues and he needs surgery, Witten would be sidelined indefinitely.



                              Read more: http://www.kffl.com/player/5916/NFL/...#ixzz23dZqXaq7
                              if he's bleeding internally, he needs to get that fixed through surgery. i can understand dallas being hopeful in this situation, but imo, witten will miss some time and even if he can play week 1, will not be a factor at all and would actually hurt dallas imo...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X