Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We've had enough time to settle in on the new boards............

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We've had enough time to settle in on the new boards............

It is time to rate it on a 10 point scale where 10 is absolutely perfect.

Then tell us why you rate it as such and tell us whether you like it more or less than the old boards.

Let me start

I rate it a 9.1 (nothing gets a 10 from me)

I like the functionality, the ease of cutting and pasting, navigation etc.

Messaging etc is so much easier. I also like the ease of posting links.

I have seen some of the slowness mentioned by others when moving through internal links. Forward and back in the browser is fine.

I would add better and more smileys and icons

It is much better than the old boards.

One last thank-you to the mods and whoever is responsible for fixing early issues with great spead.

Here is where I would like to insert the beer mug.
    No one remembers who came in second.

I don't like the font and the visual design...functionally, it's good...

Comment

The board definitely gets a 10/10 for me. It's easy to navigate, nice emoticons, nice use of the text editor etc.

The only thing I want right now is to be able to get this forum on a smartphone app so there is smooth accessing of the boards.

Comment

I'm giving it a 7 based on the fact that I still have issues replying sometimes and there seems to be a large amnount of spam threads.
        I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

I also don't care for the difficultly is editing posts.
          I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Overall I'd say an 8/10. Easy to use, easy to post.

I hate having to sign in every 10 minutes. I also find it very difficult to use on my smart phone. Clicking on one link sends me to diffent links. Sometimes , I need to click about an inch higher to get to where I want to go. Anyone else having this issue? Besides that, I am very happy with this MB

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
              I think the editing is much easier than the old board. Maybe we are doing it differently? I hit edit, my post pops up, I edit the post then hit save. That's it.

Comment

I'm giving it a 7 based on the fact that I still have issues replying sometimes and there seems to be a large amnount of spam threads.
                There are a large number of spammers floating through here.

Comment

SPAM is just a curse we have to live with. Every poster can help by reporting spam when they see it. We aren't here 24/7 (although I come close lol). But I have elected to get an email when a poster reports spam or any infraction so, unless I'm sleeping, I try to login wherever I am, including via my Android. We do our best to keep up with it and, I think, we've gotten rid of all spam in pretty quick fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
                    Overall I'd say an 8/10. Easy to use, easy to post.

I hate having to sign in every 10 minutes. I also find it very difficult to use on my smart phone. Clicking on one link sends me to diffent links. Sometimes , I need to click about an inch higher to get to where I want to go. Anyone else having this issue? Besides that, I am very happy with this MB
                    That is an issue on cell phones. I can tap my screen and make the font larger which makes it hard to read everything because I have to scroll to see it all, but when I need to click on something it's much easier

Comment

What kind of problems are you having? It's really a pretty simple process to edit.

Comment

7 IM not found of the layout. I was also locked out of my old username.

Comment

Originally posted by Mod_C View Post
                          SPAM is just a curse we have to live with. Every poster can help by reporting spam when they see it. We aren't here 24/7 (although I come close lol). But I have elected to get an email when a poster reports spam or any infraction so, unless I'm sleeping, I try to login wherever I am, including via my Android. We do our best to keep up with it and, I think, we've gotten rid of all spam in pretty quick fashion.
                          What is the best way to do this, sending a PM to you with the title of the thread?

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                            What is the best way to do this, sending a PM to you with the title of the thread?
                            There is a lower task bar under every post. There is a triangle on the left side of that lower bar. Cursor over that triangle and you will see Report Post. Just follow the instructions and we get a report. I get it whether I'm logged in or not.

Comment

Originally posted by That Dude View Post
                              7 IM not found of the layout. I was also locked out of my old username.
                              Click on Contact Us at the bottom of the screen and we'll see if we can help with your old username.

Comment

Working...
                              X