Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow. Beckum over Trattou

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wow. Beckum over Trattou

    This speaks volumes of what the coaches think of Travis Beckum's ability. Even with all of our receiver depth, they chose to keep Beckum, rehabbing from an ACL tear, over Trattou, who has the heel thing going on. Maybe I was just hoping that Justin T. was going to be on the 53 the entire season....
    I hate Philthy. The teams, their fans, the city.

  • #2
    im surprised too. been good reports coming outta camp on trattou.

    i think the te situation and lack of ppl who fully grasp the playbook is what led to keeping beckum (up to this point at least). the FO has been really supporting beckum, they must see something in him...i do. i think he can be a viable option in the pass game

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
      im surprised too. been good reports coming outta camp on trattou.

      i think the te situation and lack of ppl who fully grasp the playbook is what led to keeping beckum (up to this point at least). the FO has been really supporting beckum, they must see something in him...i do. i think he can be a viable option in the pass game
      Dunno, my friend who went to UWisconson keeps on telling me that we got a steal. We'll see, but I sure hope so.
      http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
      http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
      http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

      Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

      Comment


      • #4
        kinda pissed about trattou i was expecting him to be this years tolefson
        sigpic
        FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

        2015 season tbd

        Comment


        • #5
          Adrian Tracy made it easy to cut Justin Trattou. Also doesn't help your cause when you're injured.
          As for Travis Beckum, he has 9 lives on this team...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by primetime View Post
            Adrian Tracy made it easy to cut Justin Trattou. Also doesn't help your cause when you're injured.
            As for Travis Beckum, he has 9 lives on this team...
            Beckum is either a good sized wide-out with below average speed for that position or an undersized TE with blocking skills that are way below what that position demands.

            Especially with a sub-par OL and plenty of WR I would think that our TEs need to be able to block like mad dogs first and foremost.
            No one remembers who came in second.

            Comment


            • #7
              Trattou will be probably be given another chance with the Giants when he heals up. Maybe he will catch on the practice squad later in the year or next season be invited 2 camp

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jomo View Post
                Beckum is either a good sized wide-out with below average speed for that position or an undersized TE with blocking skills that are way below what that position demands.

                Especially with a sub-par OL and plenty of WR I would think that our TEs need to be able to block like mad dogs first and foremost.
                Furthermore, I think it highly unlikely we keep 4 TEs. So who loses out if we eventually keep Beckum? Bennett is a lock.Robinson(4th roundpick) is likely a lock.

                that leaves Pascoe vs Beckum. Pascoe's versatilty would be missed. He plays more positions than just end line TE. He is the backup FB. He is our H-back.

                I said this offseason that if Joe Martinek could serve the role of backup FB / h-back then Pascoe's value would drop somewhat because he would be valuated purely as a TE. However, I have not been hearing much about Joe and the Giants have been using Pascoe quite a bit in camp/ Jags game. So I think Pascoe has to remain on the roster otherwise we lose our backup FB. Yet, another case where versatility helps a guy(pascoe) and lack of it hurts another guy(Beckum.)

                I also think the Giants bringing in a bunch of guys to try out for the slot WR position will hurt Beckum's chances. He did line up there quite often in the past.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jomo View Post
                  Beckum is either a good sized wide-out with below average speed for that position or an undersized TE with blocking skills that are way below what that position demands.

                  Especially with a sub-par OL and plenty of WR I would think that our TEs need to be able to block like mad dogs first and foremost.

                  ive been preaching this for years. amen brother. I dont see what the giants see in him...especially now after an ACL tear.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Travis Beckum and Ramses Barden are the new Sinorice Moss's.
                    Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by primetime View Post
                      Adrian Tracy made it easy to cut Justin Trattou. Also doesn't help your cause when you're injured.
                      As for Travis Beckum, he has 9 lives on this team...
                      Funny thing is, with the D-Line injuries, I thought we would be keeping as many D-Ends as we could to allow Tuck and JPP to slip inside and fill the void at DT.
                      I hate Philthy. The teams, their fans, the city.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                        Trattou will be probably be given another chance with the Giants when he heals up. Maybe he will catch on the practice squad later in the year or next season be invited 2 camp
                        Is he PS eligible? He had like 5 or 6 games on the 53 last season, didn't he? Not really sure of the requirements, please don't shoot me if I am incorrect.
                        I hate Philthy. The teams, their fans, the city.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                          Furthermore, I think it highly unlikely we keep 4 TEs. So who loses out if we eventually keep Beckum? Bennett is a lock.Robinson(4th roundpick) is likely a lock.

                          that leaves Pascoe vs Beckum. Pascoe's versatilty would be missed. He plays more positions than just end line TE. He is the backup FB. He is our H-back.

                          I said this offseason that if Joe Martinek could serve the role of backup FB / h-back then Pascoe's value would drop somewhat because he would be valuated purely as a TE. However, I have not been hearing much about Joe and the Giants have been using Pascoe quite a bit in camp/ Jags game. So I think Pascoe has to remain on the roster otherwise we lose our backup FB. Yet, another case where versatility helps a guy(pascoe) and lack of it hurts another guy(Beckum.)

                          I also think the Giants bringing in a bunch of guys to try out for the slot WR position will hurt Beckum's chances. He did line up there quite often in the past.
                          ..........and if Martinek can fill some of Pascoes role, that still doesn't make Beckum and NFL tight end.
                          No one remembers who came in second.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Is Travis Beckem the new SInorice Moss? sheesh he has 9 lives for sure.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              With the way Tracy has been playing I think that was an easy call for them; especially if Trattou would be hampered all year with that foot injury.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X