Lawrence Tynes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawrence Tynes

Tynes has been booming the ball on kickoffs. One knock I always had on him was his foot strength, but thus far this preseason, Tynes has been reach the back off the enzone consistently. This is obviously not a major topic, but making the the opposing offense have to start on there 20 always would be very advantedgous. Tynes has also looked good kicking field goals.

I'm convinced Tynes is on steroids.
    "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

I've been impressed so far. He's also incredibly clutch in my opinion. Looking around the league, I'd say he's one of the better kickers. Glad to have him.

Comment

he has gotten better every year
        "Thumper! What did your father tell you?"

Thumper (looking rather forlorn): "If you can't say somethin' nice..." (sigh) "...don't say nothin' at all

Comment

He's on Wheaties and Red Bull.

Comment

someone pee test this cat......his power tonight was definitely not Tynes like

Comment

He's looked great. He is finally healthy and I think this has been his best camp and pre season perfromance.

Comment

Originally posted by grapenut View Post
                he has gotten better every year
                Hard work, training, practice, dedication, etc usually does that through the years. To notice Tynes' development on the Giants through the seasons is an amazing story itself. Wondering what former-Jet-now-Superbowl-Champion-Giant-Punter Weatherford was thinking tonight when the Jets punter was shanking punts like there was no tomorrow.

Comment

I wonder how much of it is Tynes' progression and how much was moving kickoffs to the 35 yard line...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Inside the 43 he's money for FG's but on kickoff's he's been the biggest beneficiary of the new NFL rule moving the spot up a few yds
                    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Yeah, he used to kick it to the 5, now to the end of the end zone...Even with the 5 yards, that's still 10 extra yard he's kicking better...

Comment

Moving up the kickoff line by 5 yards doesn't explain how he's clearing 45-yard field goals right down the middle with a lot more distance to go.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
                          Moving up the kickoff line by 5 yards doesn't explain how he's clearing 45-yard field goals right down the middle with a lot more distance to go.
                          EGGS-actly. Plus, the rule was in effect last season, and he wasn't booming them to the back like he has been in the first 2 games this month.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
                            Saw him in Albany on the last day of Training Camp...he was booming them out of the end zone. Really looks like his leg is stronger

Comment

Only rated 79 or something in Madden, he is a **** kicker cut him!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X