Jake Muasau

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake Muasau

While only officially credited with one tackle, I was very impressed with his play. He runs extremely well, easily the most athletic MLB on the roster. He got deep quite a few times with TEs/WRs and had no problem at all down field. Blew up McKnight over the middle and forced the fumble (which got changed to an incomplete pass) He looks perfect for a tampa 2 Mike. Made a couple plays in the backfield (didnt get the tackle, but still blew up the play). Seems to have good awareness. Not sure if he got a pass deflection on a tebow roll out either. But tebow, for being a guy who is supposed to not fear contact, but he saw Muasau coming and just threw the ball away quickly.
    Last edited by slipknottin; 08-19-2012, 07:59 AM.

Is there room for him on the 53? If we try to slip him onto the PS, will he get wiped by another team?

Comment

He needs to make the 53. Fast, can cover, great to the ball and lays a lick. he was the best MLB on the field for us last night.

Comment

He played WLB in college correct? I know he played DB in HS so you can picture that transition to tampa2MLBer.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
          While only officially credited with one tackle, I was very impressed with his play. He runs extremely well, easily the most athletic MLB on the roster. He got deep quite a few times with TEs/WRs and had no problem at all down field. Blew up McKnight over the middle and forced the fumble (which got changed to an incomplete pass) He looks perfect for a tampa 2 Mike. Made a couple plays in the backfield (didnt get the tackle, but still blew up the play). Seems to have good awareness. Not sure if he got a pass deflection on a tebow roll out either. But tebow, for being a guy who is supposed to not fear contact, but he saw Muasau coming and just threw the ball away quickly.
          More athletic than boley and Jaquan? Hmmm

Comment

I'll be honest, I don't know a whole lot about him. I noticed him a few times I think (long hair?). Seems like he's a player, but we're carrying so many linebackers already. It might be difficult for him to get a spot

Comment

Originally posted by RichGiants81 View Post
              More athletic than boley and Jaquan? Hmmm

Probably pretty similar to them and Rivers. But none of those guys are MLBs, either.

Comment

i like him kuhn and marshall to make the team, he might push out jones.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
                @Katdaddyjay 17h
                @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
                http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                  Probably pretty similar to them and Rivers. But none of those guys are MLBs, either.
                  Got you but there has been consideration on trying boley and Jaquan in the middle

Comment

Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
                    He played WLB in college correct? I know he played DB in HS so you can picture that transition to tampa2MLBer.
                    He played the Bandit which is where they move him all over the field. Kind of a linebacker/safety hybrid.

Comment

I was in and out of the game but the one thing that did stick out in the 4th quarter was the long haired LB who turned and covered TEs running down the seam. If this Muasau , I hope he makes it.

Comment

Originally posted by tuck&rolle View Post
                        I'll be honest, I don't know a whole lot about him. I noticed him a few times I think (long hair?). Seems like he's a player, but we're carrying so many linebackers already. It might be difficult for him to get a spot
                        Exactly. As is the case every year, we are going to cut some quality players. With Boley, Kiwi, Williams, Rivers, Blackburn, Herzlich, Paysinger, Jones all probably ahead of Muasau, unless he has a huge 2 more games in the preseason, he is going to the PS.
                        Last edited by TheAnalyst; 08-20-2012, 08:04 AM.
                        WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                          Exactly. As is the case every year, we are going to cut some quality players. With Boley, Kiwi, Williams, Rivers, Blackburn, Herzlich, Paysinger, Jones all probably ahead of Muasau, unless he has a huge 2 more games in the preseason, he is going to the PS.
                          Have to agree, all the guys that you listed above ahead of Muasau also have already played active snaps in the nfl and are somewhat proven commodities. If Boley starts the year on the PUP it could be possible to see Muasau on the 53, but I would have to say one thing hurting him is that I haven't really seen him make an impact on special teams, unlike guys like Stanback who did stand out on special teams and have also been playing well when given a shot...

Comment

Originally posted by Dline83 View Post
                            Have to agree, all the guys that you listed above ahead of Muasau also have already played active snaps in the nfl and are somewhat proven commodities. If Boley starts the year on the PUP it could be possible to see Muasau on the 53, but I would have to say one thing hurting him is that I haven't really seen him make an impact on special teams, unlike guys like Stanback who did stand out on special teams and have also been playing well when given a shot...
                            I didn't see the game, but if the guy us turning heads like that, then he should make the team over Herz, Peysinger, or Jones because they may have potential and SOME experience, I'll take the game proven talent any day.

Comment

Originally posted by JJC7301 View Post
                              I didn't see the game, but if the guy us turning heads like that, then he should make the team over Herz, Peysinger, or Jones because they may have potential and SOME experience, I'll take the game proven talent any day.
                              Maybe, but he hasnt shown anything on STs like Herz, Paysinger or Jones all have. To be a depth LB, you need to play STs and play it well.
                              WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Working...
                              X