Rivers look real good

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rivers look real good

I thought Keith Rivers looked really good last night. was around the ball on every play it looked like. had a nice TFL, helped in the run game, and looked very quick and athletic.

he could end up being a starter or a depth player thats used a lot

Very doubtful that you could get a player like Rivers, a LBer working with the ones, in the fifth round. It was hard for this move to bust, which made the poor response it received confusing, to say the least.
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
      I thought Keith Rivers looked really good last night. was around the ball on every play it looked like. had a nice TFL, helped in the run game, and looked very quick and athletic.

he could end up being a starter or a depth player thats used a lot
      wasn't that the purpose of bringing him to the Giants....
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
        Very doubtful that you could get a player like Rivers, a LBer working with the ones, in the fifth round. It was hard for this move to bust, which made the poor response it received confusing, to say the least.
        yeah i didnt quite understand that response either. and gametime, yeah that was the plan, doesnt mean it ends up working out like that. so far so good imo

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
          yeah i didnt quite understand that response either. and gametime, yeah that was the plan, doesnt mean it ends up working out like that. so far so good imo
          I was just being a wiseass....:biggrin:
          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
            I can't speak for everyone, but from my perspective the concern was his injury history and ability to stay healthy. We know he was a top 10 pick and had the potential that dictated that draft slot. Here's to hoping his health stays with him so we can reap the benefits of a player the Bengals just quit on. A practice our organization does not engage in, sometimes to the point of our detriment.
            I hate Philthy. The teams, their fans, the city.

Comment

i dunno if his injury history is accurate tho. i know the reason he and the bengals parted ways was due to a disagreement about a forearm injury that the bengals IR'd him over (Rivers didnt think that was right) or something like that. He had a pretty stellar rookie season until he missed time, and he has been hurt but I dunno if it was a fluke or what...all I know is he looks damn athletic.

Comment

The first injury in the NFL was his broken jaw courtesy of Hines Ward, as far as I know. The IR incident was a wrist, if I am remembering correctly. Yeah, I have nothing but hope that he just rockets into the spotlight and kicks butt for us.
                I hate Philthy. The teams, their fans, the city.

Comment

yeah that was such a bs hit by ward...keep the head on a swivel i know but the play wasnt really even near Rivers and Ward went head hunting on a rookie no less...that was such a ****ty thing by ward...but yeah that was a fluke type injury, and the forearm injury, well I still dont know the extent of it and who was right or wrong between him and the begals

Comment

I made a previous post about him because he is a good player and if he keeps playing like this we can really use him. I just cant tell were he will fit??

Comment

could be all over the place. to be honest, if he can continue his progression in run support, he could play (and prob start) in either OLB spot. With how PF likes to move people all over the place, I dont think there will be an issue with getting him on the field...We could see him and Boley as the 2 lb's in the nickel set...we could even see him play the mike on passing downs...he has great quickness and athleticism/agility. at his size, and strength...he really could and should be a great player (which is why he went top 10 in his draft)

Comment

For a moment I thought this thread was going to talk about Phillip rivers and be an Eli hating thread. I am glad those days are over. LineBacker is all about matchups, maybe a game where we have to cover a character like Darren sprols having another linebacker option will help us match up.
                        Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

I've been very impressed with Rivers. He always seems to be in the mix wherever the ball is and has shown good physicality...something I thought he wouldn't be considering his injury history.

I'm really liking the Giants LB situation right now.
                          "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                            I was just being a wiseass....:biggrin:

that seems to be something you specialize in

Comment

That's our starter right there regardless of whether Jacquan returns. JW will be an excellent situational substitute where we need speed. He may also work in at the Deion Grant role in the box as an extra heavy DB. (though I see Will Hill filling that role as well) Very nice turn of events at LB depth.
                              No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Working...
                              X