Eli's interception

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eli's interception

Last night one play really intrigued me, but didn't bother me. When Eli threw that interception. After the game Eli said he meant to throw the ball out of bounds and just misjudged.

But originally it appeared to me that Randle possibly ran the wrong route. It looked like an option route where Randle could have made a rookie mistake and went off to the side rather than running straight ahead in a go route which Eli may have thought that's what he was going to do. Ralph V. and Mike G thought the same thing at first.

Do you think Eli was protecting his rookie receiver by saying it was his fault rather then throwing the rookie under the bus?

Eli was throwing it away, he just didn't throw it far enough.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

get the cobwebs out

Comment

Originally posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
        get the cobwebs out
        They come with old age
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I think he was protecting Randle. If it happens during regular season I think he will do the same thing and let the coaches take care of it. I was however screaming my head off though!
          "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Comment

funny part is ....as much as we all want to sit here and speculate like we know something.........reality is we will NEVER know
            "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

It was a horrible throw by Eli. Don't think he saw the safety that deep.
              WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

This was a good example of sometimes taking a sack, but he had guys underneath should have checked down instead of looking deep the whole time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bones911 View Post
                  Last night one play really intrigued me, but didn't bother me. When Eli threw that interception. After the game Eli said he meant to throw the ball out of bounds and just misjudged.

But originally it appeared to me that Randle possibly ran the wrong route. It looked like an option route where Randle could have made a rookie mistake and went off to the side rather than running straight ahead in a go route which Eli may have thought that's what he was going to do. Ralph V. and Mike G thought the same thing at first.

Do you think Eli was protecting his rookie receiver by saying it was his fault rather then throwing the rookie under the bus?
                  He was definitely not protecting Randle. Any time you see it's the wide out running the wrong route, Eli shows it with his reaction after the play. He was under pressure and tried to throw it away but did a terrible job of that.

Comment

He told Tom he tried to throw it out of bounds.

It's pre-season, plus I think Eli is the least of our worries.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                      This was a good example of sometimes taking a sack, but he had guys underneath should have checked down instead of looking deep the whole time.
                      I agree, I thought he should've just took the sack instead of what he did ....then I realized its preseason

Comment

Originally posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
                        I think he was protecting Randle. If it happens during regular season I think he will do the same thing and let the coaches take care of it. I was however screaming my head off though!
                        Screaming your head off for a pre-season game?

Comment

Originally posted by BurnerNYG View Post
                          Screaming your head off for a pre-season game?
                          It stills gives a sense of Eli's thought processes. He still tries to make a play instead of letting it die.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                            It stills gives a sense of Eli's thought processes. He still tries to make a play instead of letting it die.
                            Or maybe he thought since it's preseason, might was well try to turn a play out of it rather than taking a sack....would be silly to take a sack that could potentially end your season...You think Defenses are going to hit Eli less hard since it's preseason?
                            Last edited by ELI_Iz_God; 08-20-2012, 01:02 AM.

Comment

Definitely not Eli's fault. The way Randle turned his hips after showing the slant-like route, it looked like Randle was -- for sure -- running a corner route. I mean look at the way he turned his hips, looked like a corner route and without hesitation, Eli threw the corner route. Randle then rounded off his stem, and ended up no where in the vicinity of the ball.
                              My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Working...
                              X