Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prince Amukamara had a rough game

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...ticle-1.990182
    Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Re: Prince Amukamara had a rough game

[quote user="bigjeep"]http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...ticle-1.990182[/quote]

Yeah...I still think he'll be a nice player. No mini camps...no traning camps....no preseason....broken foot. This guy needs an off season

Comment

[quote user="bigjeep"]http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...ticle-1.990182[/quote]

A lot of rookie CB's with no mini camps or training camps do.

Prince could very well end up as a great defender.

Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

The guy Peterson from the Cardinals is having his share if issues this season too and he was the 1st CB taken in the draft and he has ha the benefit of pre season.

I knew this would happen if he struggled some. People will now be saying he is a bust and Reese doesn't know what he is doing. First, let the kid get a little more playing time before we rule him a bust. Second, as far as Reese knowing the draft, JPP.

Comment

Can't see how anyone can evaluate the DBs when Fewell continues to put these players in bad schemes. Prince will be fine once Fewell is gone.

Comment

I'd have to say playing as a rookie CB is probably one of the toughest things to do currently in the NFL. So many adjustments in the style of your play you need to change from college, more complex schemes to learn, and more talented receivers to deal with at the NFL level.

I don't think the jury will be out on Prince at all this year unless he has some phenomenal game with 3 picks and completely shuts down some elite WR.

Comment

[quote user="buddy33"]The guy Peterson from the Cardinals is having his share if issues this season too and he was the 1st CB taken in the draft and he has ha the benefit of pre season. I knew this would happen if he struggled some. People will now be saying he is a bust and Reese doesn't know what he is doing. First, let the kid get a little more playing time before we rule him a bust. Second, as far as Reese knowing the draft, JPP.[/quote]

Noone mentioned the word "bust" until you did!

Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

True. Read it a few times last night though and I guess it carried over.

Comment

Honestly what did everyone expect? No CB comes in and dominates immediately. Prince has little to no practice time, he's recovering from a broken foot and the most important fact is this: HE'S A ROOKIE.

Comment

We have 6 year vets with 2 years of practice time who apparently can't figure out Fewell's coverage schemes. What chance does Prince have?

Comment

He's a rookie who will get better
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="bigjeep"]http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...ticle-1.990182[/quote]

We have 6 year vets with 2 years of practice time who apparently can't figure out Fewell's coverage schemes. What chance does Prince have?[/quote]

He's a rookie, he needs time to learn, this is baptism by fire for him. Lighten up.
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

He had NO help in the Safety position all night!!! ZERO...Fewell sucks with his scheme..and this kid was loaded onto premier receivers all alone.....Ross the "veteran" looked more like a rookie than Prince,,Nah can't blame Prince.

Comment

[quote user="TheEnigma"]I'd have to say playing as a rookie CB is probably one of the toughest things to do currently in the NFL. So many adjustments in the style of your play you need to change from college, more complex schemes to learn, and more talented receivers to deal with at the NFL level.

I don't think the jury will be out on Prince at all this year unless he has some phenomenal game with 3 picks and completely shuts down some elite WR.[/quote]

He can make up ground quickly, as we've seen. For me, seeing him knock the ball out of the Packer's receiver's hands that SHOULD HAVE negated a TD is all I need to know for now. He has skills and he has to get used to the speed of the NFL game.

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="bigjeep"]http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...ticle-1.990182[/quote]

We have 6 year vets with 2 years of practice time who apparently can't figure out Fewell's coverage schemes. What chance does Prince have?[/quote]

He's a rookie, he needs time to learn, this is baptism by fire for him.* Lighten up.
                              [/quote]

No, that's my point. Everyone was blowing coverages last night, of course the rookie who has little practice time is going to. I'm not worried about him.

Comment

Working...
                              X