Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any word on Herzlich?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any word on Herzlich?

    I thought he was playing well. Will he miss a lot of time with his injury?

  • #2
    Herzlich practiced yesterday, according to Mike Garafolo. I would think if he practices today then it is likely we will see him on Friday.

    Comment


    • #3
      That's good to hear. Thought he was looking quicker than last year.

      Comment


      • #4
        With the way Rivers looked last game, it finally looks like our LB corp is looking up. Cut blackburn!!

        Comment


        • #5
          He practiced fully I believe

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jahh View Post
            With the way Rivers looked last game, it finally looks like our LB corp is looking up. Cut blackburn!!
            I think with Blackburn calling the 1st team defense, he is probably going to be the guy...Don't get me wrong, I think he's a complete liability in coverage and an average run stopper. He wins the job for two reasons: Hes a Veteran and The Superbowl. I just hope Rivers Boley and Kiwi can pick up some of his slack.

            Nobody has stepped up and taken the job from him, he's not going to be cut.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by PBTimmons View Post
              I think with Blackburn calling the 1st team defense, he is probably going to be the guy...Don't get me wrong, I think he's a complete liability in coverage and an average run stopper. He wins the job for two reasons: Hes a Veteran and The Superbowl. I just hope Rivers Boley and Kiwi can pick up some of his slack.

              Nobody has stepped up and taken the job from him, he's not going to be cut.
              Yeeah, I understand that dynamic but I just don't think we are doing ourselves any favors by being loyal to him. Many people disagree with me but I know we have better players on the team. I def. hear ya though.

              Comment


              • #8
                That's good because he was pretty bad on the first game and then gets injured in the second. He needs to show something soon. We have too many linebackers battling to give a second year player a pass because he is a crowd dandy. Show something Herz.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Jahh View Post
                  Yeeah, I understand that dynamic but I just don't think we are doing ourselves any favors by being loyal to him. Many people disagree with me but I know we have better players on the team. I def. hear ya though.
                  TC runs a meritocracy where the best player plays. That's how you win Super Bowls. If Herzlich is healthy and performing better than Blackburn "all in", then he'll be our starter.
                  No one remembers who came in second.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by PBTimmons View Post
                    I think with Blackburn calling the 1st team defense, he is probably going to be the guy...Don't get me wrong, I think he's a complete liability in coverage and an average run stopper. He wins the job for two reasons: Hes a Veteran and The Superbowl. I just hope Rivers Boley and Kiwi can pick up some of his slack.

                    Nobody has stepped up and taken the job from him, he's not going to be cut.
                    Its pretty odd to call him a liability since he had picks on rogers and brady. And all these other linebackers we had pretty much stunk it up all year to the point we had to bring him off the couch.
                    Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Jahh View Post
                      Yeeah, I understand that dynamic but I just don't think we are doing ourselves any favors by being loyal to him. Many people disagree with me but I know we have better players on the team. I def. hear ya though.
                      I would like to see Herzlick play MLB but so far he has not earned it. I hope he will. Jones was horrible last year when given the opportunity.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by appodictic View Post
                        Its pretty odd to call him a liability since he had picks on rogers and brady. And all these other linebackers we had pretty much stunk it up all year to the point we had to bring him off the couch.
                        While I can't completely disagree with you...have you heard of the saying that even a blind squirrel finds a nut?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BROADWAYSTORM View Post
                          That's good because he was pretty bad on the first game and then gets injured in the second. He needs to show something soon. We have too many linebackers battling to give a second year player a pass because he is a crowd dandy. Show something Herz.
                          I gotta disagree with ya.

                          I think he did pretty well so far this pre-season, he's def gained a step from last season and wouldnt you rather have us groom our future Mike LB with Chase still here to help him along the way.

                          Chase is great and I want him to remain a Giant for the remainder of his career, but at this point he's not much more than a depth player.
                          Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X