The Chickens' come home to roost!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Chickens' come home to roost!

I think this year is the first year where our lack of investment of first round talent or impact free agents will dramatically impact our O-line's performance. The running game will struggle and I think we will begin to see the pass protection struggle as well this year. Hopefully I'm wrong and we can defend our title, but my gut tells me the O-line is our Achilles heel.

I think if Eli's stats fo fown this yeat it will be due to his sub-par line. I think last years Eli was not a flash in the pan. He has become an elite QB. I still don't think he is as good as pre-injury Peyton, Rodgers, or Brady, but he is elite Before last year you couldn't say that.
    Last edited by B&RWarrior; 08-21-2012, 12:00 PM.
    Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    I think this year is the first year where our lack of investment of first round talent or impact free agents will dramatically impact our performance.

ALL-IN!

Comment

Originally posted by GiantVibes View Post
      I meant to say our O-line's performance. If we win another ring they can play crappy all day long. LOL!
      Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

Comment

I think this year is the first year where our lack of investment of first round talent or impact free agents will dramatically impact our O-line's performance. The running game will struggle and I think we will begin to see the pass protection struggle as well this year. Hopefully I'm wrong and we can defend our title, but my gut tells me the O-line is our Achilles heel.

I think if Eli's stats fo fown this yeat it will be due to his sub-par line. I think last years Eli was not a flash in the pan. He has become an elite QB. I still don't think he is as good as pre-injury Peyton, Rodgers, or Brady, but he is elite Before last year you couldn't say that.
        Well they're roosting with 2 SB rings in 5 years.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

why would you think these things?

superbowl champions along with the superbowl mvp.....if anything i think they improved over last year!
          sigpic

Comment

even if we do have a down year, we have 2 rings in 6 years... get over it lol...
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
              Last years SB ring was in spite of the O-line's play not because of it. Eventually you have to address areas of weakness.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
                why would you think these things?

superbowl champions along with the superbowl mvp.....if anything i think they improved over last year!
                THe OL has not improved. I say these things becuase they are the truth. If it makes you feel better I could lie and say we have no weaknesses.

Comment

Originally posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
                  even if we do have a down year, we have 2 rings in 6 years... get over it lol...
                  great analysis LOL!

Comment

Last years SB ring was in spite of the O-line's play not because of it. Eventually you have to address areas of weakness.
                    Your implication is that we should have drafted O linemen high instead of the players we drafted. OK fine. What O tackles were available to us instead of Hakeem Nicks in 2009, or instead of JPP in 2010. Both those players were indespensible to us in our SB win last year. The answer is NOBODY. I looked at those drafts. Unless Brian Bulaga or Mike Iupata are better players than those two current Giants. We did draft Will Beatty who was talked about in the first round and we got him at the end of the second. He just can't stay on the field.

Point is that we draft to the best players. And we've drafted good enough for a couple of SB wins. THATS the standard. Every team has holes, thats the new NFL. We have overcome ours to win championships.
                    When you say that we should have drafted Bulaga, then you don't get JPP. Its a simple as that I say we wouldn't have won it last year then.
                    So maybe you can tell us who we should have drafted and who we shouldn't have.
                    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      Super Bowl rings are no replacement for drafting a good offensive lineman!
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

We had one of the worst offensive lines in the leauge last year and won the superbowl.

Comment

Originally posted by davepc View Post
                          We had one of the worst offensive lines in the leauge last year and won the superbowl.
                          How could that be? Luck?
                          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                            How could that be? Luck?
                            The quarterback is really really good and adjusting to pressure and getting the ball out of his hand quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                              How could that be? Luck?
                              of course it was luck Ro. Just ask Clay Matthews, the Niners, and various other notable players in the league......
                              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Working...
                              X