Just saw something on Shaun Rogers on ESPN Ticker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just saw something on Shaun Rogers on ESPN Ticker

Tom Coughlin says there is now a ray of hope that he may play again this season. Was thought to be out for year with the blood clot. Interesting. Didn't see anything on this in first two pages of threads. Could be good news
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

wow if true great news....he worked his *** offf to lose weight

Comment

Obviously we would all love to have him back I just hope he takes care of his health first. He's a big dude even after the weight loss

Comment

There's a blurb about it in the daily news thread.
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Man I hope he is ok, we need that big guy.

Comment

Hey guys as a physician I can tell you that the problem is that Shaun is on a blood thinner to try to get rid of the clot in his leg (known as a DVT, deep vein thrombosis). Typically it requires therapy from 3 to 6 months, and it would be dangerous (he could bleed) to play football.

My guess is that it may not be as serious as previously thought and that the clot is in a small vein in the lower leg. If this is the case it could be treated with less serious medications (aspirin) is a possibility and he could return quickly.

I hope this is true because if he truly had a DVT it could mean he has a condition that could be career ending.

Comment

Originally posted by Medisleman View Post
              Hey guys as a physician I can tell you that the problem is that Shaun is on a blood thinner to try to get rid of the clot in his leg (known as a DVT, deep vein thrombosis). Typically it requires therapy from 3 to 6 months, and it would be dangerous (he could bleed) to play football. My guess is that it may not be as serious as previously thought and that the clot is in a small vein in the lower leg. If this is the case it could be treated with less serious medications (aspirin) is a possibility and he could return quickly. I hope this is true because if he truly had a DVT it could mean he has a condition that could be career ending.
              Thanks for the info
              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
              5-NE

Comment

Originally posted by Medisleman View Post
                Hey guys as a physician I can tell you that the problem is that Shaun is on a blood thinner to try to get rid of the clot in his leg (known as a DVT, deep vein thrombosis). Typically it requires therapy from 3 to 6 months, and it would be dangerous (he could bleed) to play football.

My guess is that it may not be as serious as previously thought and that the clot is in a small vein in the lower leg. If this is the case it could be treated with less serious medications (aspirin) is a possibility and he could return quickly.

I hope this is true because if he truly had a DVT it could mean he has a condition that could be career ending.
                Thanks for the info, Doc. Hey maybe you can help me. I get this sharp pain in my eye every time I drink coffee. Should I see a doctor or just take the spoon out of the cup?

Comment

hmmm, good news, hopefully the new rules can give us some flexibility to wait

now, having said that, a friend of mine, female, had a blood clot in the leg and has been taking a blood thiner Coumadin for a few years, so it is a bad thing as we probably all know by now ... fingers crossed .... Rodgers is an athlete, doesn't smoke ... whereas my friend was a smoker
                  Apologize to Melo 5

Comment

Originally posted by GMan-67 View Post
                    hmmm, good news, hopefully the new rules can give us some flexibility to waitnow, having said that, a friend of mine, female, had a blood clot in the leg and has been taking a blood thiner Coumadin for a few years, so it is a bad thing as we probably all know by now ... fingers crossed .... Rodgers is an athlete, doesn't smoke ... whereas my friend was a smoker
                    Maybe with the new IR rules we can use him for some depth late in the season hopefully.

4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE

Comment

Originally posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
                      Thanks for the info, Doc. Hey maybe you can help me. I get this sharp pain in my eye every time I drink coffee. Should I see a doctor or just take the spoon out of the cup?
                      Now that's funny

4-New York Giants!!!
                      5-NE

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                        Maybe with the new IR rules we can use him for some depth late in the season hopefully.
                        What exactly are the new rules?? I guess working so much the past few months I missed this.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Red22 View Post
                          What exactly are the new rules?? I guess working so much the past few months I missed this.
                          I dont know the exact rule. maybe someone can post a link. To my knowledge i think you can now bring one person back that was put on IR after an 8 or 10 week period. I dont think its an unlimited amount of players. Used to be once on IR a persons season was over. Now you can choose to bring someone back to the active roster after said period of time.

4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                            I dont know the exact rule. maybe someone can post a link. To my knowledge i think you can now bring one person back that was put on IR after an 8 or 10 week period. I dont think its an unlimited amount of players. Used to be once on IR a persons season was over. Now you can choose to bring someone back to the active roster after said period of time.
                            the players union hadnt voted on it last i heard i dont think the rule is in effect yet...

Comment

Also the OT rules that they were using for the Playoffs will now be enforced for all Regular season games as well. You can not anylonger win the coin toss and go down and kick a FG and win the game. IF so the other team would get the ball once to either tie or win with TD. If they they tie it goes back to old sudden death rules. Team that wins toss can win game by scoring a TD. Team on Defense first can also win game by scoring a TD on pick 6 or fumble returned for TD on first drive of OT.

The other BIG change was the fact that now all Turnovers get reviewed by booth. SO now Coaches will not have to throw the RED Flag on a questionable Turnover and waste a time out if wrong. This can be good and bad. Sometimes you see a turnover and the team will quickly go up to line and try and run a play before the opposing coach has a chance to think about challenging a questionable turnover. I dont know if this applys to a play where there is a fumble and the team that had the ball recovers it back. may just be actual turnovers

4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE

Comment

Working...
                              X